We've visited this hotel for two nights in August 2011. As we had a very tough sightseeing to do (Rome in 2 days) we were searching for a kind of oasis in the middle of the city - and we've found it with this hotel!
We arrived at 09:00 in the morning. The entrance was blocked because of cleaning, so we needed to keep our car on the road. After quiet a waiting time, we could go already to our room - in the early morning - this was great after a long arrival trip!
The staff was very helpful, but also a kind of cold. The concierge was very useful in restaurant hints. The shuttle service to the Spanish Steps is great - but you need to book also for the RETURN transfer, or you will end - like we - walking through Borghese gardens at 23:00 in the night, because of a over-booked last shuttle.
Our room (regular double) was located in the main building. When we entered the room, there was a smell of smoke - not acceptable as we requested a non-smoking room! But the room size was quiet nice, and there was a big marble bathroom. The shower/bathtub was a kind of Italian-style-wannebe-renovated, but acceptable.
Room was clean, but with some issues, like stains on the wall, no-cleaning of garbage bins at turndown time, etc. All-in-all normal for Italy :-) We've liked very much that there was a plate of fresh fruits, a bottle of red wine, and a bottle of mineral water in our room as a present. Also, we've liked the Molton Brown bathroom stuff.
In general is everything, what you get from a hotel, very much (too) expensive, don't take anything from minibar. Instead of 20EUR WLAN in the room, we went to the free-of-charge businesscenter to check our e-mails. Also I would advise you to park a private car not in the hotel parking, but outside in the area. Very nice was a free-of-charge newspaper each morning to the room.
A huge PLUS for this hotel is the pool-area. Very clean, big, nice pool area - and this in the middle of Rome! There is a pool-boy-service, you will get towels and free-of-charge mineral water, what we've liked very much. Also you can find a pool bar (slow service, high prices).
We were not at the hotel restaurant, and not at the bar, but lobby & bar are very friendly and nice looking. But no live-music. Breakfast was very nice, huge buffet with everything you need, good quality, including spumante free of charge. Service is very fast, waiters are well-trained. Nice view from breakfast room to the pool area.
Concierge was very helpful in restaurant hints (good prices, no tourist-0815-stuff), tickets, city map assistance. etc.
All-in-all a very good, traditional hotel in Rome - ideal to stay a couple of nights to explore the city and to relax after a long day in the pool. We would come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its MYTHA SPA state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the one -Michelin-star restaurant Assaje, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome