“disapponted”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I went there for new' s year eve so i may say this review does not reflect the real standard of the place.I have been advised to go there by roman friends so i was ready to spend a bit more expecting good food .The only good plate was my pasta cacio pepe,the rest of the course were reheated...and nothing special for the price.Not worth it.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We (4 people) had dinner at Capodanno. It begunn quite good - we got our wine and antipasti served. Than the restaurant was quite full and the chaos in service was quite visible. Waiter was asked for another wine bottle and came after 20 minutes to ask, which one we ordered.
They forgot primi piati for one of us. Everything in service was very chaotic, but food quality was very good.
Recommended, if you have a lot of time

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

The food and service was average, water from open bottle was charged 2.5 eu
White Home wine was good

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As an american, it's difficult to get used to the idea that in Italy (or all of Europe), you only leave a tip if you are really impressed and 1 or 2 euro per person is the going rate. Our waiter was very cordial and pleasant to talk to. He got our jokes and even brought a few to the table himself. The food he brought was also excellent. Our friend who brought us was able to eat gluten free while I had the spinach ricotta ravioli and shared a cacio e pepe spaghetti. Wine, cheese, meats and dessert were all satisfying and although we paid a hefty price (~50 USD per person), I still wanted to leave a tip. Just to be clear, the osteria is on a smaller street on the backside of the building from the wine bar.

1  Thank Mycelium
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stubbled across this place whilst my boyfriend were looking for somewhere to wmeat after a long days sightseeing. Looked pleasant enough from te outside and it wasnt too busy. As it was a nice evening, we decided to sit outside (table was quite small and not much leg room, but did the job). We werent overly hungry so just ordered mains of grilled swordfish and a side of green beans/black olives for me and my boyfriend had veal rolls with a side of roast potatoes. All of the food was delicious and surprisingly filling even though we didnt initially bmkqkwbdseen to have that much on our plates! :D For dessert, I had a panacotta with forest fruits and my bf had a ricotta and blackberry tartlet , again both delicious! Can not fault the food at all and definitely worth paying a little extra than usual for. They thing I could fault was that the local beer they served which wasn't particularly the best and service charge was a little high too at 15%.