“Reasonably priced hotel in a perfect location”

Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre
Ranked #175 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 March 2014

If you were asked for the perfect location for a hotel in Rome, you might well say "near the Colosseum" - and that's exactly where this hotel is located. My room did not have a view of the famous monument, but rooms at the front may well have. Moreover, it's near many of Rome's other top sights too, and just a couple of hundred metres from a subway station (Colosseo, blue line). The rooms are modern with imaginative and pleasant décor, although the shower in the room, rather than in the bathroom, is a little disconcerting. Helpful personnel too. And with all that, the prices are lower than you might expect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kindziara
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your experience and leaving a review about your stay at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel.

I thank you for the kind words about our staff and I really look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here with my partner as a 50th birthday treat. Booked a room with a view over the Colosseum, with a champagne welcome. The view was there, which was absolutely wonderful, but the champagne wasn't. Making an excuse to nip down to reception I was able to remind them about the champagne, for which the staff were very apologetic, and it later arrived on schedule. We did however arrive a little bit early than the usual check in time of 2pm so this might have been the reason why.
The hotel is modern and stylish, and the staff are very polite and helpful. Wonderful breakfast buffet with plenty to choose from.
It is conveniently located 5-10 minutes walk from Colosseo metro station, and there were lots of buses to be able to get around the city easily. If you are heading for a few museums definitely get the Roma Pass as all the central public transport is included €34 for 3 days.
A warning about Rome in general - pickpockets. Keep all your valuables in your hand or out of sight. I had a Samsung Tablet stolen out of a small zipped up bag near The Forum, they were incredibly nimble fingered. The hotel staff were so helpful and did what they could. If you have anything stolen make sure you report it to the Police immediately, or at the airport on your return leg otherwise the insurance people will not pay out. The hotel staff will advise you where to go.
I would definitely use this hotel again, and especially want to come when it's warmer so we can use the pool on the roof.Thank you Mercure.

Room Tip: When booking pay the extra for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your stay at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the marvelous view of the Coliseum. I apologize about the champagne inconvenient, in fact it as due to the early arrival, our staff did not want you to wait any longer for your room but missed the delivery. I am grateful for the kind words about our staff and the breakfast.

I am sorry you had such a negative experience in the City and had having your tablet stolen, unfortunately, like other major city in Europe, it is wise to carefully keep your item close in crowded places.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was a great base for seeing all the aiccient sights.the hotel room was lovely everything was perfect.The hotel staff were very friendily and helpful.I would have no problem staying their again and would recermond it to other friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

My staff and I are very grateful for the kind words of appreciation. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and the location.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hotel was our base for exploring Rome but also for relaxing by the rooftop pool.

Hotel rooms were nice, mordern and clean with a breakfast serving great coffee and a good selection of food.

The hotel is close to the Colessium however we did find it to be quite a walk to the shops and markets. However taxis are relatively cheap and easy to come by.

The rooftop pool is really nice, good bar and food

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

I am glad you appreciated your stay last summer and managed to enjoy our beautiful terrace bar and the swimming pool.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Conveniently located just 5 minutes walk form the Colosseum the location is the best attribute of this Mercure hotel. The experience from arrival outside to entering the reception is functional. Check in was one of the fastest I have experienced ( great ! ). My room on the fourth floor was compact but clean and comfortable and had a view of the Colosseum which looked great lit up at night. Breakfast in the breakfast room on the ground floor was very good buffet style but was not included in my room price. A good choice for a functional stay on business near the center of Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Colosseum. 4th floor level worked well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving this review about your stay in our hotel.

I am very glad you enjoyed the location and the beautiful view of the Coliseum. I am happy to read you also appreciated the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Check out from this hotel this afternoon. In all the rush, I have left my jacket inside the locker jacket. To my horror when I check back with the hotel reception;they told me the jacket was not there. I have been to many hotels ,this is the first time I had experience this. Surely they can check with the house keeping but the jacket was nowhere to be found. I thought honesty is the best policy but not here in this hotel.At least in my experience. To all traveler, its up to you to decide. But never ever I will come to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank billy90syd
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review about your stay in our hotel.

I respect everyone’s opinion, this is why we answer every single review no matter what kind of comments are made, but when making this sort of accuses it would be fair to explain clearly the circumstances things actually happen.

The day of check out you came to the reception asking if a jacket had been found, and you said you had no idea where you left it, as It could have been the rooms as any public area of the hotel.
Our staff did not have anything reported found in your room that day, and I can assure you we take great care of lost and found items of our Guest, we have never had issues about it in the past.

I am sorry about your jacket but our staff can not be considered responsible and can not be blamed for item left unattended in any public area of the hotel.

As already expressed in our Guest satisfaction survey I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

A small but modern and clean hotel minutes walk from the Colosseum. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was a selection of breads, some fruit and eggs and bacon, Coffee was self service from a machine but quite nice.
Only minor issue/oddity was the shower was next to the bed, whilst the toilet and sink were on the other side of the room. The room was small but modern and well kept but the position of the shower was odd and was the only let down.
Also the WFIF was on 12 hour codes which was annoying and wasn't all that fast on the 7th floor. But for location and cleanliness was great.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a shower in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Laura A, General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and write this review about your stay at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

I am glad you enjoyed the location and the breakfast. I am sorry you found uncomfortable the design of that shower, I am sure if you asked the Reception staff they would have certainly given you another room. I would also like to thank you for the positive feed-back about our staff and the cleaning.

I realyl look forward to welcoming you again at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.