“Luxury living - heavenly escape!”

The First Luxury Art Hotel
Ranked #27 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I must admit I had second thoughts about my booking - it was quite expensive – but after checking all the lovely reviews online – I decided to take a chance, and I am SO VERY THANKFUL I did!

To start with a nice glass of prosecco while checking in and feeling so welcomed is highly appreciated after a long morning flight.

We had the most lovely, spacious, luxurious suite; “First Suite”, which is approx 56 square meters, two bathrooms, two seating areas, stairs up to the greatest hotel bed I have ever slept in, great artwork and understated luxury interiors. Everything felt new and clean. I almost did not want to leave our room to explore the city…

The rooftop, which was the reason I booked in the first place, had not opened for the season due to the weather, but I guess it is a tranquil, perfect place to enjoy the beautiful view with a drink or two and a nice summer breeze. We did not mind that it was not opened; we were perfectly fine in our room! Walking distance to everything is not a drawback either.

We had a long and wonderful lunch at the hotel restaurant All’Oro, it seemed very quiet, which is a shame, as the food and service was excellent!

I could go on about praising The First Luxury Art Hotel Roma, but to sum up my experience I will just write: In the eternal city, I am eternally yours.

Room Tip: The First Suites are superb!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Just wanted to share our lovely experience with everyone. They hotel is only 2 years old with only 21 rooms. Didn't realize they also had a michelin star rated restaurant which was a bonus!
Anyway, service was impeccable, the hotel, corridors, our room was beautifully decorated and smelled so so good too! We even got an upgrade which made our last 2 days in Italy so much more special as we are honeymooners.
Anyway, will highly highly recommend this hotel because it is so well located. WAlking distance to all the important sights and of course shopping for the lady! 5 stars for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We recently spent a long weekend in Rome with our 7 month old Daughter. We arrived at the hotel around 12 noon and received a very nice welcome. Our room was not ready (This was expected) but our bags and reservation were dealt with in a very friendly and helpful manner. The hotel is in an excellent location close to the Spanish Steps and less than 30 minutes walk to the Vatican. The hotel is in a small quiet street but turn the corner and you have all the shops and restaurants you need. The hotel recommend a restaurant for lunch - this turned out to be one of our best food experiences of the weekend.
After the first round of Designer Shop shopping, we returned to the hotel and received the key to our room. The room was again excellent - spacious, 2 bathrooms, lots of storage and a very comfortable king size bed. The cot for the baby had been delivered and set up (A common omission in many hotels we visit) and we received a free bottle of sparkling wine standing in ice. A great start and we were already feeling relaxed.
The next morning at breakfast the staff could not have been friendlier - we needed hot water and items sterilising - all done with a smile. Breakfast is very good with a wide range of hot and cold choices - the coffee is excellent.
After breakfast, we asked for a kettle for our room (needed for baby purposes) - all provided without any hassle. Throughout our stay, the staff were excellent - whenever we asked questions or needed something - the answer was positive and helpful.
We plan to return to the First Luxury Art Hotel and would strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Westwog
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We chose this hotel for our 30th wedding anniversary and were very pleased with our experience. We arrived exhausted and missing luggage. We used the car service from the airport to the hotel and the driver waited for us despite the delay - this service is highly recommended and you can arrange it by calling or Emailing the hotel before your arrival. Our room (an art suite) was very comfortable with a sitting area, excellent bathtub equipped bathroom and a king bed which was exceptionally comfortable - most importantly, it was quiet at night. The concierge and reception staff were truly amazing and provided "over the top" service and attention to detail - thank you Antonio and everyone! One tip - if you have warm water instead of hot, call reception right away and have them reset the heating system and it will be fixed. The rooftop bar is wonderful and perfect for a late-night glass of wine or a drink before dinner - don't miss it. Overall, we highly recommend the First Art Luxury Hotel in Rome!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were so happy with our stay at this incredible boutique hotel. My husband and I came to Rome after a very long trip from the West Coast of Florida and were so warmly welcomed by Antonio and his staff with water and and drinks if so desired. We were whisked to our room which was huge and amazingingly beautiful, and two bathrooms with a jacuzzi tub, marble, granite, robes, plush towels, slippers, more and more. The bed was to die for, huge and comfortable. Anywhere we wanted to go we were assisted with plans as well as our trip by plane and train to other cities in Italy. We came for our wedding vow renewal and everyone was so kind and it was truly one of the most romantic moments of my life, and vow to return again some day and will definitely stay here again, no doubt. Don't forget the upstairs patio!

Room Tip: We had 103 and it was fine, only a small problem over the weekend with cooler water heat.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and thought it was fabulous. The hotel staff were superb and couldn't do enough for you. The location was excellent and all the main attractions were within easy walking distance. We chose not to eat in the hotel, preferring to explore further afield but the restaurant looked inviting. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I booked a 4-night stay via British Airways and got a fabulous room for a great price. The junior suite has plush carpets, sumptuous bed, and large seating space. Importantly the customer service was excellent with staff going beyond their brief to confirm my taxi booking. Storing my luggage on the last day was no problem and they were happy to print out my plan boarding cards. Chilled sparkling wine had been set out in my room when I arrived. (They'd noticed when "checking" my passport that it was my birthday.) Lovely bathroom with nice spa products. Breakfasts were great too - croissants baked specially and still warm. I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo