“Exceptional stay in Italy”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #43 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“Exceptional stay in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked the hotel off jetsetter and again I was more than pleased. It was a small resort in the middle of Rome with beautiful rooms and amenities. The rooms had everything you could need and we were upgraded when we got there. I don't believe there is a bad room. The gym was perfect for what we needed and made it easy to maintain a normal routine with all the eating!
We had lunch only at the hotel but it was delicious.
It's near a park too and they have a free bike rental you can use. Cabs were easy to get and though its not in the "center" it was nice to come home to luxury, quiet and a fantastic pool and staff.

Room Tip: Kids were there. But also great for adults. Breakfast is a must! Bring workout clothes
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your positive comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for your kind words.

I am glad you appreciated the location of our hotel which actually offers the unique opportunity to feel the great advantage of being close to the most important landmarks in Rome as well as the most important shopping districts in Rome but at the same time offers a fabulous sensation of privacy and exclusive tranquillity to our guests.

I very much look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be glad to assist you again.

Ugo Ossani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Aldrovandi Villa last week. My preference was for a hotel that was outside the busy areas of Rome. I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel was quiet and very clean with all of the amenities of a high quality hotel. The pool area and garden was nice as well. If I visit Rome again, I will stay here again. The only downside is that the food is very expensive for simple meals like 28 euros for a burgher.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your kind comment, it is always a great pleasure to learn about the positive experince our guests had staying with us.

Moreover I am delighted you wish to come back soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I will be delighted to personally assist you with all the posssible requests you may have.

Again thank you for preferring the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just returned from a four day trip to Rome staying at the Aldrovandia. The service was second to non. The hotel is fantastic, highly recomend staying here. Before we arrived I booked a travel guide for two days through the concierge. Guide met us at hotel and was excellent. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom very luxurious. We had a street view but did not worry us as we were just having a sightseeing holiday and were out every day. We arranged transportation from airport and back with the concierge before we arrived and it was all done with quick responses and excellent communication. Staff very very friendly. Did not see any kids while we were here as previous reviewer and had no problem with noise from other rooms (we were so tired after sightseeing all day). When we returned to the hotel around 5.00pm after hard days sight seeing I went in the pool. Pool guys fantastic even though I was just having a quick swim, made up double sun bed for my husband and I, bottled water given, six towels and two bottle of water for a 15 minute swim ! Great service. Park just over the road but we did not get the time to visit. Hotel does complimentary bike hire which would be great to get out in the park and ride. We did not have dinner in the hotel as we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle serice to the Spanish Steps and ate out in the city.We will certainly be visiting this hotel again. Out in the greenery just a short ride to the attractions of Rome. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are just visiting to sightsee any room will do to flop down after a hard day.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JuneLes
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your kind comment about your positive experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am delighted to apprehend you had a wonderful stay with us.

I am pleased you appreciated all the different aspects of your stay from our hotel and the comfort of your rooms as well as the high level of our service which definitely made the difference making your stay memorable. As for our custom I will share with pleasure your words with the rest of our team.

I look forward to welcoming you soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future and I would be glad if you could consider myself at you disposal on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be glad to assist you.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

You have to decide what is most important to you, when considering staying here. They have exceptional service, at every level: doorman, driver, concierge, pool wait staff to put out towels and water, wait staff at the pool, service staff at the restaurant and generous breakfast buffet. The pool area and grounds are excellent and the location is out of the core but a five minute cab ride from the Spanish steps, 10 euros, so not an issue at all.

The negative, which for us was a big one, was the ability and quality of sleep. The walls between rooms and to the hallway, are THIN. You can hear EVERYTHING going on in the next room: talking, laughing, clicking of light switches, opening and closing of the wardrobe....everything. We had young kids in the room next to us and at times it was unbearable. The front desk did ask the family in the room to ensure their kids were quiet but you can hear just normal talking. There are a lot of kids at this hotel so we could have moved rooms but who knows what else we would have heard through the walls....i decided hearing kids was the lesser of two evils as I was with my teenagers!

In addition, the beds are hard and you can feel the springs....did you ever wonder what happened to the bad university mattress that you slept on....well it is at the aldrovandi in rome! The beds have lovely sheets, the pillows are fine but this is nice dressing on an awful matress. We found most beds in Italy to be hard but only at this hotel could we actually feel the springs!!!

You should also know that while the rooms are well appointed, they are small; there is no room for a cot so they truly suit only two people. The bathrooms however are large and well done with nice towels, slippers and robes.

So, exceptional service vs. ability to sleep....you decide what is most important to you before booking.

Room Tip: Book your room and the one on each side, to avoid sounds between the paper thin walls.
3 Thank SusanABC
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comment regarding your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am extremely grateful for your kind words regarding the excellent level of our service, I appreciate the fact that you so kindly mentioned the dedication and serious professionalism of your team, again thank you for your thoughtful words.

On the other hand I feel extremely sorry for the bad quality of your sleep during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this unacceptable event, I perfectly agree that a good quality of sleep is definitely part of what we may name ‘A perfect holiday’. I take into serious consideration all the aspects highlighted in your comment and concrete measures will be immediately taken with reference to the quality of the mattress and all those in need will be changed, moreover a thorough check about the quality of all our pillows will be also scheduled again in order to ensure they may be replaced when and where necessary.

Furthermore I am in the process of scheduling a technical inspection of the rooms where might be a soundproof issue in order to determine the level of it and restore a perfect soundproof system.

Again thank you for your comment, and apologies for the inconveniences experienced, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future and have the chance to also assist you on the allocation of your room possibly assigning you and your family a more spacious accommodation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I will be honoured to assist you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I wanted to treat my 19 and 20-year-old daughters to a dream holiday in Rome. This hotel matched all our expectations and exceeded them.
What was very impressive was the attitude of the staff who really focused on us as their guests
the room was lovely the pool was a delight particularly when temperatures hit 37°C the views from the breakfast bar were stunning in both directions and there was such a wide choice of food.
As you might expect in Rome prices were high for food at the restaurant
It is a hotel I shall definitely return to

Room Tip: Our room overlooks the side of the hotel but the views of the Villas all around are so attractive th...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your amazing comment about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am truly grateful to learn that our hotel and the excellence of our service did exceed your expectations, particularly in such occasion when travelling with your daughters and wishing to treat them with something really unforgettable.

I am therefore glad our team rised to this occasion and made you feel cared and looked after properly.

I would be delighted to have the privilege to welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and confirm your positive experience once again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly shoul you plan a trip to Rome in the near future, I would be delighted to be at your disposal.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Honestly we were expecting more from this hotel. I will start with the good.
1) The pool is beautiful and just what you need to relax and soak after the long walks and rondesvoux in the city
2) Location wise is great as it is situated in villa borghese, which is private and next to the beautiful gardens. It is also only a ten min drive from the city and the hotel provides free shuttle services to the spanish steps

What it can improve on:
1) The rooms and hotel needs to be upgraded. It does not have that extra class to it for the price you are paying
2) Breakfast is beautifully presented but the food is average and is the same selection of buffet for the whole 4 days we stayed there
3) Service needs a major improvement as only one staff went out of his way to give recommendations whilst the others only did the minimal they were required to and were not very welcoming but rather forced to service the guests.

I have stayed in many boutique hotels and this just does not meet up to par for the price you are paying. The only advantage I would say is the pool and location but no charm whatsoever that I can find or remember about the hotel experience

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

we came again to this hotel as it is nicely located next to Borghese gardens, offers excellent service and is one of the few hotels in Rome with beautiful pool which is enjoyable during Summer
very good service and concierge, great breakfast and affordable LHW property
shuttle service available to bring you the spanish steps otherwise taxi very affordable 10 euros
also complimentary bikes are available

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Valued Guest

I am delighted to apprehend that you preferred the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese again, thank you for choosing us once again and for the positive comments about your recent experience with us.
I truly wish to have the privilege to welcoming you again also in the near future, please consider the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese your ‘home away from home’ and feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I will be glad to assist you.