“SPLENDID”

Hotel Splendide Royal
Ranked #58 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Could not have picked a better hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, always available for information and assistance.
Lovely suprise putting champagne, birthday cake and flowers in our room for wifes birthday.
Had magnificient dinner in Mirabelle restaurant and again staff sang happy birthday.Stayed four nights.
A most wonderful and SPLENDID(E) occasion, one to be treasured.
Thank you to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed in this hotel in January, what should i say we enjoyed this hotel very much. We arrived early in the morning and was expected to wait for our room for minimum 2 hours, however the reception staff gave us a room just in 20 minutes from the arrival and has offered to us also a very good, really italian espresso. The room that we had was very nice and as a size was a bit bigger respect of the room in which we stayed last year in another hotel in Rome. The housekeeping was excellent and cleaned our room in any time we was need it. I should not tell anything about the restaurant as no word could explain the breathtaking view from it's terrace. So in few wards, thank you very much Splendide for this beautiful holidays in rome for me and my husband .

P.S. Anastasia and Jonathan thank you again a lot for all your assistance during our stay

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Given the array of 4 & 5 star hotels in Rome you could spend days reading reviews and looking at websites . However we eventually plumped for the Splendide Royal. This seemed perfect for us as my wife had stayed in the nearby Sofitel a couple of years ago and liked the location in the Via Veneto area. A quieter ,elevated part of town Only 10 minutes walk to The Spanish Steps and a little longer to the Piazza Del Popolo, close to the pretty Villa Borghese Gardens. We had booked four weekday nights a superior room with breakfast included for a competitive price. The hotel is not large, having a couple of communal rooms near to the lobby and a small IT area close to reception.Our 2nd floor room itself was good and as you'd expect for this type of hotel . One or two signs of wear in the bathroom , hall light switches and a lack of extra sockets for phone charging etc. would be my only gripes here. We knew we would not have a view given the room choice we made and this was so. Otherwise we were happy and I have to say the housekeeping was excellent. Breakfasts were buffet style on the on the 6th floor with a bewildering chioce .As the hotel was quiet we had a magnificent window seat every morning with stunning views toward St. Peters and Villa Medici. I did ask if there was a bar and took myself upto the 7th floor one afternoon only to find a small seated area adjacent to the rather stunning restaurant , not quite what I expected but nevertheless very pleasant. Overall a very good hotel & no hotel is perfect ,so if you wanted to know if you should book this or not, I would say yes, but if you can push your budget to one ...Get a room with a view.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We went to Rome to visit our son who was there for a semester abroad. This was a very special family vacation so I wanted our hotel to be extraordinary. Hotel Splendide Royal exceeded my expectations in every way. The service was impeccable. Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, helpful and they made you feel that you were at home in a foreign country. We had a junior suite that was outstanding. I am an interior designer and am not easily pleased with hotel decor. This suite was tasteful, beautiful, spacious with luxurious linens, a fabulous terrace and lovely views of the Borghese Gardens. The lobby and public rooms were gorgeous as well. Even the elevators were stunning! The location was superb. Lovely neighborhood shops. Close to Via Veneto and Spanish Steps. We did not eat at the restaurant but it looked absolutely gorgeous. I loved every single thing about this hotel but my favorite thing about Hotel Splendide was the splendide people who work at the front desk. I was very sad to say goodbye to them. I hope I get another opportunity to return to Rome and the Hotel Splendide. Thanks to them, our family had the vacation of a lifetime. Perfecto!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Defintaly got my money's worth on a 5-day stay in Splendide Royal. I was very surprised of how quiet the room was, slept extremely well. The hotel was 5-star quality.

The staff made an excellent impression by being helpful, polite but relaxed (in the good sense of the work). The restaurant is worth visiting, if only for a bottle of spumante!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2011

small room with a great bathroom, excellent breakfast, good staff the location is not to good is better in via veneto.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spaflorida
Totti5, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2011

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and for your appreciations in some aspects of your stay with us. Concerning the room size you have been probably assigned in a superior room which is our basic category and have size that start from 25 sqm (approx. 270 square feet), however our deluxe double room start from 32 sqm (345 square feet) which are generous sizes for Rome.
Regarding the location describing Via Veneto as a better location let us disagree, for the customer not familiar with Rome the Splendide is located within the same area (we are at less than 5 minutes walking distance from Via Veneto) with the plus to be in front of the Villa Borghese Gardens which give us the view of the green of the park (not available from most of the buildings of Via Veneto) especially from the deluxe double rooms and from the terrace of our junior suites, with also less traffic and confusion created by the larger street as Via Veneto is. Thank you for your attention and best regards.
The Guest Relations Department

Reviewed 31 December 2010

One expects certain levels of service at a 5 star hotel but the Hotel Splendide Royal exceeded all our expectations and hopes. The hotel itself was beautiful, and the Christmas decorations were wonderful. But the service from the hotel staff and particularly the Concierge was personal, professional and caring. For example, when my wife needed dental care, the concierge personally escorted my wife and I to a wonderful dentist. All the hotel staff were professional and courteousness and helpful. Restaurant recommendations and reservations were also made and confirmed with a printed map and directions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to experience service at its best and little found in most hotels today.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple