The hotel staff were among the rudest I have ever seen/experienced. One example - we were out most of one day with a tour and after returning we discovered that our room smelled heavily of smoke. We called the front desk and their response was "well who smokes in your room?". So rude it could have been the cleaning crew someone in the hall - who knows? The point was that the customer service/hospitality answer was missing. They should have offered to move us/air out room something but chose to blame us for the issue.
The rooms were quite dated and shabby, in dire need of a makeover. Breakfast had a very good selection of fresh fruit so that's where my two star rating came from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Palatino is situated in the heart of the ancient center of Rome, just a short walk away from the Coliseum and Imperial Forums. Close to shopping streets where Rome's most elegant shops can be found and near Termini Railway station, the air terminal and main subway station, providing rapid links to all the most important areas of Rome. Palatino Grand Hotel has 208 large rooms, 2 restaurants, 1 bar, 4 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your FH Grand Hotel Palatino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palatino Grand Rome
- Rome Palatino Grand Hotel
- Grand Hotel Palatino Rome Italy
- Hotel Palatino