“A great hostel!”

Ranked #34 of 1,121 Speciality Lodging in Rome
London, England, United Kingdom
“A great hostel!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

A great hostel, very keen, lovely staff, good facilities and a great location. The breakfast could be better but other than that its pretty much spot on. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a private room with a bathroom for 5 nights. It was a great decision. The staff is friendly and inviting, the room was much nicer than I expected and very clean, and they have free wifi. The only change I'd like to see is if they'd put the wifi on every floor, but walking up some stairs or taking the elevator is well worth it. The breakfast is simple, but again it's free. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hostel is located on two separate floors in the building. The 3rd floor has wifi, the 1st floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cyrswvr
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed just one night on an extended layover through Rome. My favorite part about this hostel was all the great people I met. It's a small hostel, which I think lends itself well to making it easy to meet and talk to people. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though they're not there 24 hours.

The breakfast in the morning was perfectly fine, nothing special. I thought the bathroom situation was a little odd. I was in a 4 bed dorm that had one bathroom outside, while all the other rooms in the hostel had a bathroom ensuite. I would have rather had shared bathrooms for everyone, so that if one's full there's another one available for use. And the bathroom was quite small, but I took an okay shower in there, so it wasn't too bad.

The beds weren't all that comfortable, but they could've been worse.

The location of the hostel is good, easy walk to the spanish steps, trevi fountain and villa borghese. I would definitely stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Good hostel near the Villa Borghese, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps. About a ten minute stroll from the central train station. Rooms were kept very clean. Two solid-sided lockers were provided per bed that were big enough for medium-size luggage. Security in the area was good due to the location near the US embassy.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Where ever the wind takes me
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hostel is awesome. Great staff and you meet some really nice people. This hostel is not big, but it is not slow either. Just right! Facilities are clean and close to everything.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Lompoc, California
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stayed here for three nights after dis-embarking on a Pacific Princess Holy Land Cruise. We took the train from the port (about an hour ride) to the main station in Rome. The hostel was within walking distance but was a good 15-20 minute walk pulling the suitcases.

We were three adults (hubby, wife, and brother-in-law). We booked a three person room with shared bath (ensuites were already booked). We had one bunk bed and a single bed. There were lockers in the room to use if desired. We stayed two nights.

The hostel is located on the third floor and there is an elevator to take our things upstairs. This elevator was pretty neat... the antiquated style where you have to open the doors yourself - just don't forget to close the doors when you exit or the elevator won't leave that floor and others will not be pleased with you.... There is a nice common and kitchen area to enjoy. Breakfast consisted of bread, juice, and coffee.

The area is within walking distance to the Colosseum, Tivoli Square, etc. The Vatican is far enough away that it's better to use the public transportation. Depending on how long you will be there, you can purchase a single-multiple day transit pass. If you plan to do the Vatican City tour, you can save A LOT of time in line by purchasing your tour tickets on line, even in off season!

The staff there is friendly and helpful. We had to make arrangements to get to the airport, but with three of us sharing the cab fare, it made sense to take the taxi. The night lady (sorry, forgot your name) told us how the morning staff could call the taxi for us. She also had 'breakfast' set up so the morning staff could get it out quicker as our taxi would be picking us up a few minutes after breakfast would have started. That was nice of her :)

We had to make our own beds here, and there was a charge for use of a towel.

Cons... mosquitos! We left our windows open and at night while we slept, we were bitten several times. Hubby got up in the middle of the night with the towel whacking away and killed about six of them... now we understood why there were little black marks scattered around the walls when we arrived LOL Bring bug repellent and itch cream just in case.

We would definitely return to this hostel!!!!

Room Tip: Keep the windows closed from dusk to morning.... mosquitos will sneak in otherwise
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank 24Trvln
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I loved this hostel. The staff were super friendly and the type of people that were there during my stay were in their 20's and 30's and down to earth. Not a party hostel, but the common area was nice (a bit small) - it was nice as a solo traveller to meet people during breakfast (which is provided) or in the evening. There is a big TV and computers which were $2 or $4 per hour I think. There was never a line for the computers.

The hostel was nicely decorated with great paint colours and modern features. Bathrooms were modern and nice and the hostel was clean. I am pretty picky about cleanliness, so from my perspective this hostel was good for that in comparison to many others I stayed in during my Europe trip. I stayed in 11 hostels during my trip and this was my favourite.

The location was not too central, but Rome is fairly spread out as it is, so you have to take the underground train to get to the central part of Rome. But no matter where you stay in Rome, you will have to do a ton of walking to see the sites you wanna see, so in my opinion it makes no difference. There were lots of stores near this hostel and nice bakeries, so it was nice to go for a walk in the evening and check out the area, but in Rome, many stores (including grocery) close at 8 I think. Get your groceries early. And the hostel is a good 10 minute walk from the train station. A lot of people got lost finding it, but it is actually very simple - just up one main road from the train and then a right turn. From the hostel, you can walk to The Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon (right beside the Trevi), and take a bit of a longer walk to the Spanish Steps and the expensive Couture stores like Prada & Gucci.

(a couple tips for Rome: try very hard not to get scammed into unknowingly having to pay 9 Euro's for a gelato, they seem to prey on tourists. Always pay before you take the product from them - often "sitting down" in the cafe or restaurant results in more than triple the cost for your food. Also, if you are going to buy a ticket for the Coleseum and the Roman Forum combined... be aware that the Roman Forum is a spread out walking path that takes forever to get through (I think it took me 3 hours and I am in shape, and was on my own). You will need water b/c it is so hot and there is minimal shade... or you will be suffering at the end.)

Room Tip: There was a/c in each room that could be controlled by the people in the room. There were bunk beds...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo