“Great Location!!”
Review of Hotel Nazionale

Hotel Nazionale
Ranked #43 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The staff is very helpful and professional. The hotel seams like it is more suited for the business traveler than the leisure traveler. They do provide a breakfast and free internet. The hotel is in the process of being renovated. The location is amazing it is next Parliament building and this can make for a noisy day since people outside the building demonstrating. This is not the nicest hotel but it is all about location and it is in a great one.

Room Tip: If you want a quite nights sleep then don't get a room number 3 to 9! They are near the gelater...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Nazionale

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel Nazionale is a gem. It is right in the center of all attractions, yet in a very quiet location, just next to the Italian Chamber of Deputies.
Our cab driver said that it is the safest location mainly because of the presence of security 24 hours around the Government building.
The best part was its proximity to all main attractions.
Walking distances from Hotel Nazionale:
Pantheon: 5 minutes,
Trevi fountain: 6 minutes,
Spanish Steps: 10 minutes,
Colosseum: 22 minutes,
Vatican Museum: 35 minutes.
You don't need to hire expensive tour companies if you stay in this hotel.
Book online for the Vatican Museum and Colosseum entrance fees with tour guides. The other attractions like Pantheon are free.
The shuttle from the airport to this hotel cost us 50 Euros.
If you are going to the port for a cruise from this hotel by a cab, it costs 140 Euros.
Free Breakfast is basic. We did not use the Internet when we were there; so can't comment on that. The staff were pleasant and polite and allowed us to check in early. The ceilings are huge in the rooms; so the rooms appear very spacious. The bathroom is big. To cap it all, it is in the heart of Rome. I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank VR1_12
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I loved this hotel. The service was great, the staff was very helpful and dedicated, always ready to help. Our room was very spacious, with a large bathroom and the aircon. In the hotel, the old-fashioned lounge was really nice and had free internet. Compared to the average prices in Rome, the bar was pretty cheap but still better than most Rome's cafés. But the best thing about this hotel is the location! Everything you need or want to see is within a walkable area, the furthest maybe was the Vatican City (~30 min.). Only negative point was the distant subway, but I guess it's the price to pay to be in the middle of the old town -- which totally worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LucasMichel95
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We got a great deal on-line and stayed here for 2 nights before starting a cruise at Civitavecchia. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and very spacious, with a lovely big bathroom and welcome aircon. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was included and met our needs, though you do need to pay extra for hot items (omelettes, bacon and eggs etc). The location was ideal, between the ancient sites and the Vatican, and especially good for the Trevi fountain and Pantheon too. Mind you we are both young and fit enough to walk everywhere - Rome is not a huge city after all. But older or less mobile visitors would maybe need a taxi to the Forum/Coliseum or over to St Peters. The very best thing about this though was the fantastic ice cream parlour in the street beside the hotel. Perfect! We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Rome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Loved this hotel. The location was perfect -- within walking distance of all the must-see attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful; the included breakfast was much more than expected; the lobby (with free internet) and small bar area were pretty and fit in well with this historical building. Our room was spacious, even by U.S. standards, with an entryway, sitting area with two tables and a sofa and several chairs, a large bathroom, plenty of storage space, and a handy mini fridge. And we had three windows overlooking Piazza Montecitorio, from which we could often hear church bells ringing. What a wonderful place to spend several days in Rome!

Room Tip: From what I heard from other guests, some rooms on the street were not as quiet as our room on the P...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very central location, it is literally next to the Pantheon, and doesn't really have the touristy feel of the Trevi Fountain area. Generally the staff were very helpful, however we did have an issue checking in initially where we needed to wait an hour or so. The aircon in our room was ok but could have been better but other than that it's a great hotel. The breakfast was extensive and well presented. Something to be aware of is that there is construction going currently on the 2nd floor and our room was close to this, and although it didn't affect us as they started at 9:30 in the morning it might bother people who want a lie in (the staff offered to move us if we wanted but declined)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Landog99
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Nazionale and had a wonderful visit.

I would like to rave about one of the hotel's stellar employees, Patrick Almeida. He treated me and everyone entering the hotel as if he were welcoming them into his own home. While traveling away from the comfort of my own home, I was so fortunate to be greeted by such a warm and helpful person at the reception desk.

Arriving in Rome was a bit daunting to me, as I had never visited Italy before and did not know exactly how to spend my limited time in the city. Patrick put my mind at ease by arranging my tour bus, suggesting restaurants, and recommending places to buy water and exchange money. His concern for me and my welfare, combined with pointing me in the right directions, made all the difference in my trip.

Employees like Patrick are extremely rare. As an owner of my own business, I greatly appreciate an employee who is completely committed to the service he provides and who demonstrates personal investment in the outcome. He was completely in-tune with my needs as a customer, and I trusted his advice implicitly.

Upon returning to the States, I have raved to my family and friends about the Hotel Nazionale and, especially, its lifesaver employee Patrick. I can't think of a better form of publicity than personal recommendations (and online reviews!) for any hotel to project its image to the world. Patrick was an excellent asset, ambassador, and advertisement for the hotel, especially in an age when customer service is very difficult to find. A contribution like his is a valuable and rare commodity in any business.

I know that if I return to Rome it will be to the Nazionale and, hopefully, to his wonderful and warm smile.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo