We chose 3 nights at Aldrovandi Palace as our Roman Honeymoon stay prior to our Cruise to Athens. The hotel is located in the north end of Villa Borghese away from hustle-bustle part of the city and that promises a relaxing, tranquil, surrounded by beautiful green environment. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a Garden View room as soon as the front desk found out that we were on honeymoon. We explored the Spanish Steps area since our assigned room was not ready; what a surprise that a chilled bottle of bubbly and cookies awaited us in our room! The room was nice size for two of us with high ceiling overlooking the garden and the pool. We didn't feel congested at all. A typical two-singles-put-together King size bed (standard for any European hotel) and a well-lit full bathroom. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, so be sure to include it when booking. The lobby bar serves food even after midnight. The hotel shuttle van runs every 30 min. to the Spanish Steps except between 1300-1400 hours. Reserve your return seat to the hotel especially at night since many guests tend to show up late night at the pickup point, and the van can only hold 8 passengers. We walked everywhere right thouth the Villa Borghese even late night and discovered so many beautiful spots overlooking the city. It's a nice 20 min. walk crossing the Villa. We only used taxi to the Vatican (about 12 Euro). We purposely walked to enjoy everything about Rome on foot and enjoyed side-tracking. Bring a good pair of walking shoes to walk on many uneven serface and hills. If you enjoy walking around the town, this hotel is a truly wonderful place to stay. We are so glad that we chose Aldrovandi Palace and planning on another stay in the future. We highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome