“"Good hotel, spacious room, friendly staff".”
Review of Hotel Ripa Roma

Hotel Ripa Roma
Ranked #349 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Worldhotel Ripa Roma is a very good hotel with spacious rooms. Good breakfast with wide variety.Helpful and friendly staff. Comfortable beds.Hotel location is excellent. Trastevere is a very good street with restaurents and mini markets around. Really enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Always check the location of the hotel before booking it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was very clean and in a great location. Breakfast was nice but crowded. There was a wait to sit down for breakfast. The coffee was from a machine so it was fair. The only major complaint was the wifi. Sometimes we couldn't get on because of too many users.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I was a little worried about our stay as we had a bad hotel experience last time we stayed in Rome. I had nothing to worry about at all! Firstly, the hotel is in a great location, close to great restaurants but tucked away enough so you can have a peaceful nights sleep. The beds were comfy and the staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Roberta. The rooms were spotless and spacious, fully equipped with a safe, extra pillows and a hairdryer. Breakfast was excellent with a great range of food inc fresh fruit, breads, pastries, eggs, ,sausages and toast. I will definitely stay here again. Top marks all around!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank snackjacks
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was my first time staying in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome, and that was great. Lots of restaurants nearby, and not too far from the sights. However, this hotel left much to be desired. We stayed in a superior room, and it had by far the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. I had to put my duvet under my back just to be able to fall asleep, the mattress was so hard I could feel each spring. The hangers were also really annoying because they clanged, and you could hear them in neighbor's rooms, too. The other undesirable thing was that they don't have unlimited wifi, so you have to ask for a wifi password when you check in. Mine ran out on my last day there, and the front desk staff was nice enough to give me another one, so that was appreciated. The front desk staff was hit or miss... Probably because they're so busy all the time, so they aren't always as patient as you'd expect from hotel staff. The best thing about the hotel was the breakfast with the fresh squeezed blood orange juice, as others have mentioned. Other than that, based on my experience I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Quintus08
Tiziana A, Direttore vendite at Hotel Ripa Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Quintus,
thank you for sharing your experience at Worldhotel Ripa Roma with the Tripadvisor Community!
We are happy to read that you have appreciated the quality of our breakfast and the great location of the hotel.
Regarding Wifi, as clearly written on our web site and on all the major On line travel agencies we are working with, basic connection (500mb traffic) is included in the room rate free of charge. Premium connection is available with charge, on request. As you write, our front office staff has promptly offered and extra card at no charge when you asked for.
One of our unique selling points is the friendly and warm atmosphere and the quality of our service and I'm sorry to read that you didn't have the chance to experience it!
I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again at Ripa and I am at your disposal in case you wish to contact me at my personal email: sales@worldhotelriparoma.com.
best regards
Tiziana Alberati

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a standard room for 3 people. We only stayed in it one night. The standard room is very very basic, made us feel too close together because of the layout. However for the rest of the stay we upgraded for 15 euros a night to a superior room (one room up from standard) and it was so much better. A lot bigger. VERY comfy beds. Made our stay so much nicer. I would 100% reccommend staying in any hotel room than standard. It is worth the money. Plus unlimited wifi unless your in standard room where you get 500MB

The hotel is modern however the rooms and hotel does need a bit more upkeep. Paint coming off walls in some places. Not unbearable though. Breakfast is absoloutly brilliant!! So much choice including hot food with the most amazing sausages! The staff who work in the breakfast room are amazing. so effecient and I noticed how hard they work!

Brilliant location. Only a tram ride away from the center of historic rome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mia,
thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us!
I'm happy to read about your nice comments regarding the location, the great breakfast and the kindess and efficiency of our staff!
Superior rooms are really comfortable , with a great unique design and I'm happy to read that you loved your upgraded room!
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Worldhotel Ripa Roma, I send you my best regards
Tiziana

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Firstly, the area, hotel itself and the general experience were perfect. Booked a superior room for 3 nights and the room is HUGE! (On my last night now.) superior room has a balcony, though looking over a block of flats (but good for smokers or sun worshippers) a sofa, a big TV, a lovely bathroom and a massive very comfy bed - though made of 2 smaller beds so not ideal for those who like to cuddle! The breakfast was of excellent quality and variety and was lovely both at 7am and 9am, and is served till 10. The general decor was awesome! Very modern and not for anyone who likes things traditional or quaint. The ONLY let downs were the wifi and reception staff. Wifi is a ridiculous system - don't expect to get to your room and have a code provided. You have to actively ask at reception and be given a username and password and log in using your device. As a couple with iPads and iPhones who both need access to the internet to conduct our trip and contact loved ones we found this odd. Also they limit you to 500mb without initial warning, which isn't a lot! We ran out after day 2. If you ask for more wifi... Expect a very rude member of reception staff!!!! They don't take kindly to handing out extra vouchers. The reception staff are pretty rude and aren't exactly welcoming especially after staying at 2 small guest houses in other parts of Italy, although a young girl with dark red hair was lovely!

All in all I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel. Trastevere is a perfect place to explore Rome from. It Is a beautiful little suburb! If you come by train from Roma Termini to Roma Trastevere don't be scared - it looks rough but from ripa Roma onwards the street becomes tree lined and pretty. A 5 minute bus ride on the 8 bus (from the main road) gets you right to Rome. Don't even think about eating in the city! Carlo menta has the best italian food I have ever had - the seafood gnocci and he panna cotta is amazing as well as the litre of local red wine for 8 euro!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Beckyheinz

Dear Becky,
first of all thank you for the great comments about the room, the location and the breakfast! We are happy to read that we succeded in meeting most of your expectations!
Regarding the Wifi connection, as clearly stated in our web site and in all web sites we are cooperating with, 500mb traffic are included in the room rate, and that means that your can read emails and chat, but if you download heavy files, or watch movies on youtube, start videochatting on Skype, you easily finish your credits and premium wifi connection will be available to purchase.
Our front office staff is well trained in giving these information to our guests, so upon check in you should have receive the correct instructions about wifi usage.
Thank you for nice comments about our dark red hair colleague Federica, I'll be happy to share comments with her!
Thank you once again for all your comments about us, every guest comment is a suggestion to improve ourselves!
Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Worldhotel Ripa Roma, I send you my best regards
Tiziana

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Looks like a converted apartment building. Front desk staff were very friendly, accommodating. The hotel is modern but strange. We had a very large 2 bedroom suite, excellent value. In heart of Trastevere - walking distance to restaurants, shops and river.

Stayed: July 2014