“Good for a night or two”
Review of Priscilla Hotel

Priscilla Hotel
Ranked #1,041 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Townsville, Australia
“Good for a night or two”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Pretty basic but good sized rooms and bathroom. Pretty good location. Directly over the road there is a little hole in the wall which turned out to be a cozy little pub. Turned out to have heaps of atmosphere and was a great place to have a beer. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place for a place to stay for a couple or a few nights.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were lovely. BUT our room was reeeeeeally noisy. And the air con was preset to a really high temperature which was uncomfortable :( the windows weren't very thick so we heard a lot of the street noise (2 ambulances a night, a bus every half hour) which didn't make for a good sleep unfortunately. But the hotel was very well priced and clean and otherwise comfortable.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katesquared
Dublin
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago, was my second time. It is a bit out of the way, but needed a hotel in Rome for only one night.

Hotel is very clean and has everything you need. For the price, it is excellent value for money. If I am in Rome again, I will be staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keith19835
Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Me and my friends stayed at Priscilla Hotel for 5 nights in march 2012.
We choose this hotel after it was recomended by our travel agency and i have to say it was a very good choice.I don't know if there is a better hotel in Rome but Priscilla have everything : big and clean rooms, low prices and very good location. This hotel is near Piazza Fiume, from where you can take the bus to anywhere in Rome.
The staff at the reception is very kind and helpfull with every question you have about Rome.
Internet was 5 euro and works fine and signal was also good.
We have breakfast at this hotel and for us is ok, typical italian items and it can be busy after 8.00 so get up early in the morning.

About the city, i can only say that is the best city in world and prepare yourself for a trip filled with history.

We have an excellent experience at this hotel so i want to that the staff for a wonderful week in this beautiful city !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cristi M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Priscilla Hotel for 5 nights 25-30 JUNE 2012. After arriving on a long flight from South Africa and the airline loosing my luggage we were not in the best of moods.

The hotel was recomended by our travel agent back home, and I read the reviews online to see what we could expect. To our surprise we had a great room over looking the main street, housekeeping did a great job in servicing the room every day and the bathroom was in good condition. There were some scuff marks on the wall in the bedroom but was not un-sightly. The windows were soundproof to block out the noise and shutters to ensure you do not rise at 05h00 with the sun.

Reception assisted me thoughout our stay to locate my lost suitcase which finally arrived on our last day. Breakfast is very basic, typical Italian items like bread, cheese, crackers, coffee etc. Best time for breakfast would be 07h00 as it can get busy later.

Internet was 5 Euro and works fine, maybe the signal in worse in other rooms but it works fine in the front facing rooms. Mobile signal was also good.

Rome is a city you explore on foot, so prepare for alot of walking. During the summer it is very hot with no wind or cloud cover most of the time so drink lots of water. There are fountains all over the city, the water is good and ice cold, make use of them!

There are some scam artists in the city, just be aware and shrug them off, they get confussed when you speak a foreign language and eventually give up. So avoid people dressed up in Roman outfits and people wanting donations for drug rehabs they can be very pushy and always want a reward of some kind. Also avoid people wanting to assist you with luggage as it might cost you a few Euro, and if they do not like the ammount you gave them they will give it back to you!

All in all, excellent experience

Thank you to the staff for a wonderful week in your beautifull city!

Room Tip: Try and get a room above the entrance to ensure wireless signal
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SkipperZA
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is the worse hotel ever. No one was there to help me with my luggage. I had to pay $5 for internet that was supposed to be free. The cellphone didn't work inside the hotel, I had to step outside the hotel to get service. I was given a room on the first floor just right by the hotel door and when I asked the receptionist to switch to a higher room so I can get a service to my phone he said all rooms are the same. The room was gloomy and the window was very small and looked on the backyard which looked like a junkyard. The room wasn't clean at all and I couldn't sit even on the bed. I couldn't stay two hours in this hotel, I checked out right away and when I told the receptionist that I'm leaving he offered me a room in a different floor, I just told him I don't like it here and left. I already paid for 5 nights at this hotel but I stayed only few hours. I felt I was choking. This hotel should be rated as 1 star and it should be for students or for one night travelers. I don't recommend this hotel not even to my enemy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rakia H

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Trawled the internet a long time to find a hotel within both our budget and walking distance of a number of attractions.
We got dropped off at St. Peters Square by our Sorrento holiday hotel day excursion tour guide and made our way to Hotel Priscilla by the sightseing open top bus to the nearest stop off point and a brisk 10 minute walk.
First impressions at reception didn't bode well, the staff howerver were pleasant enough, unfortunately the antiquated lift took an age to arrive on the ground floor, so we were whisked up a number of flights of stairs and shown to our room.
Oh boy, was that a delight!!! NOT.
It was awful, dark, old and grubby. The clean bed linen and the reasonablly clean bathroom was it's only saving grace and had we been staying any longer than one night I'd haver been down those stairs and out quicker than you can say it.
It seems an effort had been made to modernise the below ground floor level bar and eating area and to be fair that was quite nice. The bar tender was friendly and helpful as was the waitress when we took our breakfast the next morning.
Speaking of breakfast, it was mediocre. Now I don't want to sit down to a full English breakfast in Rome, that's for sure, but come on, stale bread, dry pastries, cold coffee and worst of all an orange drink NOT orange juice, some awful substitute that drunk enough would rot your teeth in a matter of hours.
And so to check out, asked the receptionist to call for a taxi to take us to the railway station, brushed ourselves down and left.
What a dump!!!