“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

One of the best hotels we have stayed so far. Very posh, clean and great service. The location of the hotel is an added advantage.
We got room service twice a day. Reception will help you to hire bikes, arrange taxi service and airport transfers. If you visit Rome this is the hotel to stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Soumendra C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Always concerned about city hotels, but- we stayed her for 4 nights in early October. The Hotel is 5 mins wlk from the Spanish square and close to the main shopping area. In other words, a great location, and also quiet! Hotel is only a couple of years old, in an old building in a side street. The rooms are great, we had a junior suite, which had shower (no bath) and usual TV, mini bar etc.
There is a really nice rooftop terrace with bar, with 2 levels and views over rooftops (its higher than most around so you see a long way..) in the high summer I imagine this is a great place to chill in the evenings. Breakfast is buffet style, perfectly good, and they offer a menu for cooked items, omelette etc. The service and staff are exceptional, and all staff did all they could to assist us, Antonio at the front is a great guy, and has worked in London for many years. We would stay here again if in Rome again.

Room Tip: We were level 3 junior suite, very good, but I expect they are all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blond_e005
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed for our anniversary & couldn't fault this hotel. As usual had read some off reviews this time about staff being aloof & unhelpful. We'll this couldn't be more wrong. The staff, from door man to roof barman, were extremely friendly & helpful. Location is fantastic, shopping on doorstep and all major sites within walking distance, for us 15-30 mins. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant - we opted for the chef's choice tasting menu - best food I have eaten! As we were in early chef kept coming out to see what we thought & make sure we were happy. Excellent service again by waiters. Choose this hotel & you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The first night I was in a Deluxe room: DO NOT STAY IN THE DELUXE ROOM if you want to sleep well. That's because the hotel has 6 Deluxe rooms and all of them adjoin the room next door with a very thin wall/door in between. You will be able to hear EVERYTHING your neighbor does. My neighbor talked on the phone at a normal voice level, so not her fault at all, but it was like she was sitting in my lap. I didn't sleep a wink that night.

So, then, why the 5 star review? Well, when I complained about the room the next morning, they immediately upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. And that experience I think is emblematic of the service at this hotel. When I checked in, I was personally greeted (in English, I don't speak Italian) by all the staff and then given a tour of the hotel. The front desk guy himself took me to my room and showed me the bar and restaurant. He then made sure I had a place to eat that night.

The room I stayed in (not the Deluxe) was very comfortable with lots of amenities. And the location is great, just a short walk to the Colosseum. But to be honest, the room was so great that sometimes I just wanted to stay in the room and relax, so as a result saw less of Rome than I otherwise might have :-).

You will love staying at this hotel: Just don't book a Deluxe room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a "Deluxe" room as all of them have adjoining rooms with very poor sound...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marc M
New Jersey USA
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. It was our first time staying in Rome and the perfect Hotel for us newbie Rome travellers. The staff was great, very helpful and patient. While all the staff was excellent, Dario was the standout. He had great restaurant recommendations, all of which were walkable and really good. The location is great, convenient to many lanmarks and very safe. The rooms are large and trendy and the welcome bottle of Presecco was a great added touch. Check out the rooftop bar for a drink ( i say A drink because they are pretty expensive) and a great view of ST Peters. Def recommend.

Room Tip: Grab a salami, ricotta and arugula sandwich at the corner, great for a quick snack and goes great wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel in Rome. We found the rooms and the service better than similarly priced hotels in Rome. We truly can't wait for our next visit. The roof top bar area provides fabulous views of Rome as well as great food. Our room was large and very well appointed. The complementary bottle of Prosecco was as nice touch as well.

Stayed October 2013
Ontario
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Once you arrive on the heart of Rome you will realise why Rome is such a great city. Centrally located, the hotel is a gem. The service is second to none making reservations at local Trattatorias and making suggestions for tours. We were upgraded as we were celebrating a 50th birthday. A junior suite was wonderfully appointed and was the height of class. The staff were fantastic and made our stay memorable. Walkong distance to shopping, sight seeing and fine dinning. Stay here and let the staff treat you its more than worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple