“Last minute emergency trip”
Review of Hotel Lunetta

Hotel Lunetta
Ranked #33 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Rome
“Last minute emergency trip”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Lunetta after I missed my flight due to a strike which my hotel in Sorrento failed to mention as I was checking out. I booked a last minute set of rooms for me and my family. After an incredibly stressful and difficult day, I could not have been anymore pleasantly surprised. The staff at this hotel are AMAZING!!!! They were incredible in every way. After hearing about what had happened to me, the staff went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was pleasant and easy. The rooms were extremely clean and very nice. The location was terrific. I wish that I had been able to spend more than one night! I have recommended this hotel to everyone that I know and I definitely plan to make a return trip to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank T F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2012

First of all the staff were the best staff I have ever encountered in any hotel anywhere around the world. Carlo was kind and sweet but efficient. His mannerisms were wonderful. Our four night stay was made better by his knowledge of the hotel and it's workings. Always smiling and always willing to do whatever it took to make the guests happy. Marco was also exceptional! The breakfast staff were attentive but not overbearing. The bartender on the upper deck was fabulous and kind. Also the bellman were perfect. Whoever is on the cleaning staff should be given a raise the rooms were immaculate as well as the bathrooms.
Food: perfect! A good choice but the eggs should be kept hot.
Rooms: we had a deluxe and it was fine. The windows are great at keeping out any noise from below.We had booked this room because of the marble bathtub but it did not work and had to be manually drained.

Negatives: Internet was shaky and we had a difficult time with the password system they decided to implement halfway through our visit. It was quite annoying as we could not do business or chat with family not check into our airlines. But they said they are working on it and Carlo was more than happy to lend me ( at the desk) the hotel iPad to check in.
The spa was a mess. We booked especially because of the spa. It closed too early but that was ok beach use our first time was our last. The sauna was beyond hot. I have been using saunas since I was 12 and this was insane. The steam room smelled really bad. But the pool was the biggest disappointment of all. The water temp was great but when I put my foot on the bottom I slid because of the sludge on the bottom. It was just bad. Then I looked up and saw the mold. Loads of it. We left I reported the unclean pool and Carlo immediately got on the phone. I had no desire to go back.
Car service: ok, so we paid an extra 10. Euros for a car service with a driver. This was encouraged by the front desk. What a creepy and obnoxious driver. The car was old and beat up. The driver a complete idiot and dare I say A$$ hole. He refused to put the A.C. on. It was a 45 min drive from hell. The sweat was pouring off of us and we are not heavy people. He talked on the phone the whole time and we feared for our lives! He then rolled up our windows and kept his open a crack. When we reached the airport he tossed our bags on the side and never brought them to the curb! Do not use this service!! Use the white cabs. Yes they charge you per bag but they are good hard working people and they treat you well. I was disgusted that I had to pay this man 55 euros.
Bottom line it a nice hotel but it needs to work out a few kinks. I paid 600 American for the first night because it was a Saturday .Def. not worth it. But if that is what's available take it. The staff was the gem of this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellinChicks
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Lovely hotel in a quiet side-street just off the buzzy Campo dei Fiori in Rome. Perfectly located for easy walking to most of the major sites and surrounded by bars and restaurants for evening nightlife. Rooms are good, although the view from our room was of a scruffy internal courtyard, luckily shielded by heavy drapes. Dual sinks in the bathroom, and a powerful shower over the bath. Free wi-fi. Breakfast is lovely, but the breakfast room(s) are two small side rooms off the main entrance and can get busy, meaning you may have to wait to be seated at peak times. There is a roof terrace where they serve drinks and sometimes breakfast if the weather is good, with great views over the city. Spa in the basement, which we didn't have time to use, but which shows part of the original Roman walls and is worth a look.
The real bonus with this hotel is the Concierge service. We had wonderful recommendations from them for dinner, particularly one local restaurant (Ditirambo) which was real Italian food in a buzzy, busy dining room - great value and hardly a tourist in sight. A real local's place. They also managed to get us into one of Rome's top restaurants when I had tried, and failed, to do so from the UK. Top marks. It's not cheap, but then, where in Rome is.

1 Thank Huds1234
Ontario
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Hotel Lunetta is a quiet well situated hotel in Rome. Our room was a good size, with a lovely big bathroom. The hotel is extremely clean, stylish, and welcoming. The spa, set in in the ruins of the Teatro of Pompey, was stylish and designed with great sensitivity to its historical location. Breakfast was filling, much more than the usual continental offerings. The staff were extremely courteous, attentive and professional. This willl be our first choice for a hotel in Rome on our next visit - which will be our 7th to Rome.

2 Thank Jacken
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Our best experience in Italy was at this hotel. It has a very central location which makes walking around Rome very doable. We arrived early and they allowed us to leave our bags in their storage area until our room was ready. We were able to check in early which made it wonderful for us to freshen up after just arriving to Italy. The staff were very friendly and eager to help us if we had any questions. The hotel is very modern as it was recently opened in 2011.

Room:
Clean and very comfortable. The sheets and towels were extremely clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Our room was on the smaller side but I had no problems with it whatsoever. They provided nice slippers for us as well. The bathroom was very clean. The bathroom ceiling kept leaking water, which I assumed was from the air conditioner because it would stop once I turned the AC off.

Breakfast:
Not bad, but not great. It had a standard continental breakfast but had everything to get you started for your day. They even packed us a free breakfast the day we checked out as we had to leave at 6 AM. I have never had that type of service and I think they are the only ones in Rome or even Italy, that I have encountered with that type of service. The front desk staff clerk even went into the kitchen that morning and made me an espresso at 6AM before we left.

Location:
Central to everything. About 20 minutes to Vatican, 5-10 from Pantheon, 20 minutes to Colosseum, 15 minutes from Trevi Fountain. Safe area.

Overall:
Great place. Would definitely stay here again in Rome. Did not use public transportation at all over the 4 days we stayed here except for service from the airport and to the train station.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveldoc555
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel and it was really a awesome place to stay. The service was helpful and polite and everyone made sure you enjoyed your stay. We were luck to book a deluxe room and found it a nice size. The spa is nice, the decor is lovely. The breakfast is very good and bountiful. The location is simply perfect, around the corner from Campo de Fiori.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Well-located Rome hotels are pricey, but Hotel Lunetta with it's chic decor, comfortable rooms, big marble bathrooms, delicious breakfast and coffee bar delivers. Don't miss the hot tub in the basement spa!!

2 Thank pixiehermann