We stayed here for a couple of nights following a cruise. Our room was not ready when we arrived but was soon made available. The staff and helpful, especially the concierge and the reception people. The rooms are kept to a high standard although I did notice some black mould around the edge of the bath and tiles in our room.
I would not recommend eating at the grill poolside on the lower level. The service is slow and the prices are high and the quality is not very good or attractively presented. We had better meals outside the hotel.
Rome was very hot and it was excellent to be able to come back to the hotel and lay on a sunbed by the pool and also enjoy the swimming pool. Towels are provided.
We were on the top floor at the front so we were not too disturbed by the noise of the traffic. However, I was awoken by the peacocks calling in the early morning.
Breakfast was a different matter. A very good selection, including sparking wine. Plenty of fresh fruit and also cooked food and the plates were warmed. A nice touch. Service was also a little slow in the breakfast room when ordering tea or coffee, everything else was self service. The setting for the breakfast room is good as it overlooks the garden at the back.
It is a nuisance than when you leave your room the electricity goes off but this is quite common in a lot of hotels. It might be worth seeing whether you can remove the charging key from the keyring so that you can leave it in when you leave the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome