“My favourite bar in Rome”
Review of Il Pasticciaccio

Il Pasticciaccio
Ranked #3,361 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: "Il Pasticciaccio Lounge Café", here you can find, among the many services offered: Tea Room, Snack bar, Happy Hour, Brunch, Restaurant, Cocktail Bar, Wine Tasting and much more! We are waiting on Via Merulana, 34 in Rome!"Il Pasticciaccio Lounge Café".
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I have lived in Rome for 7 years and for the first 5 I didn't have my "own" bar where the staff knew my name or knew what I wanted in the morning, then I found il Pasticcaccio and fell in love. The staff are always smiley and joke among themselves & it's the only place in Rome where if you ask for a "cappuccino speciale" you're never disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Il Pasticciaccio

Reviewed 20 February 2014

On a very junction, with some outside seating. The pasta we ordered was fine, but service a little slow.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Unlike previous reviewers my husband and I had no problems with the café using our B&B vouchers. We'd read trip advisor prior to arriving and were somewhat reticent about using these - two Scottish tourists turning up with pretty basic Italian not technically paying - but needn't have been worried. The staff treaded us no different to other customers and we enjoyed our morning coffee and pastries. Service was friendly and efficient. As an aside we popped in one evening for a drink on our way back to the hotel (not including in our vouchers) and received the same level of service whilst a more tradition "paying customer".

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We were ignored for a while once sat down, we ordered two pizzas and pasta for our one year old, had to initially chase her drink and then after waiting 40 mins wotha cring baby had to chase food too. Food, once it did srrive, was very ordinary. Cost 40euro for two pizzas, pasta and three drinks.

3  Thank Popgude
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I learned of Il Pasticciaccio from the B&B we stayed at just a block away. (mok'House). We were given voucher cards from the B&B for our breakfasts. Now imagine two Americans walking into a local kind of breakfast shop and handing them vouchers, basically announcing "Hey, we're not spending money here!" I was hesitant... needlessly so. The manager waited on us from behind the counter and could not have been nicer. He even gave us an item at no charge that the voucher did not cover,

The incredible selection of pastries was deliciously overwhelming. TOO MANY EYE-PLEASING CHOICES! We ate here four mornings with our vouchers and tried something different everyday and each one was great! We came back to Il Pasticciaccio two other times during our stay for a lunch and a snack, sat outside under the umbrellas, paid cash, and loved the paninis and the service.

This isn't a destination spot in Rome certainly, but if your hotel or your travels brings you nearby, absolutely stop in and enjoy! Its near Red Metro Stop Vittorio Emanuele and Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere.