“A Great hotel”

Ranked #44 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
suffolk
“A Great hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. It is clean, central to all major attractions ( Pantheon 5 min, Trevi 10min, Colluseum 30min walk, St Peters 30 min)and you feel very safe as it is beside the parliament buildings which have a constant presence of Italian Police.

I was a lady travelling alone and paid to have a double room. The view from my room (512) was just amazing. Rooms were really nicely presented and cleaned daily. Breakfast was lovely fresh fruit of all types,yogurt, pastries, muesli with full fat and skimmed milk available.

The hotel staff were SO helpful. I had a problem with my room air con the first night and they bought me a large fan and immediately fixed it the next day. When I had to miss breakfast to go to the Papal audience they offered to pack me a breakfast up! They also loaned me a phone charging lead when I forgot mine.

It was a fabulous stay, I felt very safe at the hotel and surrounding area. My only regret is that I didn't book longer! Would definitely make this hotel my first choice again!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank vickisuffolk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We found a really good deal for a 2 night stay in the hotel Hotel Nazionale. The staff were extremely friendly and spoke really good English. They also gave us great advise on where to go and which restaurants to go to.

Breakfast was very nice aswell.

Very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad I chose the hotel nazionale. I looked at a lot of hotels online before coming and I'm so glad I ended up choosing this one! The location is great. It means you can walk out of the door and stumble across the pantheon, trevi fountain, gelato places and lovely Rome streets. I debated staying near termini but the location around nazionale has considerably more charm. The staff were very helpful and I discussed a few plans with them. Breakfasts also had a great selection. My room was an exec suite (I was upgraded) and it looked on to the square which was beautiful. It was still quite noisy at night but I suspect anywhere in Rome would be. The hotel has charm and is obviously Italian (rather than bigger American chains). If you're considering it, book and enjoy your stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophie L
Nyc
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Well, I accidentally booked this hotel thinking it was on Nazionale Street A hotel I stayed at before. To my surprise and delight our driver brought us here! Nazionale Roma!
They helped with restaurant recommendations. Great great location, Hands down In the center of Rome. Rooms are decorated beautifully and Next door to the Italian parliament and waking distance to all major sights.
I will be back!
Grateful mistake

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary_Martori
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week as a base for our Rome trip. We wanted to be near the atmosphere but still in a quieter area. It is near every where you need to be. The Pantheon is 3 mins away, Piazza Navona was 6 mins away and a myriad of taverna, pizzeria and restaurants en route. This hotel was perfect and we had 2 rooms for the four of us, one overlooking the Piazza, great size and bathroom was great.

Breakfast was included and a great selection. Fruit, meats, cereal, pastries and proper bread for toast if you chose it.

We also enjoyed being able to sit out in the evening at the front of the hotel for coffee. We ordered some milk for the children and the bartender brought them a plate of biscuits ( gratis !) to have as a snack.

Absolutely recommend this hotel. Quiet, comfy, secure ( it is next to the Italian Parliament so Gamberini's are everywhere). Hotel staff couldn't be more helpful and no issues with the language either.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stay here for 4 nights for our anniversary in August. Fantastic staff made this trip even more enjoyable especially Patrick who help us with restaurant choices and told us of some lovely places to walk to not just the normal tourist attractions
Room was clean and spacious and the view from the room was just perfect
The bathroom could do with updating and even I struggled having a shower and I'm not exactly the tallest person, all this said bathroom was still clean and adequate.
Thank you everyone at the hotel for making our anniversary trip just right it's one I will never forget and will return

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We checked in this hotel for a pre cruise week in Rome. The driver at the airport knew it very well when we arrived at the airport. The location was fantastic right near the Pantheon. The location was very safe for my family as it is next to the Italian Parliament. The front desk staff were excellent!!. They were extremely friendly, helpful and every one of them seemed to enjoy helping us every time we had a question on where to go. The rooms were very clean, extremely quite and comfortable. It included breakfast ( a must when traveling with families ) and we really enjoyed it before our days of touring. From now on this is the only hotel I will stay in when in Rome and I have been there around ten times over the years!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family