Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Capo d'Africa
US$364
US$317
Hotels.com
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$207
Travelocity
US$1,543
US$847
1,426 results
All reviewsvilla borghesespanish stepsleading hotels of the worldshuttle servicethe michelin starred restaurantswimming poolbeautiful hotelfree shuttlehotel shuttlegreat poolfive star hotelturn down serviceupgraded to a suitebottled watersight seeingpiazza di spagnathe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed 3 days 22nd August - wonderful staff, great pool, altogether a very pleasant experience.
Especially the very charming and helpful breakfast staff - delicious fresh orange juice, coffee... Only complaint was the tasteless scrambled eggs.. Would happily stay again

Room Tip: We were 5th floor facing the street which was ok as we looked onto bits of the park but I can understand how pool facing is much better
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your positive comment about your stay with us. Thank you for taking your time to share your positive experience. I have taken good note about your remarks regarding the scrambled eggs which I will definitely share with our kitchen staff, thank you for sharing this as well.

I am glad to read you would like to come back again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on that occasion I will be happy to assist you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is very classy. Great location. The villa borghese park is lovely. The street and area is very quiet. The pool is lovely and the sun loungers are like beds. Staff are so knowledgable and friendly and their English is superb. They could not help us enough.

The rooms are spacious and beautiful and they are made up twice a day.

The breakfast buffet is lovely and the environment you eat in is very classy with attentive friendly staff.

The free shuttle takes you in and out of the city for free every half an hour.

Downside - the food and drinks are hideously overpriced. Eating and drinking in restaurants adjacent to major landmarks was half the price. €10 for a small water. If you want two sandwiches and two drinks by the pool you are looking at £80. Unreasonable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. Thank you for appreciating and sharing all the positive different aspects of your stay from the rooms to the comfort of our sun loungers and the ubeatable location of our hotel. Not to forget the high quality of the service delivered from our dedicated team.

I will definitely share your kind words with all the members of the team who will be greatly motivated about your positive experience.

On the other hand I have taken into serious consideration your comment about the prices which you did not find in line with other landmarks in Rome, we will work on this and attentively evaluate your remark. Our guests’ feedback is definitely important for us even when - and above all when - expressing concerns, thank you for sharing this.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, it would be a pleasure to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We spent a few wonderful days in May in the Aldrovandi Hotel, which is a splendid intimate 5 star hotel. Our room was quiet, clean and well furnished. The position near the Borghese Park was excellent for getting around. The management under Leonardo Temperini was first class. The concierge Mario was excellent in arranging where to go and where to dine which is so important in a beautuful city like Rome. All the staff were repectful and helpful. We chose the hotel because it was central and had a swimming pool. We were not disappointed. Our stay there was not cheap but nothing worthwhile is. When we go back to Rome we will choose the Aldrovandi again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Valued Guest

I would like to heartily thank you for your positive comment about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. On behalf of the entire Aldrovandi team and Mr. Leonardo Temperini, I would like to express our gratitude for your kind words about our level of service and our rooms.

I am also glad that the position of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese met your expectations, this is definitely a plus for our hotel and for all of our guests looking for a central venue but also able to guarantee perfect momets of privacy and tranquillity during their holidays in the busy Rome.

I will be delighted to welcoming you back very soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I will be glad to personally assist you on the occasion of your next reservation with us.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just celebrated our 40th wedding here and the whole experience was made very special by every member of staff, thankyou. The weather some days was very hot and the pool and gardens a wonderful oasis from the heat and hustle and bustle of sight seeing, we will certainly be coming back

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am delighted to read about the great experience you had with us especially on the special occasion of your 40th wedding anniversary and learn that the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese was up to this unique moment and was the perfect frame to celebrate it.

As you wish, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese very soon, please do contact me directly on that occasion, I will be glad to assist you again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Given the TA ratings, was disappointed in this hotel. Not what we would expect from a four star hotel at this price. Room was small and dated and beds were hard. Grill and pool side drinks were overpriced - 100 USD for two drinks and two sandwiches is insane, even for Rome. The location was a bit out of the way, but they have a free courtesy shuttle to and from the Spanish steps every half an hour.

On the plus side, the pool was great and the staff were helpful and courteous. Breakfast was one of the better ones we had on our Italian vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scott O

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I have carefully read and taken into high consideration your remarks about the prices and the room assigned to you during your stay. For these remarks I would like to apologise and assure that all of our focus will be put on those points highlighted in order to definitely improve where and when possible.

On the other hand, I would like to thank you again for sharing your positive experience as well about the pleasant time you spent on the pool side and about the level of service delivered by our dedicated team.

I would be honored to have the pleasure to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese soon and possibly assist you directly on the accommodation assignment as well as with other kind requests you may have.