“Enchanting tours with Marisa!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rome with Marisa
Ranked #220 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Rome with Marisa" provides Rome Private Tours for Indipendent Travellers (Italian and English). Each tour is provided by Marisa, archaeologist and qualified tourist guide. Discover Rome with a local guide!
Federal Way, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enchanting tours with Marisa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Marisa is a great guide! We spent two days with her visiting Vatican City, the colosseum, the roman forum and the pantheon. She had interesting information at every turn and answered any question eloquently. She was very sweet and passionate about the sites and their history. Definitely recommend!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AKRaven9
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
HI! Many thanks for your review :)
Despite of the weather, we did a nice tour!

Dallas, Texas
“This tour gave us real insights into the lives of the Romans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 days in Rome with Marissa as our personal tour guide. She took us to see the ruins and told countless stories to help us understand just what it must have been like to live during the time of the Roman Empire. She took us counter to the traffic and provided us with a really interesting explanation of the main sights of the city.
Prior to arriving in Rome, we had been on a cruise and Marissa was kind enough to help us find guides in many of the ports along the way.
She is a wonderful guide and person!

Ann and James Curtis

Visited October 2013
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Anne, many thanks for the review!
We spent 3 nice days together...we walked so much!
I'm glad you liked this experience, for me was very nice to meet you.

Laguna Hills, California
“Best in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Of all our tours in Rome, Marisa was the best. She is relaxed, friendly and knowledgeable, all of which made for a wonderful morning and lunch with her. Her scheduling flexibility is an extremely welcome amenity. Her fee is standard (by Roman law) and although you pay a little more for a private vs. group tour it is WELL WORTH IT. I have already referred friends to her website. Thanks again, Marisa.

Visited September 2013
mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hi Jeff!

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure for me to meet you and your wife..
It's so nice to walk around Trastevere in good company!
Thanks for recommending my website to your friend! :)
Brisbane, Australia
“Once in a lifetime experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Marisa gave my wife and I an unforgettable tour of Rome, she is passionate and knowledgeable about all aspects of historical significance, very patient and friendly.
She had all the necessary tools on hand such as I-Pad and overlay book to convey the Architectural changes of Rome thru the ages.
Marisa and her driver made it so easy to access all the sites, with his skilful driving /parking and all tickets had been pre-purchased. She has a great sense of humour and we laughed throughout the tour.
We would highly recommend Marisa as THE tour guide extraordinaire!

Thank you Marisa - and driver!!

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear John,

It's rare to find smiling and nice clients as you! We laughed so much that I still smile at the memory of that day! It was very moving even to see your wife tears in the Sistine Chapel..
Come back soon in Rome ;)

London, United Kingdom
“Marisa The Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Marisa was absolutely one of the best guides I have ever had. She is lovely, calm, fun and critically - she is incredibly informed. There wasn't a thing she could not tell us about Rome and it's glorious and colourful history. I was with teenagers too and when we left they agreed she brought the history alive. We also asked her to point us in the direction of a good restaurant at the end of our day - and we ended up in exactly the authentic kind of restaurant we hoped for.
Thanks Marisa. From Bongo and the family.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Bongo, many thanks for your nice review!!
Despite we did a last-minute booking, everything was perfect about timing and schedule.
So I really liked to be your guide! I loved touring with you and your kids, really interested and well-mannered. thanks again!