“Comfortable, quiet and great service”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #54 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Davis, CA
“Comfortable, quiet and great service”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have been staying at Aldrovandi for more than 10 years every time we are in Roma. Just a lovely, comfortable hotel. The service is fantastic. The rooms are large with large windows. Ask for a room facing the garden as it is really quiet. The bathrooms are spacious and modern. Nightly turn down service is great as they provide fresh towels if needed. The buffet breakfast is one if the best. Every time we come here, we feel right at home. Mario is especially fantastic and is extremely helpful. He always makes us feel special. We understand the hotel will be closed starting in Dec until March. How sad!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chiili

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese .this past summer. We all enjoyed our stay at the hotel immensely. We had four rooms and all of the rooms were lovely. The hotel is very beautiful and spacious. The food was delicious at the hotel and we highly recommend including the breakfast plan as part of the hotel package fee. Returning to the swimming pool and outdoor area at the end of a long and hot touring day was a very welcome and special treat . The hotel is situated on the north end of the Borghese Gardens and we utilized the free Mercedes van shuttle service that the hotel provided daily to the conveniently located Spanish Steps.. I do suggest that you book a reservation for the shuttle at the front desk in advance, so that you can be assured a space in the van. Being situated a short distance away from the center of town was relaxing and desirable. We visited other hotels in the area and found this one to be one of the most beautiful. The concierge and staff were very friendly and helpful and spent much time advising us on how to schedule our touring days.In particular, Alessio, a member of the concierge staff, was especially nice and a pleasure to deal with. We look forward to returning to Rome and we will certainly stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on our next visit there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Valued Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your positive comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for your nice words, I truly appreciate it. I will definitely share your kind words with all of the team here at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and one of our Concierges, Alessio, who you kindly mentioned. I am sure they will appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to read you wish to come back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I would be pleased to assist you and welcome you again soon.

Shanghai
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is behind Villa Borghese and beside the rather busy Via Ulisse Aldrovandi. So during the day there are a constant stream of cars, motorscooters and trams passing in front of it, making the rooms facing Via Ulisse Aldrovandi quite noisy. During the night, the problem becomes less serious so you might have a chance to fall into an OK sleep, but around 6 or 7 in the morning the hustle-bustles just come back again. Require a quieter room when booking.

Other than this, the hotel's still got a lot of charms. The elegant lobby, shuttle bus to the Spanish steps (because it's not a too short walk on foot), friendly staff, swimming pool, simple but essential meeting rooms (decor a bit run-down though) and breakfast of the same nature. And the Oliver Glowig restaurant, where the head chef is said to have earned 2 Michelin stars before.

There are two nearby museums to visit, the Modern Art Museum and the rather curious National Etruscan Museum that is about 15 mins walk away. See the gorgeous Spouse's Coffin there, a true ancient masterpiece from even before the Roman era!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the Via Ulisse Aldrovandi
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fredosophy
Valued Guest

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I am delighted on one side to read about the pleasant experience you had during your stay with us, thank you for the nice words about the beauty and class of our hotel, I am definitely grateful for your words of appreciation and that you enjoyed the level of service we devotedly deliver.

On the other end, I am sorry you could not fully enjoy you stay because of the noise coming from outside your room, as a matter of fact our hotel offers a choice of rooms overlooking Villa Borghese – which might have been the case of your room – or overlooking the garden and pool and that also depends on the category of the room itself.

It is always our mission to make sure all of our guests receive the best room according to their wishes and requests, therefore I would be delighted if you could contact me directly should you be travelling to Rome again the near future in order to supervise the room allocation for you assigning a quieter one.

Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Spend 3 nights here with my husband, to exlore Rome and have a little rest too. Reason to choose this hotel was the Park close by. September is pretty hot in Rome ( it was almost 30 degrees) and the pool and the park and the image of a peacuful hotel away from the hectic city were reasons to choose this hotel. There is lovely park close by, with lot to see, and nice place to just wander around. Our room was with doublebed facing to pool, and nothing special for that price, around 200 eur a night, but it was worth the money and convenient. Breakfast was allright, with usual variety of scrambled eggs, bacon, bread, yoghurt, fresh juices, cakes, fresh fruits. And something italian was included too to my delight: very tasty salty salmon, or some other fish (I did not recognise), tomatoes and mozzarella. And there was champagne too, which is not that usual.
Service at the reception was secure, quick and precise. And very important thing is to know, that you get a free shuttle bus (minivan) to the stairs of Spagna every hour forth and back until 10 in the evening. It was very nice and convenient to hop in the car after strolling all day around amazing Rome. Our stay was delightful, and we had wonderful time in Rome in our get away vacation from children and work. We would like to return, and there is so much to experience in lovely Rome. And we had no time to freshen up in the pool cause all beautiful historic sights were so appealing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank nappinena
Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am also delighted you enjoyed the breakfast service in the morning, I believe this is a perfect way to start the day – always, but particularly when on holidays - and we do love to improve our daily breakfast from time to time adding new components, special food, or type of bread or healthy amenities which may cherish the morning of our guests. The unique location of our hotel and the convenience of the complimentary car to the Spanish Steps simply add that special touch to spoil our guests.

Since you could not enjoy the beauty of our outdoor pool in the garden, I look forward to welcoming you very soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am sure next spring and summer will be the perfect moment to appreciate this side of our hotel and chill out your day at the poolside. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to visit Rome again soon, I will be pleased to assist you again.

Bermuda
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Kids LOVE the hotel. The pool area is wonderful and a great place to recharge between "tourismus" and dinner. The shuttle is great and gives a nice separation from the "scene" downtown (which may or may not appeal). Agree with comments re nice rooms and professional staff, as you'd expect at the price point. The "grill room" (the alternative to twostar dining in hotel) is like any dreary breakfast room anywhere but all of Rome's kitchens is 5 mins on the shuttle so no problem.
Note: the pool closes for winter. Without it open, I'd perhaps stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mahaguru
Valued Guest

I am delighted to read your kind words about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your experience.

As a matter of fact the Aldrovandi Villa borghese is the perfect choice for families looking for a peaceful place to relax with their children after a busy day spent around Rome, I am glad you appreciated this peculiar aspect as well as the convenience of our curtesy car, available every day for our guests, which brings them directly to the Spanish steps. This is definitely the best solution for families too.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future and have the chance to assist you better also in the culinary aspects of your next stay with us, I am sure you will enjoy the improvements we have on schedule about this service.

Please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be delighted to welcoming you and your family again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Loved staying at ths hotel. From the moment you walk in you are well looked after. The facilities are great: beautiful garden, good size pool and deck chairs. My husband and I stayed at this hotel while we were visiting Rome while planning our August wedding.
The hotel is located near villa borghese and has a free shuttle service to Spanish steps.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese last summer. I am glad you appreciated the time spent with us and the facilities of our hotel.

Again, thank you for your words I look forward to have the pleasure of welcomig you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese very soon. Please consider all of us at your complete disposal for any assistance you may require in order to reserve a room at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just returned from a five day trip to Rome staying at the Aldrovandia. The service was great The hotel is fantastic, highly recomend staying here. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom very luxurious. Staff very very friendly. Did not see any kids while we were had no problem with noise from other rooms (we were so tired after sightseeing all day). Great service. we did not have dinner in the hotel as we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle serice to the Spanish Steps and ate out in the city.We will certainly be visiting this hotel again. Out in the greenery just a short ride to the attractions of Rome. rome is such a beaytiful city and the hotel added a lot to this feeling

Room Tip: we stayed on third floor facing the swimming pool was great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilana2207
Valued Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your enthusiastic words about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to read that everything, from our location to the breakfast served in the morning and the service delivered by our staff met your expectations.

I am also delighted to learn that you wish to visit the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese again in the near future, at this regard please consider myself and all of the Aldrovandi Team at your complete disposal for any kind of assistance you might require.