“A wonderful place to stay in Rome”
Review of Hotel Nazionale

Hotel Nazionale
Ranked #44 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Loved this hotel. The location was perfect -- within walking distance of all the must-see attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful; the included breakfast was much more than expected; the lobby (with free internet) and small bar area were pretty and fit in well with this historical building. Our room was spacious, even by U.S. standards, with an entryway, sitting area with two tables and a sofa and several chairs, a large bathroom, plenty of storage space, and a handy mini fridge. And we had three windows overlooking Piazza Montecitorio, from which we could often hear church bells ringing. What a wonderful place to spend several days in Rome!

Room Tip: From what I heard from other guests, some rooms on the street were not as quiet as our room on the P...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very central location, it is literally next to the Pantheon, and doesn't really have the touristy feel of the Trevi Fountain area. Generally the staff were very helpful, however we did have an issue checking in initially where we needed to wait an hour or so. The aircon in our room was ok but could have been better but other than that it's a great hotel. The breakfast was extensive and well presented. Something to be aware of is that there is construction going currently on the 2nd floor and our room was close to this, and although it didn't affect us as they started at 9:30 in the morning it might bother people who want a lie in (the staff offered to move us if we wanted but declined)

1  Thank Landog99
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Nazionale and had a wonderful visit.

I would like to rave about one of the hotel's stellar employees, Patrick Almeida. He treated me and everyone entering the hotel as if he were welcoming them into his own home. While traveling away from the comfort of my own home, I was so fortunate to be greeted by such a warm and helpful person at the reception desk.

Arriving in Rome was a bit daunting to me, as I had never visited Italy before and did not know exactly how to spend my limited time in the city. Patrick put my mind at ease by arranging my tour bus, suggesting restaurants, and recommending places to buy water and exchange money. His concern for me and my welfare, combined with pointing me in the right directions, made all the difference in my trip.

Employees like Patrick are extremely rare. As an owner of my own business, I greatly appreciate an employee who is completely committed to the service he provides and who demonstrates personal investment in the outcome. He was completely in-tune with my needs as a customer, and I trusted his advice implicitly.

Upon returning to the States, I have raved to my family and friends about the Hotel Nazionale and, especially, its lifesaver employee Patrick. I can't think of a better form of publicity than personal recommendations (and online reviews!) for any hotel to project its image to the world. Patrick was an excellent asset, ambassador, and advertisement for the hotel, especially in an age when customer service is very difficult to find. A contribution like his is a valuable and rare commodity in any business.

I know that if I return to Rome it will be to the Nazionale and, hopefully, to his wonderful and warm smile.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Eileen J
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location for seeing Rome. It is very central and safe and our room had a nice view of the piazza. The breakfast room was large with many choices though hot meat and eggs were 8 to 12 euros more. The staff were all friendly and pleasant. Other than that you could not consider this a four star hotel. Our room was very run-down and shabby. There were huge water stains on the ceilings and a vast amount of damage to all of the walls. It is in desperate need of refurbishment. Plus there are none of the niceties one expects with a four star: only one soap to transport yourself from sink to bath, no English channels other than news, not a single drawer in the entire room. Plus, between the lack of blackout drapes (bring an eye mask!!!), the constant stomping from the room above, and the banging noises all day long, it was a very unrestful and uncomfortable stay.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

this hotel was recommended to us by a friend and it was just lovely. The hotel is within walking distance of most of the sights. the room was beautiful and overlooked the piazza. The whole place was immaculately clean and oozed character. The staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly and could not do enough to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast choice was vast and of excellent quality. We will definitely go back and will recommend to friends as THE place to stay in Roma

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very nice hotel on an historic place, with an helpful and friendly staff. Very good and ample breakfast. The room was very nice, right size when you stay for a little week , very clean and with a great view. Perfect location i in the heart of Rome, walking distance to the many of Rome's attractions. Perfect place to stay :-)

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I booked this hotel on Expedia. When I checked out, the hotel insisted that I hadn't prepaid and required me to pay again. My credit card company straightened this out subsequently but it was annoying to be doubly charged.

Breakfast was nice and ample.

The room while reasonably nice was very noisy - from the foot traffic near the restaurants/bars etc nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family