First of all, I disagree with many of the things the dubai reviewer said about this hotel. It sounds like this reviewer has never been to places like New York City, where smallish rooms are the norm. We thought the hotel was very beautiful and our rooms were lovely. It is definitely worth it to ask for a room facing the pool/courtyard as the main road is right at the front of the hotel. It is a very expensive, old-school elegance hotel - much like the Del Coronado in California (which also has very small rooms, BTW). If you stay at a place like this, you can expect to pay a lot for everything. While we weren't exactly charging up the pool drinks and room service because of this, we still really enjoyed the beauty and elegance of the hotel. We thought the staff was very friendly, especially the doormen. The front desk staff is a little more reserved but also very helpful. The location of this hotel is the biggest downside - you can't really walk anywhere from here. If you need to find a store, take a left from the front entrance and follow the train tracks until you reach civilization - my husband and I found a great grocery store finally so we could have some snacks in our room one day. However, if I were you, I would pick up what you need before you return to the hotel. The shuttle is a nice amenity - you have to reserve your space so be prepared to take cabs if you can't get on one and are ready to go somewhere. I would recommend this hotel, but would not stay there again ONLY because of the location. It would be more fun to be on the Via Venetta or other place within close walking of Spanish steps or at least a subway stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome