“Great location and staff”
Review of Priscilla Hotel

Priscilla Hotel
Ranked #1,052 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Locust, North Carolina
“Great location and staff”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My sister previously stayed here and recommended it to us. Not far from the train station and close to restaurants and shopping. Hotel itself is quaint. Room was comfortable and price was good. The staff was most helpful with any questions and printing up our airline tickets. Breakfast was included at the restaurant downstairs and just outside the door to the hotel. Internet is confined to the lobby only but I think that is somewhat the norm in Italy. Will definitely stay there again if we return to Rome.

Room Tip: We had a "double room" meaning 2 of us were in there but at least our shower was bigger th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lynn M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Zaventem, Belgium
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this family run hotel for 5 days. Coming in the room for the first time, i was definitely unimpressed. It was old and the carpet did not seem too clean. The shower didn't work and sitting on the toilet was a challenge because the bathroom was so small. Also the door of thd bathroom didn't close properly which is quite embarassing.
The breakfast was horrible. Hpw hard can it be to have fresh bread every morning?
The staff was friendly and responded quickly to our demands.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tara K

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Its was wonderful,the breakfast was good with no complaning,the service was great and the room was great for the price, thay have a bus station close to the entrance and thay resterunt was great and not expensive at all

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank natanel80
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel is quite old and in desperate need of updating but the staff are fantastic ! Had an incident where a bag was stolen from the hotel reception and the hotel took complete responsibilty for it. They paid for missed trains (320 euro) taxi's to and from the Australian embassy and a transfer to the train station. The Staff did everything in there power to help locate the missing bag. At one point there was no staff left in the hotel because they were all on the streets looking for the missing bag.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Good location, clean and comfortable but room is a little small.
Staff if very nice, helpful and welcoming.
The only detail I didn't like was a very very small shower stall.
Free good breakfast in their lower level restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hugo H
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Avoid this hotel at all cost. It is a half star hotel at best. Staff: RUDE-especially the woman--she does not have a customer service bone in her entire body. Not a one. Beds: Clean sheets but the sidewalks would have been far more comfortable. Bathrooms: Clean but in the first room we were assigned, it was hardly bigger than the toilet. Walls: Full of mold. Spotted like a Dalmatian. Ripped wall paper with black marks all over. Carpet: Old, dirty and smells. No room safe. A/C: works in some rooms, not in others. WIFI: They say it is in the rooms but it is only in the lobby. When you sit in the lobby to use the WIFI, you realize that it is hot as HADES. We were given a room that smelled SOOOOOOOO bad, it made my stomach turn over. I asked for a different room and the woman (RUDE, as noted above) said there was nothing available. I tried to seep there, and was getting sick, so I went down after midnight and said that I was paying to be in the hotel and needed a place where I could sleep. I was again told there was no room (huge argument), so I tried to sleep in lobby. Lobby was sweltering, so I packed a bag to go find another hotel. The desk clerk then gave me a single room to sleep in. The room was 4 by 8. It smelled so bad of cigarettes, I am sure I lost several months off my life inhaling the air. As I laid on the rock hard bed with white sheets, I was envisioning myself inside of a rolled up cigarette. I left the window open for a while, but then thought that the pigeons would be the first to enter in the morning, so I had to close them. Worst night ever. They did switch my room the next day, and that room was renovated and was better. By better, I mean, no smell and an A/C that worked. Avoid the stress. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank thegoldenmother
Toronto, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had booked for 4 nights in June 2013. We arrived around 9pm from our flight and were informed that the hotel was having water issues and that we were to stay in another hotel down the road for one night. Tired after our flight we attempted to find our way in the dark to the other hotel with our bags. We found it eventually, but it wasn't the best start to our stay. When we returned to the Priscilla the room was sizeable but dated. Breakfast wasn't inspiring (although this was consistent throughout Italy). The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the closest metro. It was a little removed from the main centre of Rome and a bit of walking is definitely required. Overall, the room and service was adequate, but marred somewhat by having to relocate in the dark on our first night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple