“Great location, nice hotel.”
Review of Hotel Lunetta

Hotel Lunetta
Ranked #32 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great location, nice hotel.”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed for four nights, second trip to Rome.
Location is superb, just off Campo de' Fiori. Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and Trastevere are less than 10 minutes walk. The Colosseum and Spanish Steps are around 20-25 minutes away but we walked everywhere. Taxi to and from Termini to the hotel is required but the location is worth it - allow 15 euro each way.
The room was functional and clean but nothing special. The lighting was a little dim; one of the lamps was broken and there was no plug socket for the standard lamp which may have helped! The size of the double deluxe room was reasonable but there was no real space for luggage storage and the wardrobe was tiny - 5 hangers. The bathroom was spacious and clean but the water was quite chilly. The WIFI didn't work well in our room; probably due to it's location at the back of the hotel and up some steps. The WIFI however worked well in reception areas so not really an issue. You do have to log in every time which is annoying.
The breakfast was nice but nothing special.
Overall, this is a good hotel but with no atmosphere and whilst the staff were courteous staff were not particularly helpful/approachable. I have travelled alot in Italy and I would say that this is a good hotel but for 300 plus euro per night I would expect a little more given experiences elsewhere. Need to iron out a few things in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravellingVegetarian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
N.Yorks
Reviewed 10 July 2012

What can I say, I am so glad I picked this hotel based on the glowing reviews from Trip Advisor!! Location, staff, room, breakfast all PERFECT! We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and we will return next time we're in Rome.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Lunetta. Friendly staff, nice rooms, great location. There were some minor annoyances but overall we were pleased.

Room:
The room was quite small and had no view (looked across a small alley to another room). This was the "superior room" so perhaps higher levels had it better. Nevertheless, the room had a nice size TV with many channels to choose from.

Even better was the Wifi service, it worked great! In fact it was one of the only places I've stayed where the wifi was good enough to conduct a video conference over the internet.

The room had a small desk, nightstands and wardrobe with a safe in it. It felt a little cramped but it wasn't a major problem.

The bathroom had a stall shower that was quite narrow but very useable with nice rain shower coming from the ceiling and a handheld sprayer as well.

Two things bothered us about the room. First, the door doesn't seem to have any soundproofing and you will hear people rolling luggage and closing doors outside in the hall. It was enough to wake us up several times.

Second, we seemed to have a few insect visitors in our bathroom daily. I found a few spiders, no big deal. However, one day we had a scorpion appear in the bathroom. Needless to say I was very worried about scorpions hitching a ride in my luggage after that.

Hotel/Lobby/Breakfast:
The lobby had some seating but not much. The roof had a small but nice bar area that was open in the afternoons for drinks. There wasn't much of a view unless you like looking at other rooftops but I think this is typical in most of Rome. The breakfast area was nice and we found the food to be pretty good, though honestly there are really great cafes right outside that have great food as well.

Service:
Service here was friendly and helpful most of the time, though we did have one front desk person tell us he didn't have any dinner recommendations for us when we asked, which was kind of odd.

Location:
The hotel is in a great spot. It's just off of a really nice sqaure (Campo de' Fiori) that has a daily fresh market and many nice places to have dinner or drinks at later at night. You can walk to many major attractions from the hotel, and it was also easy to grab a cab when needed from there as well.

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Lunetta is a beautifully designed hotel in a great, great location! The staff was professional and very courteous. The breakfast was excellent!! Prices were a bit higher but we booked last minute The rooms were a bit small for a four day stay -- but not smaller than other city central Rome hotels. I would stay there again!!

2 Thank Malcolm Y
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My wife and I were guests for 5 days/nights at Lunetta for our 10y anniversary trip. We spent 2 days/nights on front of our week stay and 3 days/nights on back of our stay with trip to Florence/Orvieto in between. We checked back in on our 10 year anniversary for our last 3 nights of the trip to find out that we were upgraded by some stroke of luck/hospitality. They helped arrange a surprise couples massage for us upon return to the hotel. Our spa experience was just ok as we were charged full couples massage despite not using jacuzzi following broken wine glass. The room upgrade helped us forget this though. The staff on site is awesome from the bellmen to reception to breakfast servers. The rooftop bar is a great way to start the evening. The hotel is modern, shiny and clean. It is around the corner from Campo D' Fiori if you want to hang with a younger scene at night while less than 5 min walk to artsy Piazza Navona. Trestavere is less than 10 min walk in one direction while Pantheon is as close the other. It is as central as you want to get while also being on a quieter little street. Big thanks to the staff there for assistance from initial reservations to check out. We can't wait to come back again. Tip...the Hotel hooked us up with a tour company called Eyes of Rome. Our private 3 hour Vatican tour with Katie was the most informative 3 hours of our trip to Italy. Definitely recommend if you don't mind paying a little more.

2 Thank David W
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My Husband and I stayed at Lunetta earlier this month and had a wonderful stay. I am sorry I can't remember the names of all the extremely helpful and courteous staff. Our favorite (probably because we got to know him best!) was the young man who tended the roof top bar -- As others have commented, its very close ( a short block) from Campo di Fiori, but tucked away a bit so there is no noise and hubbub, but you are within steps of lots of restaurants, metro line, bus stops, etc. It had the best breakfast buffet among the 4 hotels we stayed in during our trip because (although there may not have been the huge spread at some other places, everything was fresh, and of high quality, and sufficiently diverse; even the coffee Americano was made per cup and didn't sit in the pot somewhere. we got an on-the-fly- restaurant recommendation one light (for PierLuigi) was the best of our upper end meals of the entire trip. Its a small urban hotel -- don't expect any views, even from the roof top.

My only "critiques" (I don't want to call them criticisms) were (1) -- it was hot while we were there, and air conditioning was sufficient, but I would say barely by my U.S./Arizona standards (I like it really cold when I sleep -- I am of that certain age); (2) we are generally early birds, but the one morning we got a late start, it seemed like there might have been an issue with the quantity of hot water available; (3) the stall shower in the room we had was very small and there was no place to put soap or shampoo except the floor. I am normal weight and only 5"4" and it was so snug in there I could barely fit when I went bent/squatted. So after one use, I switched to the tub-shower. That was Ok but its very slick and they did not provide a rubber mat (noticed that only 2 of the 4 hotels we stayed in did so), so you need to be careful. (3) If you think you may use the pay per view while you are there, make sure you get someone to explain it when you check in or during the day when there are more staff around -- we wanted to watch something our last night and neither the gentleman at the desk or the (non-English speaking) night porter seemed to know how it worked.

1 Thank Mennolly
Rome
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Lunetta after I missed my flight due to a strike which my hotel in Sorrento failed to mention as I was checking out. I booked a last minute set of rooms for me and my family. After an incredibly stressful and difficult day, I could not have been anymore pleasantly surprised. The staff at this hotel are AMAZING!!!! They were incredible in every way. After hearing about what had happened to me, the staff went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was pleasant and easy. The rooms were extremely clean and very nice. The location was terrific. I wish that I had been able to spend more than one night! I have recommended this hotel to everyone that I know and I definitely plan to make a return trip to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank T F