“New and clean hotel at perfect location”

Ranked #177 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
“New and clean hotel at perfect location”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The location is perfect - 5 minutes walk from Colloseum and the metro. The bus lines near the hotel are very frequent and are going to nearly every sightseeing location (including Vatican), so you might not even need a metro.
The staff was friendly, the breakfast is very good. Wi-fi is free (though unstable), ask the reception for the password. Rooms are clean and new but really tiny. We tried to order room service several times, but the bar never picked up the phone although it was between the declared open hours.
Bottom line: if your plan is being outside most of the day and just having a nice breakfast and a good sleep while you're in the hotel - this is definitely a place to go.

1 Thank shashusha
Giuseppe F, Room Division Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre.

I am very grateful for the kind words toward our staf, I am sorry none picked up your call, sometimes our terrace bar gets quite busy. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Rome.

Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and am surprised about some of the negative comments. True, the rooms are on the smaller side and there is a busy street right in front. But it is hard to beat the location and I really liked that the bus station was right in front of the hotel. It was easy to get to all the sights, many of them just steps away. Our room did not have a view of the Colosseo which did not bother me because this hotel has an AWESOME roof terrace with pool and a bar and a direct view of the Colosseo. Really nice!! Most of our interactions with employees were with the front desk and everybody there was super friendly and professional. For dinner we most of the time went to the small restaurants behind the church which is basically right across the busy street from the hotel. I can highly recommend that, these places are only a block or two from the Colosseo, the food is delicious, and the prices very reasonable.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnyaA2
Giuseppe F, Room Division Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review about your stay at the Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre.

I am very glad you had an enjoyable experience and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and to be honest it wasnt great. We paid extra for a view of the coliseum. What a joke to call it a view, you have to stand up to see it! My husband has platinum status with Accor. We were told there was no upgrade as we already had chosen the best room. Well if that is the best room, I cant imagine what the others were like. It was so small we could hardly move. Nowhere to unpack you clothes!

But what really is bad are the front desk staff. We were given a voucher for a complimentary drink due to card status. When we got to the bar we were told it was only for one person. When asked the staff at the front desk could not have been more rude, there was only one card holder so only one drink. Obviously we stay in accor hotels all the time (mostly Sofitel) and this is the first time this has happened. How petty can you get.

Will not be returning

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubble177
Laura A, Assistant General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review about your stay at the Mercure Roma Centro Colosseo.

I am sorry that the room did not meet your expectation and I apologize we were not able to upgrade to another room due to the high level of occupancy.
In reference to the free drink, I am sure the front desk staff did not mean to be rude and I apologize if they gave you that impression. I am sure you are aware that as per the policy and condition of our loyalty card the benefit of the voucher drink is due to the card older only.

I look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Assistant General Manager
MercureRoma Centro Colosseo
london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

the staff do not understand the meaning of basic customer service!!

I dont mind paying for a good hotel which i was lead to believe this was but I could not be more wrong!

The rooms are a joke!! they are very very small!! to a point where you do question your self...really this is a hotel room or a broom cupboard?

the managers are never available and all staff cover each others mess!

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, its a complete rip off!! oh and the "free internet" does not work!

Room Tip: do your self a favor and dont stay here! it is seriously the worst hotel we have stayed at
2 Thank Aneel Z
Laura A, Assistant General Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for leaving a review about your stayin our hotel.

I am sorry you had such a negative experience and I apologize if we failed in what we believe to be our strongest point, the Guest Service. I can assure you that during the day there is always a Manager on Duty at your disposal.

I would be glad if your could contact us directly so that we could better understand the reason of your disappointment.

I thank you again for your comment and look forward to hearing form you.

Assistant General Manager
Mercure Roma Delta Colosseo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Location very convenient for those who like to use metro ,tram and cab ...Trams are usually crowded and beware of pickpockets .The stay in was a pleasant one but then each time time the occupants from the adjacent room closed their door it was very noisy .Clean rooms . Paper cups ,sugar and milk were inadequately supplied for two days .On the whole i did enjoy my stay.......

1 Thank travellersletter
Giuseppe F, Room Division Manager at Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for chosing the Mercure Rome Colosseum Centre and writing this review about your experience.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient for your needs. I am sorry about the item replacement issue, I will certainly be looking into it to make sure we do not experience any further lack of attention.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.