We are currently staying here, and while I never review things, I felt the need to post a review of this hotel asap.
We’ve stayed in 5 star (and higher) hotels all over the world. This is a nice place and most of the staff is nice enough, but it seems they gouge you everywhere they can. I’ve never felt so overcharged and taken advantage of as I have here. It’s not located very close to restaurants, cafes or anything else, so unless you are gone for the whole day, you don’t have much choice but to pay the exorbitant prices. And the service or quality of the food and drinks do not come close to trying to justify the costs.
We went to the pool and it took 10 min for someone to come take our order, not a huge deal, but then it took 25 min for our 4 basic drinks to arrive - with a $75 bill!! And 2 of them were virgin drinks! I was shocked.
We then go back to the room to order room service for dinner and find that they charge 10 euros per person just to deliver to the room! I’ve never seen such a ridiculous charge in all my travels. An 18% service fee would have been cheaper!
We had also paid for the breakfast buffet as part of our stay, and one morning my husband wasn’t feeling well, so I asked the staff if I could bring him something back. They said sure no problem, we’ll bring it to you in the room. And they sure did, 1 omelette, a coffee and an orange juice, with a 35 euro bill! Had I known that I certainly wouldn’t have asked for it.
At a 5 star hotel I expect the prices to be high, but this has been ridiculous.
If you will only be here to sleep, fine, it’s a nice quiet place with comfortable rooms, but for anything beyond that you may be quite disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome