“Really nice stay”

Grand Hotel Tiberio
Ranked #274 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel was really comfortable and reasonably priced. It was a little way out of the town, but soon found out there was a bus that stopped not far from the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Walls were a little thin, but didn't bother us. Would have been lovely to use the little balcony, but unfortunately the weather was not so accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Angelo C, Hotel Manager at Grand Hotel Tiberio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for staying at the Grand Hotel Tiberio and for your review.
We truly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

A city break in a perfect hotel. Although a bit further out then normally required, it was only 15 mins to the Vatican and 25 tops to the city centre. Very impressed with all the staff who couldn't offer anymore. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alun E
Angelo C, Hotel Manager at Grand Hotel Tiberio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for staying at the Grand Hotel Tiberio and for your review.
We truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward for your next Stay with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed on a long weekend, away with my gorgeous wife.
Only fault was that it was a little far out.
Perfect service, good food.
Excellent value for money.
Would recommend to anyone.
Ideal for business or pleasure.
Very handy shuttle bus service, also handy for local train service and local buses.
Buy tickets at all local shops.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grumpy040709

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Once arriving at hotel, We were checked in by a lovely man at reception, who gave us a map & explained were we was, Were to go for Metro or bus.

Room was Spacious & clean, Little bit noisy, But I blame it on the neighbours, Coz it was them who were being the noisy ones. Breakfast ideal! .. I would say the location is ok, But other may disagree.

Only problem I did have was when we were checking in, He took me bank details, Which I don't no why! .. And if we had a drink we had to pay on check out or at reception, so we left it until check out. We kept all our receipts. The total should of been 27Euros, But it came to 51Euros, They did not tell us we had to pay city tax!!! ... Surely they should tell you this when your checking in so you keep money back? luckily enough we did!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiverpoolHayley

Hi, as in most Hotels worldwide we ask credit card details upon check-in only as guarantee for incidentals, about the city tax, in every reservation is written about the city tax that must be paid in the Hotel directly upon check-out, to remind about it we have a big sign on the reception desk where you do the check-in that inform/remind Guests about the city tax in Rome. So I'm sorry if you did not know about it ... I understand that on vacation you are relaxed and don't read about information in the reservation and on the front desk.

We thank you very much for staying at the Grand Hotel Tiberio and for your review.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel which is not central because it was the only 4 star with a pool. I will post a picture of the pool which looks like it hasn't been used for years. No apology for this. We also had to complain about a transfer when a driver was due to collect us. He did not and when I complained we where left waiting for 45 mins the manager said I was a liar and I didn't book it. I was appalled to be spoke to in such a way. I will never stay there again....

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nikkiyjbl

Hi, I’m sorry if I laugh, but this review seems a joke to me … The pool is an outdoor pool and it is obvious that is not open yet as the pool is open only in summer time, and here is not summer yet, so obviously all the area is closed and not prepared, the pool is covered and has been closed since last summer … will be open next summer, in Italy summer starts in June.
About the transfer, as the Guest is anonymous, I can’ t investigate about what happened, but it is sure that we don’t call liar our Guests and people in general, if there was a transfer reservation for sure there was a voucher, an email, something that would confirm it … and if there wasn’t we would arrange it and explain to the Guest with nice words if there was o there wasn’t a reservation.
Thanks to all of You are reading my comment.
I wish you a Great Vacation !

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a couples break before heading to Venice. The hotel is better than basic, but is looking a little tired. Rooms are large but shower pressure was very low. Breakfast was good. I would give this a 3 star hotel but my new wife says 2, so I'm being forced to agree with her.

2  Thank Remix_Travel

Dear Guests,
I’m sorry that you judge our Hotel not a 4 stars, fortunately for us, based on all our reviews, there is 463 Guests who have stayed here and recommend us as a 4 stars hotel, the hotel is “not tired”, it is asking for more Guests to Host, we Love to Host people and we get “never tired” … I hope that you are going to be our next Guest.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed in the hotel for three days and staff are all so good. Impressive lounge/reception. The place is very accessible to the metro and bus.....shuttle service was really good, though one need to book it in advance so you could fully avail of its service. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast, superb, could not ask for more! Thank you..Mr and mrs Ventura :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miriam19_2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for staying at the Grand Hotel Tiberio and for your review.
We truly appreciate your feedback..