1,475 results
All reviewsvilla borghesespanish stepsleading hotels of the worldshuttle serviceswimming poolbeautiful hotelfree shuttlegarden viewhotel shuttlefive star hotelturn down servicedeluxe roomsight seeingbreakfast buffet ispiazza di spagnathe hotel offersvia veneto
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just stayed for 6 nights at the Aldrovandi. Found the service impeccable and the feel of the property elegant and "aged nicely". Aldrovandi is a little out of the way just north of Villa Borghese. This was a feature for my wife and I as the park is a great place for a walk or a morning jog. I intercepted an organized 10K on my Saturday run and enjoyed the company. We visited off-season and took advantage of a paid in advance lower tariff and were upgraded by the hotel on arrival nonetheless. Very comfortable. The hotel gym is small but has newish equipment. Onsite food service is excellent but expensive. There is a "3" and "19" tram that stops in front of the hotel. We bought a 7 day pass and used the tram to get to the Colosseum area (3), and the Piazza de Populo (19) area regularly. The hotel shuttle also gets you to Spagna very easily. Wonderful visit - we'd stay again.

Room Tip: We requested and were given a room facing the garden/pool. It was very quiet for the most part. On Friday evening there was loud music playing till around midnight. Otherwise no issues.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gosaka
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have been staying at Aldrovandi for more than 10 years every time we are in Roma. Just a lovely, comfortable hotel. The service is fantastic. The rooms are large with large windows. Ask for a room facing the garden as it is really quiet. The bathrooms are spacious and modern. Nightly turn down service is great as they provide fresh towels if needed. The buffet breakfast is one if the best. Every time we come here, we feel right at home. Mario is especially fantastic and is extremely helpful. He always makes us feel special. We understand the hotel will be closed starting in Dec until March. How sad!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chiili
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese .this past summer. We all enjoyed our stay at the hotel immensely. We had four rooms and all of the rooms were lovely. The hotel is very beautiful and spacious. The food was delicious at the hotel and we highly recommend including the breakfast plan as part of the hotel package fee. Returning to the swimming pool and outdoor area at the end of a long and hot touring day was a very welcome and special treat . The hotel is situated on the north end of the Borghese Gardens and we utilized the free Mercedes van shuttle service that the hotel provided daily to the conveniently located Spanish Steps.. I do suggest that you book a reservation for the shuttle at the front desk in advance, so that you can be assured a space in the van. Being situated a short distance away from the center of town was relaxing and desirable. We visited other hotels in the area and found this one to be one of the most beautiful. The concierge and staff were very friendly and helpful and spent much time advising us on how to schedule our touring days.In particular, Alessio, a member of the concierge staff, was especially nice and a pleasure to deal with. We look forward to returning to Rome and we will certainly stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on our next visit there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Valued Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your positive comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for your nice words, I truly appreciate it. I will definitely share your kind words with all of the team here at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and one of our Concierges, Alessio, who you kindly mentioned. I am sure they will appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to read you wish to come back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I would be pleased to assist you and welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is behind Villa Borghese and beside the rather busy Via Ulisse Aldrovandi. So during the day there are a constant stream of cars, motorscooters and trams passing in front of it, making the rooms facing Via Ulisse Aldrovandi quite noisy. During the night, the problem becomes less serious so you might have a chance to fall into an OK sleep, but around 6 or 7 in the morning the hustle-bustles just come back again. Require a quieter room when booking.

Other than this, the hotel's still got a lot of charms. The elegant lobby, shuttle bus to the Spanish steps (because it's not a too short walk on foot), friendly staff, swimming pool, simple but essential meeting rooms (decor a bit run-down though) and breakfast of the same nature. And the Oliver Glowig restaurant, where the head chef is said to have earned 2 Michelin stars before.

There are two nearby museums to visit, the Modern Art Museum and the rather curious National Etruscan Museum that is about 15 mins walk away. See the gorgeous Spouse's Coffin there, a true ancient masterpiece from even before the Roman era!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the Via Ulisse Aldrovandi
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fredosophy

Valued Guest

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I am delighted on one side to read about the pleasant experience you had during your stay with us, thank you for the nice words about the beauty and class of our hotel, I am definitely grateful for your words of appreciation and that you enjoyed the level of service we devotedly deliver.

On the other end, I am sorry you could not fully enjoy you stay because of the noise coming from outside your room, as a matter of fact our hotel offers a choice of rooms overlooking Villa Borghese – which might have been the case of your room – or overlooking the garden and pool and that also depends on the category of the room itself.

It is always our mission to make sure all of our guests receive the best room according to their wishes and requests, therefore I would be delighted if you could contact me directly should you be travelling to Rome again the near future in order to supervise the room allocation for you assigning a quieter one.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Spend 3 nights here with my husband, to exlore Rome and have a little rest too. Reason to choose this hotel was the Park close by. September is pretty hot in Rome ( it was almost 30 degrees) and the pool and the park and the image of a peacuful hotel away from the hectic city were reasons to choose this hotel. There is lovely park close by, with lot to see, and nice place to just wander around. Our room was with doublebed facing to pool, and nothing special for that price, around 200 eur a night, but it was worth the money and convenient. Breakfast was allright, with usual variety of scrambled eggs, bacon, bread, yoghurt, fresh juices, cakes, fresh fruits. And something italian was included too to my delight: very tasty salty salmon, or some other fish (I did not recognise), tomatoes and mozzarella. And there was champagne too, which is not that usual.
Service at the reception was secure, quick and precise. And very important thing is to know, that you get a free shuttle bus (minivan) to the stairs of Spagna every hour forth and back until 10 in the evening. It was very nice and convenient to hop in the car after strolling all day around amazing Rome. Our stay was delightful, and we had wonderful time in Rome in our get away vacation from children and work. We would like to return, and there is so much to experience in lovely Rome. And we had no time to freshen up in the pool cause all beautiful historic sights were so appealing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank nappinena

Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am also delighted you enjoyed the breakfast service in the morning, I believe this is a perfect way to start the day – always, but particularly when on holidays - and we do love to improve our daily breakfast from time to time adding new components, special food, or type of bread or healthy amenities which may cherish the morning of our guests. The unique location of our hotel and the convenience of the complimentary car to the Spanish Steps simply add that special touch to spoil our guests.

Since you could not enjoy the beauty of our outdoor pool in the garden, I look forward to welcoming you very soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I am sure next spring and summer will be the perfect moment to appreciate this side of our hotel and chill out your day at the poolside. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to visit Rome again soon, I will be pleased to assist you again.