This hotel's location in Rome was perfect for my husband and I who were first time travelers to Rome and to Italy. Located on Via Cavour, this hotel was within easy walking distance of the Roman Forum and of the Colosseum and all that these two Rome highlights have to offer. It was also right across the street from St. Peter in Chains Church which had many interesting highlights including St. Peter's prison chains as well as beautiful statue of Michelangelo's Moses.
The Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, one of the five "major" basilicas of Rome, is also within easy walking distance. The front desk staff of this hotel was very helpful and accommodating. One of the amenities was a currency exchange right at the front desk with very favorable rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Palatino is situated in the heart of the ancient center of Rome, just a short walk away from the Coliseum and Imperial Forums. Close to shopping streets where Rome's most elegant shops can be found and near Termini Railway station, the air terminal and main subway station, providing rapid links to all the most important areas of Rome. Palatino Grand Hotel has 208 large rooms, 2 restaurants, 1 bar, 4 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your FH Grand Hotel Palatino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palatino Grand Rome
- Rome Palatino Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Palatino Rome Italy
- Hotel Palatino