Hotel Residenza In Farnese
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Ponte Sisto(Rome)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
Sanzio(Rome)
View Hotel
All reviewsfrench embassygreat locationquiet streetpiazza navonawithin walking distancehard boiled eggsbreakfast roomcomfortable hoteltiber riverside streetpastriesroof terracecentral romesmall hotelshort walkwould stay here againrestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I searched high and low looking for hotels in Rome, but for the price and location I know I made a great choice here. The hotel is by the river and within 10-15 mins walk of the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. It's set just off a quiet Piazza, but within 30 seconds walk from the lively Campo di Fiori, by day a bustling market square and by night a vibrant setting full of bars, restaurants and entertainers.

The hotel itself is understated from the outside, but clean and tastefully decorated on the inside. When booking online I was pulled in by pictures of the traditional style and damask décor adorning the large rooms. However, as we booked a (relatively) cheap room from a comparison site, I was a little disappointed as it was much smaller than the ones shown on the photos. On the plus side, it was very clean, maid service, a fresh assortment of toiletries every day and a mini bar with reasonably priced snacks and drinks.

Over all this is a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay close to the sites, but in a quieter location. We had a great time here and look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraBurgess
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The hotel is in a really peaceful area of the city but within walking distance to all the top sights. There are plenty of restaurants in nearby Piazza de Farnese & Campo de' Fiori but just a 5 min walk across the river takes you to the lively area of Trastevere. Our hotel room was rather dated with flock wallpaper even on the bathroom door! However, you can't beat the tranquillity of the area and the services were more than adequate - clean bathroom, comfy bed (with 2 pillows each, quite rare in Italy!) toiletries and a pleasant enough breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as we thought is was really good value for money.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor which would have less noise coming from a/c units
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great location. Professional and helpfull staff. A good breakfast. The staff gave me god advises about restaurants and sights. The price was reasonable and fair. Do not go to this hotel with a car - there is no parking in the area .

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank natanisrael
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had three rooms here for one night, after cruise. Good location close to Piazza de Fornese with active nightlife and many pizzeria and gelati choices. Rooms large by big city standards. Solid breakfast with many choices. My only complaint was that as the organizer of the trip, all rooms booked under my name, I was given the smallest room with no view. Companions received jr. Suite and other room had nice view. We got alley view and smallest room! Many thought the beds uncomfortable as they were basically well padded box springs but I slept we'll.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I love the location and I wanted to love the hotel too. It was serviceable, however...The first room we were given had a terrible smell in the bathroom and the shower did not work-no water! The second room was smaller, the bathroom was nice, but the AC made a terrible rattling noise and we opted to open the window, which was fine despite some street noise from late-night walkers. The breakfast was a disappointment. The coffee was terrible and the pastries pretty low quality (hard to imagine given the surrounding area's abundance of great pastries and coffee!).
Great location however, really well-situated.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family