My daughter and I have just spent 4 wonderful nights in this beautiful hotel in Rome.
Our twin room and en-suite were lovely - nicely decorated and furnished, clean and comfortable.
The service we received from all the Hotel staff was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome by every staff member. They were pleasant, cheerful and most helpful in giving useful information to enable us as new visitors to Rome to enjoy our visit.
We found the location ideal for our stay as the Hotel is not situated in the noisy city centre, although still convenient for all we wanted to see.
The weather was good so we could enjoy a walk through the park opposite the Hotel into the capital centre - 25 minutes - and we also used the courtesy car service each day - taking 10 minutes - which was frequent and prompt, running at regular intervals to and back from the centre all day until late evening.
The breakfast was delicious with a good selection and variety of both cooked dishes and cold
meats, cheese, rolls and pastries. Although it is a help yourself buffet the staff frequently served us juice and coffee and looked after our table. The food dishes on the huge breakfast table were regularly refilled.
We also enjoyed two evening meals in the bar grill area both with excellent service.
Drinks are served with several complimentary bowls of pistachio, olives etc.in a relaxing atmosphere.
We found there were plenty of staff available to look after you in every part of the hotel.
Altogether I recommend the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese as a wonderful place to stay in Rome - Thank you to all the staff for looking after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its MYTHA SPA state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the one -Michelin-star restaurant Assaje, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome