“From someone who knows Rome, book this venue!!”
Review of St. John's Terrace

St. John's Terrace
Ranked #144 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What an amazing Valentine's Day cum long weekend. My partner had never been to Rome before though I have, numerous times (I'm hoping I'll stumble across a job I can leave policing in London for!) Safe to say she will definitely return, due in no small measure to the nature of where we stayed. Been pretty lucky every time with accommodation but we really hit the jackpot this time. We were getting a little stressed in a cab en route to SJT because we were getting quite late for the time we had arranged to meet Giorgio. He could not have been more welcoming and, as soon as our bags were down, had cups of Italian coffee served up and a large city map, which he orientated us around - where to eat locally, feasible walks, those requiring transport and his own recommendations (definitely worth listening to). The B&B is in easy reach of the central historial attractions and was ideal for getting to the Via Appia Antica, where we wanted to hire bikes one sunny morning.

Giorgio runs the venue with his brother, alternating in 3 weeks stints I think, and both have stepped aside from other professions. I didn't meet Marco but can only assume he's every bit as charming. The venue itself is finished to a really beautiful standard and is very newly refurbished: clean, modern, elegant, and the pastries he ships in from a nearby bakery every morning are just what you need before a day of walking and sightseeing.

In short, we can't recommend this place highly enough. I only hope the pair manage to branch out and set down their standards in other parts of the city. Grazie Giorgio! Mark and Rachael

Room Tip: From what I could see, all the rooms on the 7th floor, which is where SJT is, all face the sun in th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
STJStaff, Direttore at St. John's Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Goodmorning! It is always nice to hear beautiful words about us! Loooking forward to meeting you in the future!

There are newer reviews for St. John's Terrace

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very happy 3 day stay at the St John's Terrace. Although technically a B&B most hotels would struggle to match the quality of the room or the warmth of the welcome from Giorgio and his team. The location although slightly out of the centre, was actually perfect with it being situated on the A line metro and also on the 87 bus route which stopped just outside and took us to most of the key sites across the city. (Thanks for that top tip Giorgio!) The breakfast served on the rooftop terrace was also faultless and included some very tasty pastries and excellent espresso coffee. Next time we come to Rome we'll definitely be returning to this little gem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Giorgio met us late upon arrival at the hotel and could not have been a better host. The room was spacious and delightfu, breakfast was simple but lovely every morning and on the second night we had a complimentary bottle of prosecco waiting for us in our room.

The location is walking distance to the Colesseum and very close to the metro station. We were extremely happy with our choice of hotel and would definitely reccommend staying at the Terrace.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
STJStaff, Direttore generale at St. John's Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello guys! Thank you so much for your great review! I really hope to meet you again here in St. John's! Please contact me in case you need one more reservation ;) Have a great day! Giorgio

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights in January at Marco's BnB. Modern BnB at the top of a typical italian block, 10-15mn walk from the Coliseum and right by a metro station. Marco could not have greeted us better, especially so late, providing a map of Rome and many tips on what to see in 48h and his favourite restaurants in the neighborhood. The room was great and came with an off-suite bathroom. Breakfast was simple, as you would have it in Italy (and to leave space for all the pasta/pizza you will eat later that day) inc fresh cappucchino, tea, pastries, bread butter and jam, cereal and orange juice. The terrace is great as well. All in all, nothing negative to stay, we had a lovely time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
STJStaff, Proprietario at St. John's Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hi Sophie! Thank you so much to have been here and for your great review! I really hope to meet you again. Please feel free to contact me if you or your friends are visiting Rome I can apply a discount !
Ciao!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel prices for Rome seemed quite dear so I was relieved to find this affordable guesthouse. I couldn't have expected our 7 night stay to be as lovely as it was. We were met by Marco who gave us a little talk on the city and was always ready to help out with things like booking museum reservations. The room was beautiful and spacious. Daily breakfast was delicious, with fresh pastries. Complimentary drinks, coffee, tea always available. A 5 minute walk from San Giovanni metro station, it is within easy reach of all the sights. The whole package is great, I really can't speak highly enough of the place. I hope to return some day myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were in Rome for 3 days. We decided to go to the St. John's Terrace because of the evaluation found in TripAdvisor.
Th experience was even better than expected. Rooms are clean, confortable and extremely nice. My job requires to travel frequently, I have to admit that 4 stars hotel do not reach this quality.

The location is close to the metro station and the people are friendly.
The one think that could be better is the cappuccino machine, but witing for a cappuccino on the terrace was still great

Room Tip: The 3rd room APT if you want to stay a little longer and have dinner "home"
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Volagratis
1  Thank MAJ021603
STJStaff, Proprietario at St. John's Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
It has been a pleasure to meet all you beautiful family!
I wish to meet all of you here again.
Call me in advance in case we have some discount.
My very best regards

Giorgio

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Our 4 night stay at the St John's Terrace B&B was great from start to finish. Beautiful room, lovely communal terrace (where breakfast is served), access to complimentary refreshments throughout the stay all combined to make this a really relaxing stay. Staff were fantastic - the owners took the time to talk us through a map of Rome, provided really helpful transport advice and recommended some great restaurants which we visited and couldn't fault. All in all a brilliant B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for this great review!
Guys, it has been a pleasure to meet you here and this kind of feedback make our job nicer!
In case you'd like to come back please call me maybe we have some discount available!

My very best regards.