I stayed at this hotel for my second trip to Rome; the hotel does not need introduction its one of the best in town indeed.
I found the decor is little bit boring for my taste however the quality and service are superior but you have to expect to pay a lot of money for everything you ask for, I have asked for breakfast in my room as I was leaving to Crotona in the early morning at 6:40am and I had to pay 33 Euros and + 12 Euros for room service and on top of that they told sorry we can’t offer eggs at this time as there is no chef in the kitchen!! so after this experience I was wondering what is the definition of WOLRD LEADING HOTEL does that mean you have to pay more?!?! Rip off?!! Or does it mean that the hotel will go out of this way to please you? Can somebody answer me please?
When I went to the pool I was never greeted by any of the staff and I had to go and ask him for towels and when I sat no body approached me to ask if I needed a drink or water, again I need a definition of the leading hotel of the world.
The hotel is far from the city however they do have a shuttle bus runs every half hour you just need to book it in advance in case if its full but I found it easy and available all times I have used it only 3 times the rest I ended up taking taxi’s which cost me around 10 Euros or so to Maxxi of Rome Museum and because if the hotel call the taxi for you the taxi charge extra 4 Euros! I didn’t mind as I had little time and wanted to see so many things.
One night I was tired and lazy to go out to hunt for dinner and their famous restaurant was already closed so I asked for chicken and vegetables in room service ended up cost me 55 Euros, can you believe that, it was nothing special – so I tell you be prepared.
Lunch at the pool one day cost me 52 + 9 for diet 7up.
I still love the hotel and its location in upscale neighbourhood away from the hustle and bustle of Roma however I found the hotel has a lack of gesture and character I found it rude and rather boring as they don’t offer me in the room free bottle of water or chocolate or thank you something, I had to pay 32 Euros for 1 bottle of water / 1 Chocolat / Chips they just expect you to pay and pay and pay and pay.
I stayed after that in Positano and Ravello in same quality hotels and found the real definition of the leading hotels of the world.
next time for sure I would stay in more charming hotel run by a family or perhaps in city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its MYTHA SPA state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the one -Michelin-star restaurant Assaje, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome