“Karen's 40th Birthday”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #63 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The hotel was fantastic. Extremely high quality service and accommodation. We ate in the Michelin starred restaurant in the hotel which was fabulous. Even our handbags got stools!!! The restaurant was extremely expensive but both the food and service were exceptional. A wonderful place to stay but only for very special occasions.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 August 2009

Hotel Aldrovandi is a classic luxury hotel and we tend more to book contemporary hotels when we travel. But this time we booked our flights one day prior to departure to escape the Norwegian summer (or the lack of it…) and we wanted a hotel with an outdoor pool, so we ended up here.
We booked a standard double at 250 Euro per night, not bad at all considering that this was during peak season. They upgraded us to a deluxe room that was newly refurbished and spacious. There was a tv in the bathroom and the interior was “classical” boring.
Great service minded staff that helped out with restaurant reservations and there was a free shuttle bus to the Spanish steps from the hotel. Due to its location outside Villa Borghese you need to take a cab to most destinations (or the shuttle bus).

Breakfast was traditional and ok, again great service. The hotel is also the home of restaurant “Baby” who had one or two Michelin stars. We didn’t eat there but the menu looked great.
The real star of the hotel is the pool area. A large pool with plenty of sun beds. Rome in July is HOT so we went sightseeing in the morning and spent the rest of the day by the pool. The only downside was the water prices! They have VOSS, Fiji, San Pellegrino and a few others, all cost 9 EUR a bottle. No cheaper options was available. So to prevent dehydration is expensive at the Aldrovandi!

All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would consider staying there again if we visit Rome during summer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2009

There will always be someone with a complaint, you simply can't please all of the people all of the time, but please ignore their reviews!
This is the most wonderful hotel, with the most helpful, sincere staff I have ever visited and I have traveled around the world a bit.
Mario at the front desk is a gem! Anything I needed was within the possibilities. I have been very ill for the past few years so I needed his help often and he was very patient each and every time I spoke with him. I needed a private tour of the Vatican but I could only do 2 hours, (most minimums are 3 hours) and he found me a wonderful guide who tailored my trip for my daughter and me.
The elevator was on the fritz for a bit and when I told them of it, he said, "Madam, why didn't you call me, I would have come for you'...does it get any better than that?
Although I didn't appreciate one of the wait staff being in my room while the Do Not Disturb sign was on, I was gifted with a beautiful tray of fruits to keep me happy. (I'm severely hypoglycemic so food is a very important part of my trip) Nothing was taken but my tray of breads on my bedside table so the staff apologized and explained that it was taken because it was stale, true but I need to keep food handy!
Even the bellmen were wonderful, courteous and kind.
The rooms were immaculate, the turn down service divine, the free breakfast would please anyone.
No, it's not as close to the sites as some hotels are, but it's quiet here too and a courtesy car is provided to the Spanish Steps every 30 minutes. The bellmen will call you a taxi, see you seated and offer water while you wait. Not close for me, I am unable to walk that far but to Europeans, it's a short distance, please remember that they walk everywhere because it's safe to do so.
Beautifully furnished rooms, individual climate control and one of the best hotels in the world. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Recently coming back from a wonderful sunny weekend in Rome we truly enjoyed our stay at the Aldrovandi Palace. From our arrival to our departure, the facilities and service were top notch. Even though the hotel was busy, we always felt very well taking care off. Most of the staff was multi-lingual and the complimentary shuttle service to Piazza Spagna was excellent. It definitely compensated the fact that the hotel was a little off city center. The pool was a wonderful addition and much needed after a long day visiting Rome and breath taking sites. A great experience for first time visitors.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
aldrovandipalace, Executive Director at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2009

Dear Sir, Dear Madame

Thank Your excellent feedback!

We are very glad You had a great experience with us at the Aldrovandi Palace Villa Borghese.

Reviewed 26 July 2009

the hotel itself is really a luxury hotel but there were too many things that were unacceptable: I booked a deluxe room on a high floor with pool view but got a superior room on the first floor with view on the car parking area, the TV in my room although branded Bang and Olufson did not work, the yogurt offered at the breakfast buffet was expired....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mxpcgn
aldrovandipalace, Executive Director at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2009

Dear Sir, Dear Madame

Please accept our apologies for not been able to fulfill Your expectation.

The experience described is certainly not indicative of our regular performance and high level of standards.

Please come to visit us again and we will make sure You will truly enjoy Your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

We stayed four nights at the Aldrovandi Palace. The first inconvenience was that Booking had not sent our reservation to the hotel. Luckily, a room was available. The hotel was nice, the service very good, the shuttle to Piazza Spagna very convenient. The only regret was the price of the Internet connection: 22 euros per day. Of course you also had the opportunity to use it by hour at the price of 10 euros/hour!!!
We will not stay again in a hotel that charged that much for Internet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir, Dear Madame

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for not been able to fulfil Your expectation.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel in April for 3 nights, i brought my mam away on a weekend and we had a wonderful stay, the hotel is really beautiful, taff are amazing, especially the breakfast staff who really are very attentive, we also had a meal at their restaurant "baby", which was a wonderful experience, a bit pricey but i taught worth it, the only downside for some people might be that its not very central, its about a 20 mins walk to main areas, but i did not mind this at all especially for anyone going in the summer as they have a pool so you could chill ter a long day sightseeing and they also have a free shuttle to spanish steps, also make sure you book romecabs, what a great service very professional to collect you from airport.

• Stayed: April 2009

Dear Sir, Dear Madame

Thank you for the positive review about the Aldrovandi Palace Villa Borghese!

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the experience in our Michelin-starred restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming You back on your next trip to the Eternal City.