“A Great Place”
Review of Hotel Bled

Hotel Bled
Ranked #960 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here during the Rome Marathon weekend and thought this place was a bargain for the price. Room was nicely kept and had a balcony.
The guy at the front desk was not that friendly, but then I hardly had reason to interact with him as I worked out roughly what I'd be doing before I left. I can never work out why people harp on about the staff. It's in Rome so who wants to spend their time cooked up in a hotel moaning about staff? The breakfast was one of the best continental ones I've come accross. The waitress was also very friendly and was chatting to many of us runners.
I never noticed any bad smells except perhaps us sweaty runners after the race :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The hotel was just okay. It was clean and basic, nothing special. The location was just okay as well. The staff was not the friendliest and were either not knowledgeable about the area or they just didn't care. We were given some bad references for restaurants within walking distance and some bad advice for a "hop-on-hop-off" tour. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast, so I can't comment on that, but I did use the internet, which was slow and kept kicking me off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The smell coming out of the drain in the bidet was horrible! The only way to sleep through it was to put a glass over it and leave the door shut. Everyday we would leave our room with the glass over the drain and the bathroom door shut and everyday we would come back and the cleaning lady had removed the glass, opened the bathroom door, turned off the A/C, and opened the window. So once again the smell of hot sewage permeated our room, bed, and clothes. There was constant "renovation" ongoing throughout our 4-night stay. Actually the were patching up walls where they looked to have fallen, or even worse collapsed. The front desk did not care if you were staying there or not, they were not friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harrison B
Reviewed 5 September 2011

this hotel was tidy and clean but unfortunatly because of the staff at the front desk, our stay was made uncomfortable. because we are backpaking europe and turned up at the hotel with our backpacks it seem like we were "lower class" compared to other guests. breakfast was nice and the waitress was lovely, quiet location. dont think we would stay here again though.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa l
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Nice enough traditional and old fashioned Italian room. There was a faint smell of cigarette smoke in our room and throughout the hotel. If I had been planning to stay longer than 2 nights, I would have had to leave due to the odor. Also, some equipment outside in the courtyard hummed continuously throughout our 2 day stay. All of that aside, good location, nice staff and EXCELLENT breakfast......

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room/non-smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank keukamoon
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We booked two rooms, one for my parents and one for myself and my wife. The rooms we were allocated were next to each other but not in the main hotel. Our room was very small, you could barely walk around the end of the bed and there was no space for our suitcases. The other room was larger, but the air conditioning didn't work properly. It turned on but then switched itself off after a few minutes and needed to be switched on again. This is fine when you're awake but it got very hot during the night. When we mentioned this to the reception staff their response was "It switches on, then it works!". It took them four days to change the room after no one came to look at the air conditioning unit during this time. The room was immediately given to someone else after my parents had moved out of it. The room my parents were allocated was a similar size and standard. In this room the drains were very smelly and the refrigerator didn't work. As they required to keep medication chilled this was particularly inconvenient. We complained again and they were moved to "the best room in the hotel". This room was in the main hotel and was still basic but it was an improvement on the previous rooms. For the price we paid the standard in the main hotel was fine but if you are allocated rooms in the other building they are substandard! The rooms in the building outside the main hotel are also very noisy, the doors are paper thin and the main power tripped a few times during our stay so no one had any air conditioning or lights!

Another point to note is there are no tea or making facilities in the rooms or available anywhere else in the hotel. They advertise having a bar but it was closed for our entire stay (8nights).

The location is good and there are some nice restaurants a short walk away from the hotel. It is also quite close to a metro station and not too far a walk from the colosseum. There is a continental breakfast which is good and the waitress that worked most days was very efficient and friendly (a breath of fresh air compared to the other staff)!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sc0ttish_Wanderers
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The hotel was very basic,I was a single traveller and was conserned with some of the other reviews before I went,if I had to stay here again I would make sure it was not a single room,the hotel does not have a bar for a drink at night and does not serve food other that continental breakfast,it is quite close to the underground and close to some eating places,it is also only a 15 minute walk from the colesseum,staff were helpfull.
Private bus from the Airport only costs around 4 to 6 Euros and takes you straight into Rome.

Room Tip: Buy your underground tickets at the Tonaconist as it saves time and how to work out the machines,als...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo