Our stay at the Aldrovandi was truly wonderful. From the warm welcome and courteous service from door staff and reception staff, to the beautiful room and plush surroundings, to the great breakfasts and the wonderful pool area, it really made our stay in Rome special. It really is a special place to stay. The hotel has an opulent traditional feel. When you enter the reception area, you sense the grandness of it. The lobby area is quite grand, and the hotel gardens and poolside are so peaceful. It's not your average hotel.
The bed was probably the most comfortable I have slept in, and the turndown service in the evening was a nice touch. The little 5 star touches were obvious - the fluffy bathrobes and slippers, the Molton and Brown toiletries, the attentive poolside service which included plentiful towels and water, and sun cream on request. The only thing we felt was lacking was that there were no in-room tea and coffee making facilites (room service coffee cost a small fortune). The mini bar prices were ridiculous (probably because of the hotel's 5 star status, but ridiculous all the same), with a 12 Euros charge for a bottle of water that wasn't even cold. We gave the mini bar a miss. We didn't dine in the hotel's Michelin starred restaurant or Grill Restaurant as we spent our evenings away from the hotel. Next time perhaps we would give the food a try. Breakfast was a buffet style, hot and cold, with the option of sparkling wine (a bit too early for us!) served in a large breakfast room.
As other reviewers have said, the hotel is not exactly in the city centre of Rome, but the complimentary, half hourly shuttle service to Spanish Steps takes away the hardship of getting directly into town. We used this great service several times during our stay, but we also used the trams which literally stop outside the door of the hotel to get to both The Vatican and The Colosseum. The location, for us, was quite perfect. To have been any closer to the bustle of the city centre would have meant missing out on the tranquil pool surroundings and the beautiful expansive park on our doorstep at the Villa Borghese, where you can visit (by pre-booking only) The Borghese Gallery, which has a fabulous art collection. The Gallery of Modern Art is literally a five minute stroll fom the hotel too.
If you are looking for a fabulous, luxurious hotel with little special touches, and it is within your budget, you will be treated to a wonderful experience at the Aldrovandi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome