The First Roma
US$625
US$414
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
  • Restaurant
US$733
US$443
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart hotelrooftop barjunior suiteglass of proseccomichelin star restaurantspanish stepsnear piazza del popoloquiet side streeton arrivalluxury hotelbeautiful hotelmarble bathroomour honeymoonnespresso machinedinner reservationssitting areathe hotel manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I'm not a regular in 5 stars hotels but I can definitely appreciate quality services and aesthetics. The first luxury art hotel in Rome is what I would call a smooth as silk and cool luxury.

Saying that, I mean that there was never a moment that we felt that our needs or wishes wouldn't be met. Miriam was our welcoming receptionist and honestly I felt like somebody was offering me his own residence for a couple of days. The personel there has a way to make you feel comfortable. There is nothing snoby about this hotel. Fresh , young people are willing to fix you a drink, show you to your room, invite your for breakfast and are always there when you need them.

We had arranged our airport transfer with the service offered by the hotel and although it could be in a more competitive price (comparing to other freelance transfer providers' prices) I must admit that the hotel's smoothness was extended straight up to the airport' s threshold. From the moment we left the baggage reclaim area we forgot about our luggage just to find it again in the walking closet of our room after half an hour.

At this point I should mention that we were offered a room upgrade which was more than a pleasant surprise. I'm not gonna stay in the room amenities and decoration. What you see in the officially published photos is exactly what you get. I'm gonna stay though in the flexibility of the management in optimising accomodation when availability allows it. Two Weeks ago, we asked for a late check out and our flight's arrival time implied an early check in. Management upgraded our room in order to ensure that we get both and that's a five stars attitude.

Regarding the aesthetics it was definitely of my liking. Minimal, poparty with proper touches of roman-mediterranean elements and enough cosinessin the rooms. Nothing overloaded, no funny gold architraves, no red carpets nothing out of date and old -fashioned. My congrats to the architectural design group (I'm an architect myself)

Last but not least, catering was of the same attitude and freshness. We tried the valentine's truffle menu although that was not the reason of our travel and it was worth every penny. My palette would agree with me. Bar service was nice, eager to talk, suggest and make you feel like drinking in your sofa with friends without loosing its loungy touch. Only thing I would like to see improved would be a more robust personel presence both in the bar and the breakfast time restaurant. Both guys where genuinely interested and flamiliarly friendly but it felt like they were comissioned with a bunch of other tasks that kept them away of your sight for several intervals. Closing I wish breakfast buffet was more corresponidng to the rest of the hotel in terms of inspiration. Everything as beautiful and tasty but it missed the element of imagination.

All in all. Definitely stay there cause we will definitely get back too

3  Thank TheoFly
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Just back from 3 nights celebrating my 50th birthday at this Fantastic hotel, the hotel upgraded us to a suite and also added breakfast as a special treat for my birthday.
The location of this hotel is great, 5 mins from the nearest tube station/main shopping district and 10 mins to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.
The room was spacious, spotless and very trendy, throughout the hotel the theme is very modern and on par with other 5 star hotels we have been fortunate to stay in over the years.
I must say a very special thank you to all the excellent staff who made our trip very special.
If you are looking for a modern boutique hotel in the centre of Rome, this is the place to stay !!
Colin & Kim McLean

2  Thank ColinMcLean120262
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was my fourth and favorite stay in Rome. The First Hotel exceeded all of my expectations. Wish our stay would've been longer.
Check-in was quick and easy, we even requested to be changed to a room with a balcony. Our request was granted without hesitation. After a bit of a wait to transfer rooms, we settled in our beautiful junior suite. Nicely decorated, comfy king size bed, bookcases filled with books all about the city, art, & many interesting topics. In front of the bed, a nice lounge area to read, watch TV (TV is placed behind a mirror, so when turned off you can’t even tell it’s there) or just watch the fire place (which we didn't use). There is also a writing desk & a big closet. The marble bathroom is amazing, spacious stand up shower and deep soaking tub (perfect after a long day of walking). Both room and bathroom are spacious & beautiful. We slept with the balcony doors open, and there was absolutely no outside noise. We only had breakfast at the hotel which I think could have had a little bit more variety but overall it was good. The hotel common areas are beautiful & modern with fun art and furniture everywhere. At times we felt as if we were the only guests at the hotel. If you're looking for privacy, luxury, and a clean, beautiful, modern, attentive hotel, which is within walking distance to everything, you will love it! We wouldn’t even consider staying anywhere else in Rome.
The staff was incredibly attentive and took care of our every request, restaurant suggestions, reservations, transportation arrangements. No request was too big or too small for them. They took care of our every need with courtesy & efficiency without being intrusive. They were all great, but I can only remember 2 names, Barbara & Miriem, but I'm really thankful to all for making our stay so pleasant and hopefully the first of many!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderWoman05
Reviewed 9 February 2012

It was a dream week.
The hotel is designed so well, every point is carefully.
Everything was clean and cozy.
Warm and dedicated staff gives personal attention 24 hours a day, for a moment we forgot that we were without our family ...
Professional and responsible service, all staff speak excellent English.
The hotel is close to everything, especially the important street - Corsso shopping district.
Do not miss a meal at the hotel because it turns out that the chef is an artist as well and as far as the meal in the hotel was the best we eat in Rome.
I already miss the hotel.
have fun!

Room Tip: ask for what you want in the room
2  Thank lsheizaf
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had a wonderful stay @ The First. The room was incredibly nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. We had a couple of hiccups in the beginning, but the staff was quick to respond and I can't say enough good things about the people at the reception desk -- especially Tatiana. She's gracious, friendly, funny and truly customer service oriented.

I found the location convenient to everything (tourist attractions, shopping, restaurants). The hotel room was well designed with attention to detail (built-in bookshelves, tasteful contemporary/transitional decor that was well planned, seductive lighting, natural stone baths, deep soaking tub with air jets (depending on the room you book), etc.).

The outdoor rooftop is very attractively put together and provides an excellent panoramic view of Rome (especially for viewing New Year's eve fireworks). Special thanks to the Deputy General Manager, Cinzia, for inviting us to enjoy a champagne toast on the roof at the stroke of midnight. It was amazing.

If you're looking for a small, intimate, boutique hotel, I'd definitely recommend The First.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple