“Food is not bad but to expensive for what you get.”
Review of Gusto Massimo

Gusto Massimo
Ranked #9,385 of 13,062 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Aventine
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were there in May 2014.

We were looking to grab a quick bite after visiting the Circus Maximus and we spotted this place near the metro station.

We just had a couple of sandwiches that we ate on the terrace.

The sandwiches were good and made with good quality ingredients, but they were a little expensive for their size!

The location was convenient, but there are better options to grab a quick bite in Rome.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The food is fine, service is Ok!
However, the guy at the counter is a crook. Tho he knows English he tends to trick you around. Twice he charged us extra for a beer and was arrogant when we asked why...
The waiters are overloaded with work. All in all a bad experience with the fat old guy (probably the owner) at the billing counter.

1  Thank Shashwat M
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I live near Gusto Massimo and stop in once in a while. Unfortunately, I have noticed that certain workers always overcharge me: they "mishear" my order; they charge relatively astronomical prices for some of their products; they add a random, unexplainable euro onto my bill. I called them out on it once and got my money back, but it still happens. So I will no longer go to Gusto Massimo, which is only mediocre in the first place.

Do yourself a favor and keep walking down Viale Aventino to Rosso or Paulette Bistrot where the food is higher quality and the workers are fair and honest.

2  Thank Shaddia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I entered to drink an Italian Coffee, and ended up having full lunch + much more.

The owners really know how to treat their customers. Free WiFi is very convenient especially if you just exit from the nearby subway.

This coffee shop is located just in front of the Circum Maximus, the horse riding roman stadium

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Convenient location, located across the street from the metro. Complicated price system but a good venue for lunch, ok value for a tourist location. The waitress was patient and we received good service when she attempted to explain the price system to me and my girlfriend.