“A wonderful few days”

Ranked #56 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful few days”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We spent a few wonderful days in May in the Aldrovandi Hotel, which is a splendid intimate 5 star hotel. Our room was quiet, clean and well furnished. The position near the Borghese Park was excellent for getting around. The management under Leonardo Temperini was first class. The concierge Mario was excellent in arranging where to go and where to dine which is so important in a beautuful city like Rome. All the staff were repectful and helpful. We chose the hotel because it was central and had a swimming pool. We were not disappointed. Our stay there was not cheap but nothing worthwhile is. When we go back to Rome we will choose the Aldrovandi again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Valued Guest

I would like to heartily thank you for your positive comment about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. On behalf of the entire Aldrovandi team and Mr. Leonardo Temperini, I would like to express our gratitude for your kind words about our level of service and our rooms.

I am also glad that the position of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese met your expectations, this is definitely a plus for our hotel and for all of our guests looking for a central venue but also able to guarantee perfect momets of privacy and tranquillity during their holidays in the busy Rome.

I will be delighted to welcoming you back very soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I will be glad to personally assist you on the occasion of your next reservation with us.

Ugo Ossani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just celebrated our 40th wedding here and the whole experience was made very special by every member of staff, thankyou. The weather some days was very hot and the pool and gardens a wonderful oasis from the heat and hustle and bustle of sight seeing, we will certainly be coming back

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am delighted to read about the great experience you had with us especially on the special occasion of your 40th wedding anniversary and learn that the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese was up to this unique moment and was the perfect frame to celebrate it.

As you wish, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese very soon, please do contact me directly on that occasion, I will be glad to assist you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Given the TA ratings, was disappointed in this hotel. Not what we would expect from a four star hotel at this price. Room was small and dated and beds were hard. Grill and pool side drinks were overpriced - 100 USD for two drinks and two sandwiches is insane, even for Rome. The location was a bit out of the way, but they have a free courtesy shuttle to and from the Spanish steps every half an hour.

On the plus side, the pool was great and the staff were helpful and courteous. Breakfast was one of the better ones we had on our Italian vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scott O
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I have carefully read and taken into high consideration your remarks about the prices and the room assigned to you during your stay. For these remarks I would like to apologise and assure that all of our focus will be put on those points highlighted in order to definitely improve where and when possible.

On the other hand, I would like to thank you again for sharing your positive experience as well about the pleasant time you spent on the pool side and about the level of service delivered by our dedicated team.

I would be honored to have the pleasure to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese soon and possibly assist you directly on the accommodation assignment as well as with other kind requests you may have.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at the hotel in September. The standard of service by all the staff we encountered was excellent, from the concierge to the guys by the pool. The concierge desk pointed us to good restaurants close to the excellent shuttle service at the Spanish Steps. (We can recommend Osteria Margutta. We went there twice). When we arrived we wanted to change our room, which was accommodated with no fuss. The pool area is lovely and never got too busy. Very good breakfast in the Sala Verde. As and when we come back to Rome we will almost certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vauled Guest

I would like to heartily thank you for your kind words and for praising and appreciating our team work. I will definitely share your words with the rest of Aldrovandi’s team as per our custom.

I am glad to apprehend that all of our dedication made your stay memorable to the point you wish to come back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese during your next trip to Rome, this is definitely the greatest reward for all of us.

Feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next reservation to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I will be glad to assist you again.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have stayed at numerous hotels in Rome, but always gravitate back to the Aldrovandi. The service is better than at some other "Leading Hotels of the World," and the setting outside the Villa Borghese Gardens is quiet and yet accessible. The hotel pool is an oasis in the city. There are frequent shuttles to the Spanish Steps, only a five to ten-minute ride.

Room Tip: Rooms are elegant but small, unless you book a jr suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I come across your kind comment and I would like to sincerely thank you for your words of appreciation.

It is always a pleasure to read about our regular guests’ experience with us and about the fact that after different venues and locations they always prefer the unique atmosphere of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

Feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would gladly assist you with your accommodation assignment in order to possibly reserve a room closer to your expectations.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked the hotel off jetsetter and again I was more than pleased. It was a small resort in the middle of Rome with beautiful rooms and amenities. The rooms had everything you could need and we were upgraded when we got there. I don't believe there is a bad room. The gym was perfect for what we needed and made it easy to maintain a normal routine with all the eating!
We had lunch only at the hotel but it was delicious.
It's near a park too and they have a free bike rental you can use. Cabs were easy to get and though its not in the "center" it was nice to come home to luxury, quiet and a fantastic pool and staff.

Room Tip: Kids were there. But also great for adults. Breakfast is a must! Bring workout clothes
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your positive comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for your kind words.

I am glad you appreciated the location of our hotel which actually offers the unique opportunity to feel the great advantage of being close to the most important landmarks in Rome as well as the most important shopping districts in Rome but at the same time offers a fabulous sensation of privacy and exclusive tranquillity to our guests.

I very much look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be glad to assist you again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Aldrovandi Villa last week. My preference was for a hotel that was outside the busy areas of Rome. I enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel was quiet and very clean with all of the amenities of a high quality hotel. The pool area and garden was nice as well. If I visit Rome again, I will stay here again. The only downside is that the food is very expensive for simple meals like 28 euros for a burgher.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your kind comment, it is always a great pleasure to learn about the positive experince our guests had staying with us.

Moreover I am delighted you wish to come back soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I will be delighted to personally assist you with all the posssible requests you may have.

Again thank you for preferring the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.