“Excellent service & comfortable rooms”

The First Luxury Art Hotel
Ranked #33 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Came to Rome in July (2012) to propose to my girlfriend and the manager upgraded us to the best suite in the hotel. Lovely room with two full bathrooms. Very clean finishing with lots of interesting art scattered throughout the hotel and rooms. Really enjoyed the Japanese food on the roof top - was a nice change from Italian food. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the First Luxury Art in the middle of August, when Rome is very busy, hot and sweaty. The hotel was amazing - modern, clean, fresh. Our room was of top standard, my only possible criticism would be the the room was slightly on the smallish side, but other than that it really was a flawless experience.
The staff made some excellent recommendations with regards to restaurants that we should visit. The highlight of our stay in Rome was when the staff arranged for us to rent a Vespa scooter and we went out to Tivoli for the day.
The price was very good, I was totally surprised by the good value for money that we received. Good food, good wi-fi, what a nice place.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I wrapped up our trip in Italy when we came back to Rome and stayed at The First. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. The room we stayed in was large for Rome standards and was clean and had great features, including a large sitting area. The air conditioning worked very well, the flat screen HD TV's offered a number of languages. The bathroom was very big, sparkling and had a rain shower head. As is common in Europe, when you leave the room and take your key, the power shuts off. If you want to charge your devices (tablets, computers, etc) while you are gone, the staff can provide an extra room key for you. One of the nicest touches for me was the crystal glasses. There is something I have always liked about drinking out of a heavy crystal glass and this is the first time I've seen them in the guest rooms. The breakfasts were great and the poached eggs (eggs Benedict without the hollandaise) and sliced fruit were fantastic. The hotel is located about 25 meters down a darker side street, but is literally seconds away (walking) from some of the main traffic and shopping areas. We felt safe and it was very convenient for us. The rooftop restaurant looked good but didn't have a great selection of vegetarian options for my wife. The WIFI was pretty fast for a hotel. The only concern we had was the lack of space for our clothes. Other than a closet to hang up clothes and a couple of shelves in a cupboard, I made do with living out of my suitcase (my wife got the shelves). The only option I can see would be hanging up as much of your clothes as possible. I understand the staff speak several languages, and Antonio's English was the best I'd heard in Italy.
All-in-all, I would stay here again and would recommend it to my family and friends.
Thanks to Antonio and Giulia!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I just had my honeymoon here - what a great place!

The staff are extremely friendly and kind. Breakfast is excellent and the rooftop bar was very nice at sunset & the restaurant awesome. The suite I stayed in was amazing, each one being decked out in art from an individual artist and very luxurious.

This hotel makes a real change from other cookie cutter hotels, and was uniquely enjoyable. In turn, it has been uniquely memorable.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had a 3 night stay. So very enjoyable. Beautiful décor. lots of white, lots of art. Loved it. We had a Junior suite which had a pretty well sized main hallway, large bathroom with modern glass shower and separate tub, as well as a sitting room with sofa/chair/desk area, and a large bedroom, with king bed (we had the best sleep here) and walk in closet. There was also a balcony with access from sitting room and bedroom. A gorgeous room that was a pleasure to retreat to in the Rome heat (40 degrees during our visit). Service was wonderful - the gentlemen upstairs at the rooftop bar, and especially the ladies at the front desk - so lovely to chat with and great help with confirming reservations and anything we needed during our stay. The Bellini I had at the rooftop bar (incredible views of Rome - go when the sun is setting) was incredible, made with real peach puree and juice. Breakfast was nice, excellent espresso and a nice overall selection of food. You were also able to order a la carte from the kitchen which was nice just for a couple simple poached eggs. Location-wise was excellent as well - last time we visited Rome we were closer to Trevi which we thought was more 'central' - but we definitely preferred the location of the First. Down a quiet street (nice and quiet for sleeping!), right near Piazza del Popolo, lots of shopping nearby and close to all the sights. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Junior Suite - we had room on the 3rd floor corner, facing the courtyard. I think it was 305 or 306
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent six nights at The First Luxury Art Hotel in July. The front desk staff (Antonio, Meriem, and Agata were wonderful. The breakfast buffet had everything we could possibly want and Andrea and Guillermo were great hosts and remembered my double expresso every morning. I suggest booking a package that includes the breakfast buffet to avoid sticker shock with the breakfast buffet bill. The hotel suite was very large and more than adequate in all respects. The Hotel is ideally located and an easy walk to all the major attractions and is very close to the Tiber River if you wish to walk the river to you attractions.

Room Tip: Book a suite and include the breakfast buffet. Talk to the staff and say their name. They apprecia...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StevenB-cpa
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We just stayed here for 3 nights, and the location is perfect, the bed very comfortable, the room furniture really nice. The things that let this hotel down for us was that for one of the 3 night we were in a different room to the first 2 nights and there was a bath with a shower hose, but no handle to hang the shower hose so it was very awkward and uncomfortable to shower. The bathroom got very wet. I don't expect this type of thing at a 5 star hotel. The other thing letting this hotel down was the breakfasts - very average, compared to other 5 star hotels that we stay at.
The staff are very friendly, and happy to make recommendations. If the shower issue was fixed and breakfast was better, we would return.....I suggest that the Management of this hotel go and visit other 5 star hotels and see the breakfast spread that is offered and expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven C
thefirsthotel, Direttore at The First Luxury Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Steven C,

Thank you for taking the time to write us and for your precious comments
which we have taken all into good considerations.

Upon checking our records, it transpires that your reservations were
in fact for 3 nights, but for two completely different dates.
I also found that the first two nights where during July, whilst
the last night was for a date in August. As you surely appreciate,
sometimes it becomes necessary to allocate different rooms for the
different dates although keeping of course the same or higher category
rooms booked (as matter of fact for your second visit you enjoyed a
complimentary upgrade so to be on a same level as of your first visit).

I thank you for pointing out that the bathtub was not quite as
splashproof as expected, and we have already looked into the possibility
to place a partition around the bath tub to avoid further mishasps.

For what concern your comments about our breakfast, I have already
spoken to All’oro , our Michelin Star partner who manage our food and beverage
operations to ensure that the quality of the services and produce offered will be
at a par with the class and guests expectations. I am sure that Chef Riccardo di Giacinto will immediately react in order to elevate the breakfast to nothing less than excellence.

Please contact me if you wish to share more suggestions.

Thank you again for the comments and hope to see you back soon at
The First Luxury Art Hotel in Roma.

Best regards