“My first time to Europe, perfect hotel choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lunetta

Hotel Lunetta
Ranked #35 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Omaha
“My first time to Europe, perfect hotel choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Dear traveler:

I found Lunetta here on TA. I am 46 and up until April 9, 2012, was never outside the US, but have traveled extensively in the states, and research indicated that there are very different standards in hotel accommodations between the two continents. My trip originally had me staying 10 nights in Rome. I wanted a hotel close (walking distance) to the big cultural sites. I wanted something nice. I wanted to be close to restaurants and cafe's in one of the more popular neighborhoods. I got it all plus more than I expected from this beautifully renovated gem. Never being out of the US I was anxious as to what I might encounter. It is not a huge hotel. It is a european boutique. About 36 rooms (I think). The lobby is beautiful and you feel at peace once you come in from the nearby high energy Campo di Fiori. Just steps from the hotel are some of TA's top restauant locations, a few small grocery stores where you can pick up wine and food if you like. On arrival (9:30 a.m.) my room was not ready yet, but I expected that. I sat in the lobby and the manager on duty (Vittorio) sent me the most wonderful cappuccino I have ever had. Great espresso is an Italian civil right, I found during my stay.

The staff at Lunetta is very professional, all of them, made my stay very comfortable. My anxiety dissipated as I sipped the foam from my cup. About 45 min. later my room was ready. I stayed in room 108. See photos. It was spotless, the bed very comfortable, the flat screen got me to Sky news and CNBC just enough American TV to stay connected. My marble bathroom was luxurious, spotless, and the large soaking tub and oversized deluge shower head made me all the more happy to shower off the long plane ride. Also, the large spa tub in the lower level (which is something all guests need to experience) looks exactly like the photo on the TA site. Room 108 was very quiet as it is at the end of the wing. No noise from rooms above. Two large windows open (and I mean open all the way) to a little piazza that made for great relaxation time (drinking the 4, euro bottle of Chianti I bought down the street) looking out at the square. Also, Piazza Navona is about a five minute walk. I was in Rome to visit my daughter who is studying there. She stayed a night or two and since I booked a double the staff had no problem accommodating her. The breakfast each day was wonderful. Eggs, bacon, meats, cheese, chopped tomatoes, cereal, juice. It was by far the best hotel breakfast I have experienced. Hampton Inn this is not! The two breakfast rooms are small but well maintained during the meal and only once did I have to wait but for about 15 minutes, as a large family was eating together. I never left Lunetta hungry. My travel plans had changed since booking. My daughter and I made a side trip over the weekend of April 13, 14 & 15. So Lunetta staff worked with booking.com and got my booking modified. And I didn't have to pay for two hotel rooms over that weekend. Lunetta took very good care of me. So I returned bact to Lunetta for my last three nights in Rome. I left one of my bags at Lunetta over that weekend as I just wanted to travel with one carry on to Paris. On arrival back to Lunetta, on Monday April 16 around midnight. I found Stefano (night manager) waiting for me. He had my second bag already in the room, my check in was done in 30 seconds and I had my key. Though the bar was closed, but I asked if I could still get a Vodka rocks. Again I was not dissappointed as Stefano was happy to pour me a large American style Vodka rocks to soothe the travel anxiety. Thank you Stefano!

Also Thank You to; Vittorio, Carlo, Marco and Gabriel.

For the price I was very satisfied. Given the amount of time (and distance) I covered seeing a great deal of the cultural attractions, I eliminated (by virtue of Lunetta's location) a great deal of time that would have been spent getting around. Not to mention the cost of getting from a cheaper hotel to the centro. I put a value on that logistical issue, and Lunetta delivered.

I would stay there again, in a heartbeat.

Regards,

Ferdinando S.

Room Tip: The floors in the hallways and the steps are beautiful marble. So ask for a room at the end of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St Helens, Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel is tucked away by campo di fiori, in a great location for all things touristy the vatican is to your left when getting on to the main road, and the collesuem roughly to your right all be it a long walk. Piazzo Nova, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain are pleasant 20-30 min walk away. The hotel rooms, service and staff are all excellent, with good advice on what to do when out and about. The breakfasts were excellent, I have seen others comment about the breakfast rooms being cramped but deary me thats just knit-picking to be honest. My two best bits of advice for a trip to Rome is to get the Roma pass at the tourist information to que jump at some attractions and free use of the local transport and go to a gelato for some ice cream.

Room Tip: try and get a room away from the front of the hotel, should be more quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KK10
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Situation just off Campo de Fiori this hotel is the perfect location. It has been refurbished recently and the finish on the rooms is excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I have been to Rome previously and this hotel was much better.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Ascot, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We visited the Lunetta in October 2011, only a few months after its renovation had been completed. This was our first trip to Rome and we chose the hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews; and were very glad we did.

The Lunetta is a small hotel, perfectly located for most of the major sites, in a quiet piazza just off the Campo de Fiori; and is within a 20 minute walk of the Coloseum, Spanish steps and Vatican City. The standard of decor and fittings was high, although at the time of our visit the spa had not yet opened. This wasn’t of concern to us, although I would imagine that a quick dip in the pool would be welcome at the end of a long day sightseeing if visiting Rome during the summer months.

We stayed in one of the standard rooms which, although not huge, was more than adequate by European standards. The room and en-suite were, like the rest of the hotel, tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. The only down-side was a rather uninspiring view from our window into a closed courtyard – but otherwise no complaints.

At the top of the hotel there’s a small roof-terrace – we took a drink up with us to enjoy the last of the early evening sun prior to going out to dinner. Breakfast is provided in 2 rooms next to reception, and offered a good selection of both continental and cooked food.

There’s a very good restaurant immediately next door to the hotel – the “Hostaria Costanza”, which, like the hotel, is built into the remains of the original walls of the Teatro Pompeo. It’s well worth a visit – good quality unpretentious local fare. We e-mailed the hotel in advance of our stay and they booked us a table for our first night (as well as private transfers to and from the airport). The reception staff at the Lunetta were professional, helpful and courteous throughout.

A couple of other things: 1) October turned out to be an ideal month to visit Rome – temperatures still very warm (mid 20’s C during the day), without being uncomfortable. 2) We had read quite a few scare stories about pickpockets before we went – but to be honest, felt just as safe as we have in any other major European city. I think it’s just a case of being aware and taking sensible precautions.

We spent a packed 4 days in Rome – absolutely loved the city – and the Lunetta was a wonderful base to return to after a day slogging the streets. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ascotsquirrel
Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights during Easter week. The hotel is new and spotlessly clean. The rooms are well appointed and beds very comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke very good English. Breakfasts are good, but there is limited seating space so get there early or you'll have to wait. As one previous poster mentioned we did encounter some intermittent internet access but not so as to greatly inconvenience us. The hotel is perfectly located within walking instance of all the main tourist sites. A really nice boutique hotel that we'll stay in again next time we come to Rome.

Stayed April 2012
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

A party of seven of us arrived on Monday last for a four night stay. Admittedly it did not start promisingly being told that two of us had been over booked and we had to spend one night elsewhere which they arranged. It was a mistake but like all mistakes if handled skillfully a crisis is averted. We moved back in the next day and had an absolutely splendid time. The management couldn't do enough for our party. It is a clean stylish hotel, certainly the best we've stayed in, in Rome. Breakfasts are good and plentiful and the place runs like clockwork. It is perfectly situated for walking to all the major attractions. Wow! Quite a find.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is new (in 2011) and beautiful. Multiple rooftop gardens and a beautiful breakfast room and coffee bar. The rooms were modern and beautifully decorated. The bathrooms are very spacious especially by Rome standards. The location near Piazza Nuova is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and all spoke perfect English. Breakfast is included and very good, plenty of variety and very fresh. By far the best breakfast offered at any of the hotels we've stayed at in Europe. Unfortunately, their Internet did not work for our entire stay. But other than that we had a very nice stay. We would definitely stay there again with the hope that they do whatever is necessary to fix the Internet issues for us business travelers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business