“Best for crazy-flavours Gelato!”
Review of Mondi

Mondi
Ranked #75 of 341 Coffee & Tea in Rome
Cuisines: Deli, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2015

I'm lucky to go to Roma at least once a year to see family, and after trying a LOT, Mondi is still my top choice for Gelato! When you walk in, it's like an Aladdin's Cave of cabinets full of miniature finger foods, sweet and savoury... Miniature Panino, Chocolates, Cakes, Biscotti, and Baba! They are sold by weight, and quite pricey, though delicious the one time I tried a couple? The real Mondi is the ICE CREAM! They always have around thirty different flavours, a third of which being their own unique flavour combinations, such as Le Due Mondi, which contains Hazelnuts, Toffee, Espresso and Meringue pieces! As with most Gelateriei, these can be served in cups or cones, with at least two flavours even for a tiny cheap cup. Served with or without cream "con Panna?", and a wafer. Strangely, you have to pay to sit in it's café garden, so we always take it out to the street. Just eat it quick, as the ice cream is so smooth and creamy it begins to melt immediately! Eating it fast never seems to be a problem for us! ;-)

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

The gelato was nothing special -- I actually threw out my gelato because I could not taste the stracciatella. On top of that the staff all had rude attitudes and it seemed like there were a lot of rules... I got scolded for opening a fridge! Only plus was that they had mint chocolate flavours and their displays were nice to look at.

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

One of the best places to eat cakes and ice cream while in Rome!! The staff is nice and the large variety of cakes on display invites to come back again and again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Forget best gelato in Rome, it's the best I've ever had. When I was in Rome I made a daily trip to Mondi and although I never tried any of the food, the gelato was enough. It has a great atmosphere and is located in a great part of town with a very lively night life.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was born in the Ponte Milvio neighborhood in which I spent almost 30 years of my live before leaving for the US.
When I come back this is my first place I go with my wife. Quality quality quality, that is all is about in this business. Baristas have been working there for years, cornetti, ciambelle and pastries are top quality and you must go later in night to try the home made gelato.
Tell Maurizio I Sent you ! hahah