“grand style, something still missing”

Veneto Palace Hotel
Ranked #287 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights.Good location, comfortable to walk to city centre.

Design is great. The linen and towels smelling of vinegar spoiled all the experience. The rooms on the 1 floor are small compared to the higher floors so ask for 5/6 floor. Now the hotel is under reconstruction, so it is noisy.

The service was good, very helpfull.

The breakfast could be much better, it was poor compared to other 4 star hotels.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the 5/6 floors as they are bigger than on 1/2 floors. Higher floors do not have c...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JR98752

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Room was very clean and confortable.I stayed with my children.The location of the Hotel was perfect we were able to walk every were.The staff of the Front Desk was very helpful especialy this person GIANNI.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Beatriz M
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The taxi driver had no problem finding the hotel for us. We arrived an hour before check in and they already had our rooms ready. Everyone at the desk was plesant and very helpful.
Both of our rooms were a good size, especially compared to others we stayed in. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. We were on the second floor and there was a lift for the days of long walking around the city. The air conditioning was a welcome treat after the heat and humidity all day. The hotel isn't far from the metro if you prefer to get around that way. It is a great location and fairly easy to get to many sites. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank robrenee2000
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and had a great shower. I stayed here for 2 nights with my 3 children. We had two rooms across the hall from each other (not adjoining) I was OK with it since my children are young teenagers, but if they were younger I would not have been pleased. (I thought I was getting a room that would have fit all 4 of us). The staff was very friendly and the breakfast on the rooftop was great. Hotel Romantico is attached and it seems as though that is a little more updated, but overall it was a comfortable and clean stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PattiD553
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I stayed their on our honeymoon. We decided to upgrade our room to the suite with the jacuzzi and it was amazing. The room our clean and the staff was very honest. My wife left her pearl earing in our first room and it was returned promptly. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to most location within 15 to 20 minutes. The concierge were great. Especially Gianni and Piero. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine because they knew we just got married. The breakfast on the roof top was perfect. There is not enough good things i can say about this hotel and their staff, I would definitley stay their again and would recommend it to anyone that travels to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank greysquirl
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family checked into the Hotel for three days. We had connecting rooms since my children are young. The room are clean, and good shape and quality design. The staff is fantastic the concierge is the best i have ever encountered in the world - everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Very easy walk to Spanish steps 15 minutes,Villa Borghese is located a 5 minutes walk away.
Enjoy Rome at it's best.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mary j
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We arrived very late evening and were greeted and treated as if we were regulars / old friends. I give special good marks to the Concierge desk, everyone is so helpful thanks. Particularly to Gianni and Pietro were amazing. We'd recommend this hotel and would love to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple