“Superb”

Ranked #77 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Amazing service from these guys and based right in the heart of Rome.

A little difficult to find at first, but once you find it you wont be dissapointed. A beautiful building on a quiet road just off everything you want to see.

The best thing about the hotel is the service you recieve. The guys speak perfect engish and are more than happy to find ot what you came to Rome for and give some tips on where to go, where not to waste your time and point you in the right direction.

Thanks for a lovely time.

2 Thank Simon86_12
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
The Hotel door is in the heart of De Monti district and our entrance is right on street.

Thaking you for writing these beautiful words, we are glad to know that you really appreciated our service, for us it is always a pleasure to let the people enjoy Rome at its best.

We hug you and we hope you will be with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hi,
I can't find the right words to describe our Incredibly Fantastic experience in De Monti and that's not because I'm not a native English speaker but because Excellent, Great, Fantastic, etc are not good enough: I need more grateful words.

De Monti is more and much better of what they say in their Web site. Alessandro (the owner) does not run a hotel business: De Monti Hotel is his Proud and you are not his customer but his Guest or even better his Friend in the end, cos that's how we felt after all the nice touches he had with us, The last one when we were in a taxi (that he kindly ordered for us) on our way to the airport and we saw him in his window waiting for us to say, again, a true good bye with his hands and smile.

De Monti in a nut shell:
Cleanest rooms you will ever find in Rome (and many other places)
Best Location: everything is at a walking distance! we took the tube only once for the Vatican and because we had a very early entry booked in advance.
Friendliest people you will ever find: Alessandro and anybody else you will meet at De Monti are truly and extremely friendly, not a false smile cos you are a customer: they really treat you as their guest and their pride is helping you and making you feel better than at home!
Great Room: modern, clean, functional, complete...You will miss nothing in that room. It's a very ancient building (love that taste, it's Rome!) but the room is modern, renovated, air conditioned, double glazed (I'm sure I couldn't hear the end of the world from my room!)...
WiFi: Internet is really fast, reliable and Free!
Advise from a Friend: That's what you will get at De Monti: they advise you on any and everything. It's not "touristic" advise: it's the kind of advise I would give to a friend visiting my home town, and that's because Alessandro considers you his friend not his paying customer. I will not disclose here what he told us in order to not ruin the surprise but his many advises were great to let us enjoy, feel and love Rome (and save lots of money!), from the very basics to all the secret lovely restaurants all around the city to enjoy true Roman food at reasonable prices.
Too good to be true? NO. remember De Monti has only 7 rooms (and we met 4 people including Alessandro!) so any nice and friendly touch is a true one, something you couldn't really do if you had a bigger hotel. For example we even talked about music and he told me about some songs from "Genesis" related to where we live in London that I had no idea of! :-)

I do not usually post reviews unless my experience has been extreme, good or bad. De Monti is the winner of my loving reviews.

I work for a big American SW company and I travel a lot around Europe and sometimes the US on business trips; and all around the world for pleasure. My wife loves traveling and I do love my wife.
When at business I always stay in expensive (my company pays) but impersonal hotels I would never choose for my holidays. When we are on holidays we want to be treated as persons not as "paying customers to be smiled at", we enjoy places with taste, special things and people proud of their house. That's how you come to really know, feel, enjoy and love places.

Many thanks for 4 incredible days!

Felipe and Maria, Spanish people living in London.

Room Tip: Any room will be a pleasure.
4 Thank Felipe G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night only, it was chosen for its location and other positive reviews. We found the building very easily and it was only about ten minutes walk from Termini Station. After climbing quite a few stairs (which you are warned about beforehand), we received a warm and friendly welcome from the owner. He gave us tips on what to see and of good restaurants, one of which we tried and had a very good meal. It is in an excellent location for all the major sites, we were able to walk everywhere, no public transport needed. The room was immaculate and the beds very comfortable. A lovely spacious bathroom, spotlessly clean and a very good shower. The breakfast was ok, (juice, croissants, coffee etc.), you ordered it the night before and it was brought to your room in the morning. Would highly recommend for its location and comfort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Teresa H
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you very much!

It is true that our Hotel is not more than 15-20 minutes walking from all the most importan highlights here in Rome and, of course, we are always glad to show you how and where to find the best atmosphere in everywhere.

For the next time, we hope that you will stay more than 1 nights, in order to let you find other nice surprises!

All the best
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Location, location, location.....

Planning our 3 day stay meant taking the area into consideration and previous reports led us to this hotel. Great choice and we will return on a future trip. Centrally located and very, very safe for all of the touristy bits but alongside that the indepth knowledge and snippets shared by the staff about where to visit and where to eat - priceless!

Excellent bars, restaurants and shops in the area and very good value when you ask the hotel for assistance with your plans. Breakfast just right to start the day before setting off to explore.

If you want a chinzy hotel with lots of public spaces, a dining room etc to socilaise with other guests, then Hotel de Monti is not for you - better pay double the rate and get another hotel to suit your needs. If you're after a taste of the local scene in Rome with a spotless room and extraordinary local insights then this is the place for you.

4 Thank yorksierose14
This is an awesome review! Thanks!

Ou rooms are pretty spacious, but our real strenght is the way how we could let the people enjoy Rome!

...and we hope to do it once again when you will be back in Rome!

A hug
Reviewed 13 April 2012

From the website photos and reviews I found here, I was expecting a little more. Unfotunately this is not a quaint boutique hotel but a series of rooms on the third floor of an apartment building. Yes there are no signs so locating it is a bit of a challenge. The room was clean but a lot smaller than expected. In my opinion the room was overpriced for its size, location and amenities. Also beware if your on the road side of the hotel the traffic noise will be bad due to the cobbled stone road.

9 Thank JulesandDunc
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
I first of all want to thank you for sharing this information with the world and am happy you have enjoyed our room and its cleanliness.

We have never defined ourselves a boutique hotel nor anyone has never written it: ours is a small hotel where service is handcrafted for each guest and it seems like most of the people fall in love with it.

All of our rooms are 17 squared meters, including the bathroom which are considered to be spacious for Rome's standard, as you can read on other guest's reviews.

Our favourite future guests are the ones who read feedbacks and not only watch pictures and ratings. Our favourite guests are those who walk around and discover the way Rome is through our suggestions.

If you plan to spend a night in Rome without even stepping out from your room you may not like our little hotel. And we may consider you boring.

Talking about you Mr Duncan, should like to spend some more days in Rome, please contact us and you will see that, with a longer stay (and a slight discount we provide to returning guests), you will consider differently our service, our small hotel and the city of Rome (it still deserves more than one night sleep!).
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Okay - it's 3rd floor & no elevator, but you need to have good legs for Rome anyway. This is a great hotel, shiny clean, modern. The people are friendly, helpful, funny & of course multilingual. Even the room we had on the street was quiet. Stay here before the prices go up!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank awbenney
uk
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, I booked mainly due to the price and location, and wasn't expecting too much, whilst I can't say was luxurious, the hotel was spotless clean, in a fantastic location and I cant rate the staff enough. I was initially concerned as our taxi couldn't find the hotel and it is difficult to find initially, but once found ( the man on reception came out onto the street after taxi driver called him), I was impressed, staff were very friendly, gave us invaluable advice on where to go to avoid queues, recommended excellent (and reasonable) restaurants to eat etc, and generally made our short stay very enjoyable.
It is a 5-10 min walk from Palatine Hill, Forum, Colleseum etc, 10-15 toTrevi Fountain, about 20-25 mins to Panthenon, and probably about 40-50 min (leisurely stroll) to Vatican, so if reasonably fit no need for taxi/public transport.

The room was simply furnished, and breakfast was brought to your room in a morning on a tray (toast croissants/yoghurt, coffee etc), there are no communal areas such as breakfast room or bar etc, so if these are the things you want from a hotel, then this is not for you, but if you want a clean, welcoming and friendly place (with comfortable beds) to rest your head after walking around the city, then I can't recommend Hotel de Monti enough.