“Grazie Aldrovandi Villa Borghese”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #54 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Dallas, Texas
“Grazie Aldrovandi Villa Borghese”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

An elegant hotel amidst the gardens of Borghese. A lovely place to stay while visiting Rome. They have private service to drive you the short distance to the Spanish Stairs. Once you have had your fill of touring the city and shopping you can return to the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the gracious villa. The suites are pretty and beds provide a good nights sleep. We took advantage of the heated pool and enjoyed swimming, taking sun and a delicious lunch poolside. The lobby has a handsome bar for cocktails before dinner. The breakfast was incredible. Fabulous buffet selection under a gorgeous chandelier! The servers are most friendly and bring you the best cappuccino ever. We couldn't have been more pleased with the staff and the hotel. Our sincere thanks to all for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank On-our-way149
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review and to post the pictures of your stay since you last stay with us last May, we truly appreciate this.

As you mentioned specifically the aspectts we have been putting hardly our efforts in order to guarantee the best comforts for our guests – the courtesy car to the Spanish Steps and Via Veneto and the selection of our buffet breakfast as well as the enjoyable atmosphere of our outdoor pool in the garden - I feel like we have accomplished our first aim to satisfy our guests’ expectations.

Therefore, please allow me to be the first to ‘Thank you’ for choosing the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I wish this could be again your first choice on the occasion of your next trip to Rome.

Kindest Regards,

Ugo Ossani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charente, France
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed 3 nights here on a travelzoo voucher and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a deluxe garden facing room (221) with a lovely view of the tree canopied garden, terraces and pool. By major city standards this was a very spacious comfortable room with a large marble bathroom and all the services and high standards of housekeeping you would expect of a hotel of this standing. Wifi connection is free with a code given for each day and worked well in all areas of the hotel, including bedroom. Excellent Concierge and friendly efficient restaurant staff in both the Grill Room and Sala Verde, where a sumptuous buffet breakfast is served overlooking the garden. Not cheap at 40 euros pp if you do not have an inclusive deal but cannot fault the extensive selection and quality and it is definitely worth it as there are few nearby options in walking distance of the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing garden are quietest and have lovely views of pool
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elaineb01
Dear Guest

I am delighted to personally thank you for your enthusiastic comment about your recent stay with us. If actually there is one thing that we go proud of – among the other services we are able to offer to our guests – is actually the size of our rooms which can be definitely considered spacious for a city hotel, thanks to the historical origin of our valuable building which allowed us to use at best the consistent space available for our rooms.

Thank you for your appreciation about the level of our service, we may well say that ‘ensuring a high level of personalized service’ is our ‘mantra’ on a daily basis, I will share with pleasure your appreciation with all the staff involved and which you kindly mentioned.

Definitely looking forward to have the great pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, please consider ourselves at your complite disposal on the occasion of your next trip to Rome.

Kindest Regards,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I was with my boy friend and it was such a nice place.
Alessandro and Mario were amazing concierges with " clé d'or" and really good advice ! They indicated us good place for diner and museum to see.
The associates were really professional and polite with us and the room was spotless !
We were in room 527 which is a quiet room garden view !
Breakfast is a buffet with a large variety of choices.
When I left the hotel, I forgot my battery of my camera, and they brought it to me in town, which is so nice and professional !
Everything was so perfect ! We will come back for sure, we felt at ease ! In this Hotel, they care about people which is the major thing in Hospitality management.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words about your stay at the Aldrovadi Villa Borghese. I will definitely share your words with our professional Concierges and the rest of the team who will be certainly flattered about them.

I am also delighted to apprehend that you appreciated our personalized service, which is really a carachteristic of our service we aim to offer every day ad averytime to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future, it will be our pleasure to assist you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2013

It's taken me almost a year to do this review but Aldrovandi is a fabulous hotel. We got a great deal on Jetsetter. We arrived early in the morning before check in but they gave us the room and free breakfast anyway! Breakfast buffet is included and really tasty! Enjoy the free breakfast buffet of eggs, bacon, hams, cheeses, croissants and pastries. Caffe very strong and required steamed milk. Champagne provided but we did not partake. Hotel was old but very nice and rooms were clean and fairly spacious.
Onsite parking was very convenient but you could walk to the Fountain and most sightseeing spots. Hotel shuttle also takes you to Spanish Steps. The hotel is away from the buzz of the city but still close enough, which was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am amazed by your delightful comment for more than one reason. First, because you took the time to write you kind words one year after your stay and this is ‘awesome’ as the title of your comment goes; second because your positive remarks are still very specific and detailed which means that you really enjoyed your experience here at the Aldrovandi. This is impressive and I would like to thank you twice for the reasons above!

‘Welcome’ is not just a standard word for us and we do work with passion to offer our guests that special welcoming atmosphere from the beginning of the stay - as it happened upon your arrival!

I would be delighted to welcoming you again in the near future, feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your nex trip to Rome.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My wife and I travelled to Rome for the first time and, on this experience, will return many more times. The hotel is a diamond. There are many little things that, in isolation, would put you off such as the small rooms, the old fashioned dining rooms, the unheated pool but trust me the staff and the overall ambience of this hotel puts in a very special bracket. I have been in the Hotel business for 35 years and will now count the Aldrovandi as one of my personal favorites.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MichaelGorrie
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Guest

I just came across your beautiful comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I would like to thank you for your nice words, especially considering your yearly experience in the hotel business I welcome your thoughts and suggestions with interest.

Furthermore, I am delighted to apprehend that we will be welcoming you again soon, our traditional style won’t miss the chance to offer you the occasion to spend a marvellous time with us yet again in the near future.

Again thank you for visiting us, we look forward to assisting you again in the near future.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I came to Rome for the first time. After really awful experience with non official taxi driver in Rome and after that shock, we have entered Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.
It was the beginning of December and everything was so nicely decorated. Warm welcome, nice decorations, bottle of wine in the room for 5th anniversary....made us forget the shock in a moment.
We have stayed for 4 nights in Deluxe room on 5th floor which was a good choice; again, nice decorations, lot of space, perfectly clean. The only thing I would suggest is to try to get the room with the view of the inner court of the hotel. On the other side of the hotel with the view of Park Borghese, there is a pretty busy street with tram, so, not so quite.
Breakfast was really good. There is not so great choice of food like in other 5* hotels we've been in, but everything what was offered was delicious. Fresh fruit, eggs, tomato's, mushrooms, croissants, juices, good coffee...
Location is excellent, just across Park Borghese, so when the weather is fine you can go for a jogging there, which is really nice.
Only 15-20 minutes nice walk through the park to get at the top of the Spanish steps. We did not use the courtesy car, but it is also possible and very convenient for everyone not willing to walk much.
Reception staff, concierge service, restaurant staff and staff in general is very, very professional, providing very nice and welcome feeling.
One more tip, which maybe everybody knows, but it is not bad to mention it again, is to use white taxi's only!
Excellent value for money!!!
At the end we went back home smiling....this was very nice city break in cozy hotel and in beautiful city.

Room Tip: Choose Superior or Deluxe rooms overlooking inner court because you'll get quality sleep. With D...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your beautiful comments about your positive experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, we truly appreciate it especially considering the not nice experience you had with the taxi.

We are definitely proud to hear that the special ‘Aldrovandi factor’ made you soon forget that unpleasant event as soon as you walked through our revolving doors, just like we aim to do with our guests: let them forget what the left behind our revolving doors to indulge in the unique atmosphere of our hotel!

I am also glad to hear that – among the other aspects you appreciated - you also enjoyed the location of our hotel which is actually one of the most significant plus for our guests looking for a green hideaway not far from the most important landmarks in Rome.

I would be certainly honoured to have the opportunity to welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly, I would be delighted to assist you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in July with our 10 year old son. The hotel were very accommodating with the extra bed in our room and the room was large enough for us to move around freely even with the extra bed. The pool area is beautiful and the service exceptionally good. As soon as you arrived at the pool the attendants were there locating sun beds in the sun or shade as required. The people at reception were very friendly and helpful, they even helped my son to take apart some packaging so he could play with his new car. Although not very centrally located, the hotels free shuttle service which runs every 30 mins will get you to the Spanish Steps in 6 mins or so. Alternatively you can take a 25 min walk through the park. We will definitely stay at this hotel next time we are in Rome.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read you positive comments about your stay with us last summer, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

I will definitely share you comments with our staff who will be even more motivated by your kind words to deliver a personalized service like you had the chance to experience.

I would be delighted to welcoming you again to Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you be travelling to Rome, I would be delighted to assist you again.