1,475 results
All reviewsvilla borghesespanish stepsleading hotels of the worldshuttle serviceswimming poolbeautiful hotelfree shuttlegarden viewhotel shuttlefive star hotelturn down servicedeluxe roomsight seeingbreakfast buffet ispiazza di spagnathe hotel offersvia veneto
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, the wait staff made us feel like we were home,
the food was terrific and the presentation of the smallest things (a plate of apples on a silver pedestal) was done with care.

Lovely, not too big but quite comfortable and close to Roman attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at the Aldrovandi for 3 days. Nice hotel overall - lobby area is nice with fresh flowers. Most personnel are welcoming and competent (one of the concierge was somewhat arrogant but it may just be an Italian attitude). Location is OK too - outside the city centre but not necessarily a bad thing.

Two major major flaws for a 5-star hotel:

1) There are no ironing machines! Some ludicrous claim that they aren't allowed to have them (not even in a separate room, which some hotels at least offer). Instead, prepare to pay an outrageous €15 to iron a single shirt.

2) I asked for a quiet room, which was duly delivered. But the room was literally shaking every 15 minutes or so! I informed the hotel lobby, who feigned ignorance. Unacceptable to offer such rooms for a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Paradectral A
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your comment, I am glad you appreciated your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, but I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise if, for the reasons produced below, your stay was not as expected.

I would like to go into more details now about the issues you highlighted and dedicate more time to the matters. As for the ironing machines, I appreciate your reasons but I need to point out that, as every deluxe hotels of our category, the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese do not provide ironing boards and ironing machines inside the rooms. This is a standard also required by The Leading Hotels of the World which expects that the ironing service would be provided by the hotel loundry&ironing department.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience experienced in your room. I am extremely sorry about the situation described, particularly considering this is the first time something of that sort is brought to our attention, being the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese – on the contrary - renowned for its tranquillity and peaceful atmosphere and environment, due to its location out of the busiest streets of Rome.
Nevertheless, I will go for sure into more details and investigate further the room’s features assigned to you, in order to revert any flows if and when necessary, thank you for informing us. Moreover, it is my intention to investigate further the front office attitude on this occasion, since it is unacceptable that no appropriate assistance was offered after your complaint although during your stay the hotel was fully booked and was unfortunately not possible to offer an alternative accommodation, fact that needed to be communicate in a proper manner, apologies for this lack of service.

I would be delighted to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in order to supervise the accommodation assignment and possibly contribute to make your next stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese fully enjoyable and pleasant. To that end, please feel free to contact me directly, I will be glad to assist you again.

Warmest Regards,

Ugo Ossani

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just stayed for 6 nights at the Aldrovandi. Found the service impeccable and the feel of the property elegant and "aged nicely". Aldrovandi is a little out of the way just north of Villa Borghese. This was a feature for my wife and I as the park is a great place for a walk or a morning jog. I intercepted an organized 10K on my Saturday run and enjoyed the company. We visited off-season and took advantage of a paid in advance lower tariff and were upgraded by the hotel on arrival nonetheless. Very comfortable. The hotel gym is small but has newish equipment. Onsite food service is excellent but expensive. There is a "3" and "19" tram that stops in front of the hotel. We bought a 7 day pass and used the tram to get to the Colosseum area (3), and the Piazza de Populo (19) area regularly. The hotel shuttle also gets you to Spagna very easily. Wonderful visit - we'd stay again.

Room Tip: We requested and were given a room facing the garden/pool. It was very quiet for the most part. On Friday evening there was loud music playing till around midnight. Otherwise no issues.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gosaka
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have been staying at Aldrovandi for more than 10 years every time we are in Roma. Just a lovely, comfortable hotel. The service is fantastic. The rooms are large with large windows. Ask for a room facing the garden as it is really quiet. The bathrooms are spacious and modern. Nightly turn down service is great as they provide fresh towels if needed. The buffet breakfast is one if the best. Every time we come here, we feel right at home. Mario is especially fantastic and is extremely helpful. He always makes us feel special. We understand the hotel will be closed starting in Dec until March. How sad!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chiili
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese .this past summer. We all enjoyed our stay at the hotel immensely. We had four rooms and all of the rooms were lovely. The hotel is very beautiful and spacious. The food was delicious at the hotel and we highly recommend including the breakfast plan as part of the hotel package fee. Returning to the swimming pool and outdoor area at the end of a long and hot touring day was a very welcome and special treat . The hotel is situated on the north end of the Borghese Gardens and we utilized the free Mercedes van shuttle service that the hotel provided daily to the conveniently located Spanish Steps.. I do suggest that you book a reservation for the shuttle at the front desk in advance, so that you can be assured a space in the van. Being situated a short distance away from the center of town was relaxing and desirable. We visited other hotels in the area and found this one to be one of the most beautiful. The concierge and staff were very friendly and helpful and spent much time advising us on how to schedule our touring days.In particular, Alessio, a member of the concierge staff, was especially nice and a pleasure to deal with. We look forward to returning to Rome and we will certainly stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on our next visit there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Valued Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your positive comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for your nice words, I truly appreciate it. I will definitely share your kind words with all of the team here at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and one of our Concierges, Alessio, who you kindly mentioned. I am sure they will appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to read you wish to come back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I would be pleased to assist you and welcome you again soon.

Warmest Regards,