“Sofitel hit it out of the park”

Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Ranked #87 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I normally I don't stay at Sofitel hotel because I had a bad experience a long time ago but I now will reconsider this luxury chain again if they match the quality of service I received here! I My assistant made my reservation and once she told me I freaked out on her. I was in Europe working flying from Moscow to Zurich and last minute plans changed and I need to go to Rome , I didn't know where I was going to stay until I landed and boy was I upset but soon after that it changed to happiness. My room was great, location great, food great and most important to me service was spectacular !! I will def. be back here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Knicpo
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese and thank you very much for the positive review of our hotel. I am as well so proud that your stay in Rome gave you the opportunity to reconsider your opinion about the whole chain.

It is for me and for all my Ambassadors a great pleasure to hear how happy are our guests when they stay with us.
I will share your kind words about the nice service you received, with all of them and I am sure they will really appreciate your comment.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in near future.

General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had a perfect stay. Rooms were in perfect condition, and appeared to have been renovated very recently. We received great service by all staff, spoke English we'll. I will definitely stay here again. Also, close walk to many sights,restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: We had two rooms on 4th floor, both excellent condition and pretty large for a property in an older...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DougScottsdale_AZ

Dear Guest,

I am extremely thankful to you for pointing your stay at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese out as a perfect one! This means a lot to the whole Ambassadors that work every day very hard to reach the goal of the guests' satisfaction.It is extremely rewarding for the team to get such gratitude from our guests.

I thank you as well for underline the good conditon of the room and to appreciate your redecorated and renovate room. This is our "Natural chic style" and we are very happy that it liked you!

I will share your nice comments with all the Ambassadors and we all look forward to welcoming you in the "eternal city" in the very next future.

Best regards

Lauren Hudry

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with my family. We booked 3 triple deluxe room.

Before we arrived I corresponded with the personnel through email which they are helpful and patiently reply to my queries.

The concierge was also helpful and patient in answering many questions.

Upon arrival, check in was quick and no fuss and staffs very courteous.

About the hotel, the elevators are quite tiny but then since many of the buildings in Rome is "old", so
i guess they can't do much about it.

The decor was classical. The deluxe rooms are adequately sized and comfortable for 3 persons or 2 adults and 2 children. Wifi was free but buffet breakfast was euro 30 per person but children eat for free if accompanied by adults. The menu was the same everyday (we ate for 3 consecutive days there).

We requested for 3 separated beds but was given a King and an extra beds. That was no big deal though some of you might want to know.

I think there was a mixed up in our check out dates but they were courteous enough to call us up and reconfirm instead of packing up our things and leave it outside.

The concierge are also very helpful and courteous.

The location was quite near the Spanish steps shopping area (about 10-15mins walk) but not that near to be noisy or traffic. There's also plenty of eateries or restaurant nearby.

Overall, I had a great time staying there and am very happy with how the staffs treated us. Believe me, I have encountered racist Europeans against Asians while traveling).

I would definitely recommend friends to stay there or return to stay there if I go to Rome again.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SeaShellsManila

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Rome!

Thank you for mentioning the kindness and helpfulness of our Ambassadors, your kind words are for all of us the nicest recompense to our daily job.
We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guests satisfaction.

We appreciate as well you pointing out the central an quite location of the hotel, in the city centre but away from caos and traffic.

We thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Sofitel was such a 5 star hotel with the most amazing staff. I cant say enough about the front desk, the concierge, the door men, everyone. They handled all our needs and set us up from beginning to end. They arranged private tour guides for each day for us, recommended perfect restaurants, made out daughter feel so special that she was anxious to get down stairs to see Luigi every morning. While the rooms are not big, the triple room was a perfect set up for us

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RSDriscoll

Dear Guest,

It is so pleasant to read such positive feedbacks as yours!

It was nice to hear that all the Ambassodors and the service in general exceeded your expectations.

Everybody works exceptionally hard to make sure that every guest feels special .We do our utmost to enchant our guests and I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim. or this reason, we are very proud to read that your daughter felt so special stayng with us, kids are for all of us "special guests"!
We will share your nice comemnts with all the Ambassadors and with Luigi.With your words you made his day!

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the very next future.

Best Regards

General Hudry

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just got back from a 3 night trip in Rome, where my OH booked the Sofitel for my birthday.

From the moment we checked in we were warmly greeted and had service which was second to none, and as it was my birthday we were even upgraded to a executive room. Having never visited Rome before we were given excellent advice on where to eat and what to visit seeing as we were short on time

The room was fantastic and of a great size, all members of staff were extremely helpful and polite.

The upstairs terrace (7th floor) has absolutely gorgeous views

Its safe to say I'll be staying in other Sofitel hotels around the world if the standard was like this.

Hats off to all members of staff there!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RTraveller17
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I could not feel prouder of my whole team when reading your feedback. It is such a praise to our high standards of service. Thank you so much for mentioning it.

Indeed we pay special attention into details which are not as a matter of fact. Everything is important when you are away from home.

We were delighted to provide you with our undivided attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you a fabulous New Year 2014 full of happiness!

Best regards.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights before going on a cruise. The hotel is in a quite location, and close to everything. The room we booked was perfect. Balcony with views the room large for European standards.
Everything was just as you would expect from Sofitel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelin45

Dear Guest,

I thank you for praising Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese! It is always a pleasure to hear how happy are our guests when they stay with us!

We put a lot into satisfying all of our guests and we do it in a genuine way.

We then look forward to welcoming you and wish you a wonderful year 2014 full of happiness!

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 18 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Nick C
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013