Hotel Splendide Royal
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
1,470 results
All reviewsmirabelle restaurantvia venetoborghese gardensspanish stepsbeautiful hoteljunior suitebreakfast roomharry's bartop floorsister hotelmarble bathroomfive star hotelhighly recommend this hotelst peterstrevi fountainquiet locationaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2008

My wife and I were visiting Rome as part on my 40th birthday celebration. As part of this celebration, we spent two nights at the Hotel Splendide Royal (Room 201). Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The hotel is within a short taxi ride from the main train station (Roma Termini). It is located in a quiet part of town directly across from the Borghese Gardens. The hotel is also home to the Michelin starred restaurant Mirabelle (located on the rooftop with inside and outside terrace seating). We arrived at the hotel around noon. Checking in was pleasant, convenient, & our room was already prepared for us. The room was nice - very good size room, spacious & clean bathroom, courtyard view. The room was very quiet so we were able to sleep very well (during both the day - jetlag - and during the evening). Strangely, though, the bed was really uncomfortable - as if the mattress had been replaced by a box spring (not a huge issue - just strange for the quality of the hotel). Our room rate included breakfast so both mornings we made our way to the 6th floor dining room for breakfast. The dining room was very nice and bright - filled with natural light. The food was good and well presented. The restaurant serving staff were very professional as well. One tip regarding breakfast - try to avoid a table in the center of the restaurant (close to the buffet). The floor is very unstable around the buffet so every time anyone walks towards or around the buffet the people seated in the center of the room have to hold onto coffee cups and juice glasses to avoid having them spill (not a big deal as we were able to have a really good laugh over how much our table shook & how much coffee spilled during our meal). On the second morning, we sat around the outside of the room and everything was fine. We didn't eat at Mirabelle, but we did have drinks there twice. Once in the afternoon and once in the evening. The drinks were pricey (as are all drink prices in sit down restaurants in Rome), but well worth experiencing the view. On the second day of our stay the television in the room failed, but the repair staff promptly repaired it (within 45 minutes). My wife and I would definitely recommend staying at the Hotel Splendide Royal.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert N
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I also got an upgrade to a huge deluxe room upon check in. I booked with American Express, but I am also a member of the "I Prefer" program through Preferred Hotels (which this property belongs to).

Whatever it was, the room was amazing!! Huge, by any standards, but especially Rome, with a view of the Borghese Gardens. I've stayed at the Eden before and this was comparable in every way.

I initally checked in with my boyfriend for 3 nights but our plans changed such that he had to go to Tuscany and I opted to stay in Rome for another 3 nights. The only thing I would comment on is that the staff was MUCH friendlier to me when my boyfriend was with me. I wasn't greeted or acknowledged when I stayed by myself. It seemed a bit odd to me.

The staff was very accommodating whenever we approached them with a question. They recommended a great pizza place called San Marco, near the hotel, that we enjoyed. And they arranged a private car to take me to FCO. It's about 20 euros more than a taxi, but it's very swanky and I thought it was well worth the money. I'd recommend this property!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2008

My girlfriend and I just spent a fabulous weekend at the Splendide Royal Hotel in Rome from 25-28 September. We opted for the limo service to collect us from the airport and arrived suitably chilled at the hotel in an E class Merc. On arrival, we were pleased to find out we had been upgraded for free to a Deluxe room. Our bags were taken to the room whilst we checked in at reception with the friendly receptionist (incidentally he remembered my name the next time we saw him - a nice touch).
The room was opulently decorated in traditional style, with a couple of lovely comfy armchairs and a huge bed. The bathroom had his and hers basins and a superb over bath shower. This place oozes quality (it's not cheap but you get what you pay for!), and the attention to detail and service from the friendly staff is second to none. It is a 5 star hotel, but not pretentious or overly formal in any way. Breakfast was included in the room price, and this was also excellent, being taken in the terrace restaurant on the 6th floor.
Since we were celebrating our engagement, my fiance and I went to the Girrarosto Fiorentino restaurant nearby (as recommended by the hotel), and this is also highly recommended.
Wow!! I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a quality, indulgent weekend in Rome with the one you love. Priceless!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2008

From Check-in to Checkout this place is always amazing. If you have the money you should really stay here. Everyone is always cordial and professional. You never see anyone not smiling at you or forgetting to greet you. I would suggest a suite with a terrace if you are there while the weather is pleasant. The views are breathtaking. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spotless , spacious and comfortable. I never wanted to leave.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Luxury, luxury, luxury! Just loved it! We had a junior suite with a huge terrace with panoramic view over the Villa Borghese - fantastic! The walls are completely soundproof!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple