“Clean and comfortable, close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hiberia Hotel

Hiberia Hotel
Ranked #226 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
“Clean and comfortable, close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

An older style hotel but very comfortable and staff are very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and tourist attractions. A little noisy but all in all very good. The rooms are a very good size includes a fridge, safe and lots of space to hang your clothes.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sophie T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Terrible hotel, I stayed there for my honeymoon and I couldn't believe how bad it was after the money we paid. We have been travelling around Europe staying in nice hotels but this one was the exception.
They said room had air conditioner but it didn't. And the room felt like 40 degrees in a normal day in May.
Staff was not friendly at all and the hotel was dirty, also the room.
Breakfast was included but wS really bad food. I am use to it anything but I skipped breakfast on the second day because it was terrible.
They send us an email asking if we wanted to be picked up at airport for £105. I didn't even bother replied to the email. A taxi will cost you £48 and a private BMW £45. I took the Rome limousine service for £45 and couldn't believe the hotel was chagrin us £105.
They charge £10 euros for wi-fi for every laptop or mobile.
So far in my 30 years travelling this has been the most disgusting hotel. I have stayed in backpackers that were better than this place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andres A
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

we just return from this hotel and want to share that the hotel was great.
located in the center of the center. 5 minutes walking from fontana de trevi , from piiazza venezia and from the forum.
the staff was very gentle. especially Mr. Dino, which was very kind and helps us by directions, instructions, booking in places and even find a doctor for us due fever that my wife had in the middle of the trip. he is speaking a fluent english and have great values.
Tnx Dino for all your help. you really made our trip :)

Room Tip: view to the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizur2014
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great hotel, in a fantastic location right near the Trevi Fountain and the Coliseum also right near the train station, which was great for us as we caught the train from Venice to Rome, its about a 10 minute walk. Due to our train being 12pm until 6 am. We arrived at the hotel very early but were told we could still go for breakfast, which was great, and we knew that check in wasn't until 2. We then used the downstairs toilet facilities to freshen up, so we could head into Rome, as we were leaving to go out at about 8.30am, they told us they had prepared our room for us already, which was fantastic and we really appreciated this. Our room was very spacious and decorated beautifully with a queen size bed.

The staff were extremely polite and would go out of their way to help with anything, like directions, maps etc.

Breakfast was a cold and hot buffet breakfast, with the added bonus of fresh croissants, which were delicious.

all in all, this was a great hotel and I would visit here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank morgan p
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Clean hotel, bath/shower was excellent, double-glazed windows kept the room quiet at night. Very close to Trevi Fountain and the Colesseum. We took the 64 or 40 bus for 1.5 euros to the Vatican very easily. Stroll through the little streets between the hotel and the Colesseum near a university and find fun little cafes with great deals mid day, outdoor seating. No - not a view but very nice.
Breakfast is accessed from the hallway where the elevator is located - no need to go outside for the breakfast that comes with the room. It is open only for hotel guests in the morning. The restaurant is only accessed from the outside for lunch and dinner. We had pizza there one night and enjoyed it and the house wine. Breakfast was italian pastries, or breads, fruits, yogurt, cheese and cold meats, hot scrambled eggs with bacon and hot dog-like sausage. Coffee machine style coffee/latte/cappucino, etc, and tea bags available; juice machine. Help yourself it's plenty and lots of seating.
Great, friendly and helpful staff. The room we had #315 had extra space and was very comfortable.

Room Tip: We had #315 which was a Standard Double ensuite. On a corner it provided extra space in the bedroom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JSWeyek
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel with friendly staff. The room has everything we needed, including a separate area for the children. The hotel is close to many of the main sites including the Trivi Fountain, Colosseum and the main shopping areas. The hotel is a great base for a short stay. The breakfast is good with bacon, egg and hot dog sausages as well as bread, rolls, ham, cheese and pastries. Comfortable beds with clean crisp sheets and a hot shower is a relief after a long day of site seeing. The hotel is positioned in a great location but it is a little noise for people who live in the countryside, however this was not a problem after a long day of walking!

We have enjoyed our time in the Hiberia Hotel and would return. My ownly recommendation would be for you to bring a kettle for that late afternoon cuppa .

2 Thank lovetoroam12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I loved every minute of my experience in this hotel. My favorite part was the staff (which included Gisuppe, Claudio, Dino, and many others I dont remember). They were helpful and welcomed. Traveling alone I was scared but they made me feel real safe and let me know about the tours and directions to go anywhere. The room itself was very clean. One day I left really early and when I came back it was spotless which I was supprised because I didnt ask for it to be clean but loved that they did it. The location is perfect. I walked a lot of it and its like a 10 min walk to the Colosseum and the Trevi fountain. They also changed my dollars for euros which was very convinient. Next time I will get a room with a view, because my room faced the wall this time around but it was my fault because I did not pick it. I will defenitely return and bring some friends next time. ;)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo