This hotel is in a great location, close to both the main railway station and the Forum. Our room was on the top floor, with a balcony set into the roof so, even though it overlooked the busy street, we didn't hear any road noise. Our room was huge and very comfortable and, conveniently, all of the electrical sockets were 2-pin rather than the increasingly common 3-pin.
However, our room had not been cleaned very well before we arrived, the bath plug mechanism was broken and the bath water pressure was so low that one could have done a tour of Rome while waiting for a usable volume of water to fill the bath. This wasn't fixed during our stay.
Breakfast was very good but we had a dinner on the first night with the other members of the group we were with, and the quality of the meal could best be described as 'very poor'. We made sure that we ate out every evening instead of using the hotel restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Palatino is situated in the heart of the ancient center of Rome, just a short walk away from the Coliseum and Imperial Forums. Close to shopping streets where Rome's most elegant shops can be found and near Termini Railway station, the air terminal and main subway station, providing rapid links to all the most important areas of Rome. Palatino Grand Hotel has 208 large rooms, 2 restaurants, 1 bar, 4 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your FH Grand Hotel Palatino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palatino Grand Rome
- Rome Palatino Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Palatino Rome Italy
- Hotel Palatino